Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 U16 European Championship - Udine (Aug 9-17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me be the only one to predict France’s victory today and that this generation will dominate its age group of European basketball. France’s bigs will only get better. Dieng will grow into an amazing 2 mètre + point guard.

For today, i predict the French victory knowing that they lost against Spain earlier this year. From what I saw, European refs consciously or not tend to be biased against non white players and from what I heard on this forum they tend to favour Spain in any case.

Let me be clear I have never seen Spain play. But, I have seen now every French game in this tournament. I have also looked at the stats and summary of the game earlier this year. The one thing that jumped at me, is that neither Wembanyama, nor De Sousa played in that game. Spain won by forcing French TOs. French still dominated the rebound. So I am hoping that this time France now having a better ball handler and being even bigger, will win this time.

Comment

Good last game of Batin Tuna with 17 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists and 3 steals. Bona also had his sick moments. Greece was too weak as expected.

Our team lacks in general of creative guys. Except Bona we played mostly with two 201 guys in the paint. Koralp Türks game wont translate in pro business but Mestoglu is newly 15 and had a great tournament being undersized and one year younger. Eray needs still one more year.

Comment

We qualify for the WC, that's what really matters for these guys.

Bona ended up the tournament with 14.1 PPG (freaky 61.8 FG percentage), 10.3 RPG and 4 BPG. Batın Tuna's stats looks impressive, but his general impact on game didn't satisfy me in this tournament. He is a much better prospect than what he has shown in these 7 games. Top-5 prospect of '03 generation and most probably the most versatile one as he is doing everything on court, but his inconsistent perimeter shot limits him.

Good job guys. We have two solid '03 born long-term prospects in this team. Bona in Karşıyaka, Tuna in Tofaş. Great opportunity for them since these clubs have the best basketball environment for kids to develop.
        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
          We qualify for the WC, that's what really matters for these guys.

Bona ended up the tournament with 14.1 PPG (freaky 61.8 FG percentage), 10.3 RPG and 4 BPG. Batın Tuna's stats looks impressive, but his general impact on game didn't satisfy me in this tournament. He is a much better prospect than what he has shown in these 7 games. Top-5 prospect of '03 generation and most probably the most versatile one as he is doing everything on court, but his inconsistent perimeter shot limits him.

Good job guys. We have two solid '03 born long-term prospects in this team. Bona in Karşıyaka, Tuna in Tofaş. Great opportunity for them since these clubs have the best basketball environment for kids to develop.
          I also liked what I saw from Peksari. Some really nice flashes

Comment

I also liked Peksarı. His physical tools is not that garish due to lack of agility but kid can really handle the ball good at driving to the rim.

Comment

No single offensive organization and ball-sharing by French team in the final. On the other hand, Spanish team is well-organized and every player is fundamentally-sound that outclasses French team at this point. The size of French team is something that surprises you but definitely not their basketball fundamentals. Still, Wembanyama is an extraordinary potential.

And after getting U-18 Championship, this one goes to Spain aswell. Hard to say a Spanish player stood out amongst others, they displayed such a good teamwork.
              Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                No single offensive organization and ball-sharing by French team in the final. On the other hand, Spanish team is well-organized and every player is fundamentally-sound that outclasses French team at this point. The size of French team is something that surprises you but definitely not their basketball fundamentals. Still, Wembanyama is an extraordinary potential.

And after getting U-18 Championship, this one goes to Spain aswell. Hard to say a Spanish player stood out amongst others, they displayed such a good teamwork.
                French teams have always the worst fundamentals in the U16. You cant find any teamwork. They just have the bodys of 30 year old guys and win their games with superior bodies.

Comment

All-Star Five:

Matteo Spagnolo
                  Ruben Dominguez (MVP)
                  Juan Nunez
                  Adem Bona
                  Victor Wembanyama

Good to see they hand All-Tournament team to Bona despite Turkey finished 5th.
                  Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                    French teams have always the worst fundamentals in the U16. You cant find any teamwork. They just have the bodys of 30 year old guys and win their games with superior bodies.
                    By the time they play on the French senior team they have bodies of 45 year old men and beat other teams how again?

Every team struggled against Spain with they full court defense and their small scrappy players. It is a style of play that works very well in U16 because there size isn’t necessarily an advantage, being small is. At that age you simply don’t find tall players with the same skills, that develops later. In particular this French team did not have a good enough PG, so Dieng had to take over a lot of these duties. At the moment he has an excellent shot, but needs to develop his ball handling and passing. Consequence is that they could not get the ball to their bigs. Spain really does do an excellent job in developing their players passing skills early, I wish they would do the same in France. But if you don’t have a modicum of physical skills, your upside will always be limited. There is a reason why there are no 6ft white PGs in the NBA.

Comment

• @Audiris, I agree with you. It's very difficult to play your game against Spain, especially if you are France with weaker cohesion.

Nunez is an outstanding playmaker; he is calm (even cold), smart, gritty, and makes his shots. Another similarly impressive player, a SG, is Oikonomopoulos. He does not have the physically imposing body for his peers (unlike Charampopoulos was or even Rogkavo is), but he gets it done by skill and smarts.

In our team, even though he was turnover prone and looked a lot raw compared to Kurtuldum for example, Batın Tuna is imho the best guard prospect. He can dribble well and defeat his man at least.
                      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information