No announcement yet.

The Junmar Fajardo Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

twas a pity my camera ran out of batt just as the UC game against DBTC was about to start and I had no charger. I have a video on USPF vs CIT however uploaded at www.basketballcebu.com on the neTV section channel CeSAFI. That was a game in the Partners' Cup
    Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

yeah i agree.. sam ekwe is a monster on the defensive end, but jf though also has a good timing on swatting those shots but he need to bulk up another 10-15lbs more to be able to bang bodies inside the shaded lane.
      http://www.coolcatdesigns.org
      http://coolcatdesignsandconcepts.forums-free.com/
      http://www.axispensionehouse.com/
      http://www.bktours-visa.com/
      http://s6.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=183782/

Comment

hi to all cebu hoop observers, can JF face up, dribble and shoot the mid range j's?
        <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

Originally posted by thadzonline
          twas a pity my camera ran out of batt just as the UC game against DBTC was about to start and I had no charger. I have a video on USPF vs CIT however uploaded at www.basketballcebu.com on the neTV section channel CeSAFI. That was a game in the Partners' Cup
          daaaaaannnng! i dont know which is worse, not seeing the kid play or knowing i could have seen him play already had your cam not run out of batt

Comment

Coach R should consider including this guy in the NT. He improves a lot and learns fast..
            Play Cyberdunk: The best basketball you can play out side the NBA

Comment

Originally posted by ramiscar
              Coach R should consider including this guy in the NT. He improves a lot and learns fast..
              ...and lost him in the process? i think agosto go and the rest of UC management will not allow that to happen.
              "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

Fajardo, Demape Spark Teams To Victory
                By Gabby G. Malagar

Tuesday, January 15 2008 (www.philstar.com)

Jun Mar Fajardo was unstoppable in the overtime period while former pro Gilbert Demape showed his court savvy all night long during the games of the Reinforced Partners Cup at the Talisay Gym last Sunday.

The 6’7” slotman scored 11 of UC’s 22 points in overtime, including a thunderous slam, in the last 42 seconds to lift UC-Aspac Bank to a 112-101 conquest of DBTC/Unilab-Alaxan.

Demape, on the other hand, scored a quiet 16 points but his leadership proved to be the decisive as CIT-Metro Gaisano closed out a precarious 83-80 victory over USPF-R. Lapid’s Chicharon.

Fajardo, who was held to seven points in the entire first half, suddenly found his rhythm back in the second period and struck hardest in the overtime period. He finished with 34 points, leading all scorers, but most importantly shoved UC to a 5-2 slate.

Games today:
                (Cebu Coliseum)
                4:30 pm UC/Aspac vs. USPF/R. Lapid’s Chicharon
                6 pm USJR/Bibbo Hotdog vs. CIT/Metro Gaisano

(Text removed)

The scores:
                First Game:
                CIT/Metro (83)- Jaca 22, Demape 16, Abobo 11, Montealto 10, Reyes 10, Dela Cerna 8, Molero 2, Cañete 2, Estrada 2

USPF/R. Lapid’s Chicharon (80)- Labares 26, Rogado 14, Nemenzo 14, Bardilas 7, Tabada 6, Sereño 4, Avila 4, Gulane 3, Travero 1 Halftime: 37-31

Second Game:
                UC/Aspac Bank (112)- Fajardo 34, Abellanosa 17, Abella 14, Agas 11, Juliane 10, Abatayo 7, Ortigeusa 7, Ceniza 7, Luceño 2, Flanco 3, Connors 2

DBTC/Unilab-Alaxan (101)- Alferez 23, Delos Santos 23, Enterina 15, Sunga 9, Perturbos 8, Colegado 5, Baring 4, Villaver 3, Apura 3, Oberes 2, Caballero 2
                Halftime: 42-45

Copyright 2007. Philstar Global Corp. All rights reserved. This article cannot be published or redistributed without the permission of the publisher.
                Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Can anybody upload his video in youtube?

Comment

fajardo scores 50! (sunstar cebu jan16) they won the game too. he should be included in rp youth team

Comment

Originally posted by thadzonline
                      yup, still talking with the other teams..initially I got UC athletic director's nod but i still have to follow up..Im sorry if I cant get it done immediately as im doin this as a hobby and have real work to attend to(which is actually getting less of my attention)
                      it's ok thadz, just take your time. i know it's not easy to do this. if i could just lend a hand to help i will do it. we really appreciate your kindness.
                      "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Comment

Originally posted by kontiki
                        fajardo scores 50! (sunstar cebu jan16) they won the game too. he should be included in rp youth team
                        is it against r. lapids chicharon USPF team?
                        OMG, this guys wreaking havoc in the partners cup.

