Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 U16 European Championship - Udine (Aug 9-17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 U16 European Championship - Udine (Aug 9-17)

Group A:
    Russia
    Italy
    Germany
    Croatia

Group B:
    North Macedonia
    Latvia
    Israel
    Spain

Group C:
    Slovenia
    Lithuania
    Estonia
    Turkey

Group D:
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Serbia
    Greece
    France
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Friendly results from tournament in Baku:
    Turkey-Greece 62-67
    Spain-Greece 63-62
    Greece-Lithuania 71-77

Comment

We ended up second after Spain and will play for gold that tournament with severe losses of Efe Tahmaz, Eray Büyükcangaz, Adem Bona who is with the U18 and Ozan Yilmaz
      Last edited by Toruko; 07-26-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Our team and most of the biggest european basketball countries participate in the european youth olympic festival in Baku. Turkey U16 is in the final after beating serbia in semi finals. Greece is playing for 5-6 rank against croatia probably after defeating azerbaijan. We will play against the winner of the game France vs Spain. Although we have big losses like Büyükcangaz, Adem bona who is with U18 right now, Partizan guy Efe Tahmaz and Ozan Yilmaz we reached the final.

Batin Tuna is the guy with the best fgp and the one year younger Banvit guy Yigit Mestoglu carry the team together. Nice to see him nailing threes.

Serbia will play against the loser of the spain vs france game which will be france most likely.

Comment

2004-born 6'6" SG Efe Tahmaz is not the only young Turkish player in Partizan youth program, there is also a 2007-born kid from Keçiören, Kutlu Çatağay Kilinç.

Comment

Looking forward to the French team. Keep an eye out for Ousmane Dieng. 2m. Very fluid athlete. In the last three prep games he went 11/13 from three.

Then there is also the unicorn, 2004 born Victor Wembanyama. He looks even taller than his 2m15.

Comment

OK, dear youth bb friends.

The U16 Tournament is gonna start next friday. Unfortunately my knowledge about the non turkish player is very restricted. I just had the opportunity watch some of them in the TBF internatational U16 Tournament in January. I will call some names that i will definitely watch curiously.

France: has the tallest Roster ever but as any France team the player are not very well prepared so far. Very weak fundamentals from what i saw. I dont expect much of this team but due to their early developed bodies they should reach quarter finals at least.

Serbia: Since Vukcevic is not part of the team my eyes will lay on the Bosnian Serb Radovanovic. Very complete Scorer for his age, Nice frame and nice height. Serbia has a strong generation and should reach semi finals.

LTU was very good in the mentioned Tournament. The Bigs Kojenets and Baltrusaitis showed some shooting mechanics but the most impressive guy was Emils Butkus who did really everything on the court. My first impression was Doncic like big Guard/Forward but. I am curious how he developed since January.

Greece: a greek wrote here in the past that Tola wont be available for U16 since he hasnt got his greek passport yet. I dont know if its true but the stats say that there is one guy who does everything on the court Elefteros Mantzoukas. Hasnt watch a single game but my greek friends from Germany who I trust say he is very good. Dont expect much of them since they problably will be without a decent big again.

Turkey: The team is in the paint strong with Bona and hopefully one year younger Mestoglu who is a bit undersized but unlike almost all our Center he is a great free throw shooter and shooter in general. His versatility is huge for his age. He doesnt like to play any post moves but he uses his body very well. His smartness is supported by his passing skills which is good for a big. Ball handling is also very good. I must say Bandirma knows how to raise bigs. His problem right now is... he is undersized.

Batin Tuna is another very complete guy and is probably the best defending wing in the tournament. Had many triple double in the tournaments in Turkey with Tofas an elite rebounder for his position and a decent passer and finisher at the rim. Very hungry and smart. Shooting is very inconsistent but he never hesitates.

Koralp Türk might also look good but with 200 cm as power forward he has no future and he is too slow for the sf position.

I hope that Efe Tahmaz the sg of Partizan will participate. Never saw him playing.

In the Guard position team turkey is a bit weak. Eray Büyükcangaz a 200 cm pg with a tremendous wingspan and good ballhandle and decent court vision might play despite being one year younger. Murat Meric Kuntker a ballhog with elite ball handling skills and score first pg or it will be the Fener guy Berkay Yilmaz who i dont like very much.

Ball sharing might be a problem but team turkey should reach semi.

Other notable names: Fedor Zugic (Montenegro), Matteo Spagnolo (Italy)

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                LTU was very good in the mentioned Tournament. The Bigs Kojenets and Baltrusaitis showed some shooting mechanics but the most impressive guy was Emils Butkus who did really everything on the court. My first impression was Doncic like big Guard/Forward but. I am curious how he developed since January.
                Šią vasarą Rolando Rakučio treniruojamos Lietuvos šešiolikmečių rinktinės laukia du dideli turnyrai – Europos jaunimo žaidynės Azerbaidžiane bei Europos čempionatas Italijoje.
                The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Turkey: The team is in the paint strong with Bona and hopefully one year younger Mestoglu who is a bit undersized but unlike almost all our Center he is a great free throw shooter and shooter in general. His versatility is huge for his age. He doesnt like to play any post moves but he uses his body very well. His smartness is supported by his passing skills which is good for a big. Ball handling is also very good. I must say Bandirma knows how to raise bigs. His problem right now is... he is undersized.

Batin Tuna is another very complete guy and is probably the best defending wing in the tournament. Had many triple double in the tournaments in Turkey with Tofas an elite rebounder for his position and a decent passer and finisher at the rim. Very hungry and smart. Shooting is very inconsistent but he never hesitates.

Koralp Türk might also look good but with 200 cm as power forward he has no future and he is too slow for the sf position.

I hope that Efe Tahmaz the sg of Partizan will participate. Never saw him playing.

In the Guard position team turkey is a bit weak. Eray Büyükcangaz a 200 cm pg with a tremendous wingspan and good ballhandle and decent court vision might play despite being one year younger. Murat Meric Kuntker a ballhog with elite ball handling skills and score first pg or it will be the Fener guy Berkay Yilmaz who i dont like very much.

Ball sharing might be a problem but team turkey should reach semi.
                  it´s off topic but...

Old material but you can see Efe Tahmaz(14) here, Berke Büyüktuncel(8), Eray Büyükcangaz(6), Haktan Yavas(12), Yigit Hamza Mestoglu(11, but he will do nothing in these games because he is too good for U14).....

Efe Tahmaz is a SF/G like Uros Trifunovic, he was with 11 in Efes u12 team, with 13 together with Derin Mark Saran for Dacka´s U13 but he wasn´t a main player in this team because of physical problems and in his last season(2018) in Istanbul he had played for Besiktas U14(because of his mother) after summer 2018 for Partizan.

Just Mestoglu can contribute at this years U16.

Nothing is elite at Meric Kuntker, maybe without his father he would be a solid prospect but his father has no plan.

Comment

I dont know if its true but the stats say that there is one guy who does everything on the court Elefteros Mantzoukas. Hasnt watch a single game but my greek friends from Germany who I trust say he is very good. Dont expect much of them since they problably will be without a decent big again.
                    Mantzoukas is a big. He is a 2.06m PF.

You're right about Tzouliano Tola (listed as Tolas in the link below). It seems he trained/is training with the u16 team but not playing in the friendly matches so he must not be eligible yet. What is his country of origin?

Last edited by christodoulou76; 08-05-2019, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
                      Mantzoukas is a big. He is a 6'8 PF.
                      Yeah my fault. I meant the center position...

Comment

Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
                        You're right about Tzouliano Tola (listed as Tolas in the link below). It seems he trained/is training with the u16 team but not playing in the friendly matches so he must not be eligible yet. What is his country of origin?
                        Albania.

Comment

Originally posted by serbianhoops View Post
                          Albania.
                          Right.

Comment

Serbia's best shooter 6'7" swingman Nikola Jović who has a little bit of Bogdan Bogdanović in him is unfortunately out of competition due to a fractured wrist.

Comment

Our roster for the U16 team...

I am not happy with Berkay Yilmaz. I would have preferred Murat Meric Kuntker although he is a daring ball hog. Also not happy with Bülent Celik. He is long and has fast legs and can shoot but he is too soft and doesnt like contact. I hate soft center. I dont want to see them.

Rest is ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information