Comment

now, he scored on a rare fastbreak, but that's good news, that's only the second time i knew of that he actually tried finishing a break
                          Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

here is the detail of Junmar Fajardo's 50points game.

SunStar provides news and information from communities, including Cebu, Davao, Manila, Pampanga, Bacolod, Baguio, and Cagayan de Oro, among others. It is your link to home in the Philippines.

Just let us know your side, Junmar is a Good Player...
                            EVERY DUNKS COUNTS AS FOUR!!!

Comment

Move along, boys. A new Sheriff is in town.

Is he the NEXT GREAT PINOY CENTER? Time will tell ......

SunStar provides news and information from communities, including Cebu, Davao, Manila, Pampanga, Bacolod, Baguio, and Cagayan de Oro, among others. It is your link to home in the Philippines.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Silence, Fajardo & A Breakout Game

By Marian C. Baring
                              Sun.Star Staff Reporter

THE Cebu Coliseum fell dramatically silent in yesterday’s first game of the Reinforced Partners Cup basketball competition.

Quite a number of seats were empty and the regular basketball fanatics who were not there missed out on a lot as they failed to witness the breakout game of Aspac Bank-University of Cebu’s center Junmar Fajardo.

Touted a year ago more for his height and lanky figure than his ability to shoot a ball, Fajardo came a long way since his debut in the first Partners Cup. Yesterday, the 6-foot-7 behemoth showed a performance that was nothing short of spectacular as he scored a whooping 50 points to lift Aspac Bank-UC to a 108-100 win over R. Lapid’s Chicharon.

What made the win even sweeter was that it was a come-from-behind and an overtime win.

“He was gone for almost a year from the basketball scene, but he had been in therapy and we had taught him a lot and he had improved dramatically,” said therapist Dr. Dejaño, who had attended to Fajardo after he suffered an injury during the first Partners Cup.

Record-breaking

Fajardo broke his own record in this competition. He scored 40 points earlier in Danao, which was then the highest for the league. He is also the first player to have breached the 50-point marker since the 90s, a feat that was accomplished by Aldrin Ocañada.

This was the second time that Aspac Bank foiled a possible upset. Last Sunday, it also pulled off a backdoor win over Unilab/Alaxan-Don Bosco College, which was also extended to overtime.

Yesterday, R. Lapid’s came rampaging into the game and was able to build a confident 19-point lead, and was dictating the game’s tempo for the better part of it.

In the final period, Aspac Bank-UC, which was behind, 57-76, initiated a rousing comeback behind Kelvin Juliane to widen the gap to a reachable, 86-88.

Pressure

By this time, the once composed R. Lapid’s came crashing down as they succumbed to pressure to force crucial turnovers.

Fajardo then tied the game at 88-all in the final 24 seconds with an easy fastbreak layup. Jansen Abella missed a supposedly winning basket to force overtime.

Abella and Juliane, with Fajardo, owned the extra period en route to UC’s sixth win in eight games. Fajardo then completed his 50-point performance with a slam dunk in the final few ticks. He earned a technical for hanging at the ring too long and received a few lashing from coach Rhoel Gomez, but this did not stop UC from taking its victory.

Juliane scored 22 markers, while Abella had 14. USPF’s losing bid was led by Bogart Nemenzo, who had 23. USPF fell to a 1-6 slate.

Aspac Bank-UC (108)--Fajardo 50, Juliane 22, Abella 14, Abatayo 9, Agas 5, Flanco 3, Canceran 3 R. Lapid’s-USP (100)--Nemenzo 23, Rogado 19, Avila 12, Gulane 11, Bardilas 10, Rivera 6, Tabada 5, Monterde 4. (MCB)

© Copyright 2007 Sun.Star Publishing, Inc. I Contact the website at sunnexatsunstardotcomdotph
                              Last edited by rhk111; 01-16-2008, 01:05 AM.
                              Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

50 whooping points
                                Play Cyberdunk: The best basketball you can play out side the NBA

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information