Page 2 of 208 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Junmar Fajardo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thadzonline
    i'll try to answer it from what I have seen so far. JF is athletic although not quick enough. Speed is one aspect he needs to really develop. he thrives well on the pick and roll, has enough strength to outmuscle almost all Cebu big guys. While he scores a lot because of his height, it takes more than just being tall to be able to do what he is doing scoring in the 20's. Remember Ej Feihl is taller but couldn't even make good use of his size. JF sure knows how to use his height to his advantage. As far as I have seen JF, takes majority of his shots from around the paint. Freethrows? uhmm, I'd say not really good but not really mediocre as well, just a few refinement in his form should make him a better foul shooter. And he is a good presence inside, good timing on blocks, great rebounder. The kid has potential, someone that could be better than a Rino Berame given some time
    thanks for the informative reply thadzonline, greatly appreciated. can't wait for your videos

i will soon for everyone to watch..it will be uploaded at basketballcebu.com
    thadz, what about the profiles of the players? i think it's not yet done. the last time i check, its the players of USC and SWU are posted.
    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by ankle breaker
    thadz, what about the profiles of the players? i think it's not yet done. the last time i check, its the players of USC and SWU are posted.
    yup, still talking with the other teams..initially I got UC athletic director's nod but i still have to follow up..Im sorry if I cant get it done immediately as im doin this as a hobby and have real work to attend to(which is actually getting less of my attention)

JF just scored a career high of 40 points and grabbed a career high of 18 rebounds but UC still lost to USJ-R 85-83 after blowing up a 19-point lead

http://www.philstar.com/scripts/arti...id=20080112193

USJ-R Spoils Fajardo’s Big Night

By Gabby G. Malagar
    Sunday, January 13 2008 (www.philstar.com)

Jun Mar Fajardo missed a potential game-winning basket and lost everything including his career-highs 40 points and 18 rebounds.

This is best way to describe USJ-R/Bibbo Hotdog’s come-from-behind 85-82 victory over UC/Aspac Bank in a hotly-contested game of the Reinforced CESAFI Partners Cup that resulted into the ejection of Randy Pogoy and incited few instances of near fights last Friday night at the Danao City Sports and Civic Center.

Losing a 19-point lead in the first period, Fajardo could just be the man to deliver the upset ax on USJ-R/Bibbo. However, he flubbed a well-designed short jumper in the final 6.4 seconds of the contest that would have given UC/Aspac Bank the marginal win with the score standing at 82-83 in favor of USJ-R.

In the ensuing sequence, Lydon Gudez was quickly fouled and then cooly sank his free throws to settle the final tally as USJ-R walked away with its six straight victory in as many games. UC fell to 4-2.

UC got off to an impressive start and took a commanding 27-8 lead with 1:39 left in the first quarter. At that time, USJ-R’s Pogoy was thrown out of the game for hitting UC’s Lloyd Ortiguesa on the nape.

Tension flared from thereon as the two protagonists figured in a very emotional and physical game. Luther Luke Justiniani of USJ-R had an altercation with UC’s Robert Sting Espinoza and Marvin Ceniza during a wild scramble for ball possession.

Playing without top gunner Allain Abellanosa and back-up scorer Jonathan Canceran, UC wilted down the stretch especially when Kelvin Juliane was pulled out due to injury. That paved the way for USJ-R’s daring comeback.

Gabe Delfino topped USJ-R with 25 points. He was ably supported in scoring by Justiniani and Gudez, who finished with 15 and 14 points, respectively.

On the other end, it was only Ortiguesa who provided Fajardo an ample support with 17 points.

In the other game, DBTC/Unilab-Alaxan quelled a spirited endgame rally by USPF/R. Lapid’s Chicharon to eke out an 81-76 triumph. DBTC improved its win-loss record to 2-4, while USPF slipped to 1-4.

Interestingly, Alain de los Santos was the lone double-digit scorer for DBTC with 22 points. Elvis Labares paced USPF with 26 points followed by Michael Sereño with 10.

The scores

First game

DBTC-Unilab-Alaxan (81) - De los Santos 22, Aldave 9, Sunga 9, Perturbos 9, Apura 7, Oberes 5, Alferez 5, Colegado 5, Baring 3, Enterina 2

USPF/R. Lapid’s Chicharon (76) - Labares 26, Sereño 10, Mercader 8, Bardilas 8, Muñez 6, Nemenzo 5, Tabada 4, Monterde 2, Avila 1 Halftime: 38-34

Second game

USJ-R/Bibbo Hotdog (85) - Delfino 25, Justiniani 15, Gudez 14, Ponce 8, Hatague 8, Malinao 4, Villahermosa 3, Gabas 2, Pateño 2

UC/Aspac Bank (82) - Fajardo 40, Ortiguesa 17, Luceño 6, Abatayo 4, Ceniza 4, Flanco 3, Abella 2, Agas 2, Juliane 1, Espinoza 1, Connors 1 Halftime: 45-40

Copyright 2007. Philstar Global Corp. All rights reserved. This article cannot be published or redistributed without the permission of the publisher.

Default wow!

wow.. 40pts 18rebs. those stats kinda remind me of someone playing in the NBA.

Shaquille O'Neal.
    I'm Living Life in the Fastlane

Here's an updated scouting report on Fajardo:

DBTC vs. UC(Partners' Cup)
    Talisay City
    Jan 13, 2008

1st Quarter:
    DBTC exposed his weaknesses, they ran on the break, double-teamed him at the post but the guy passes well off the double team, and his teammates compensated with timely outside shots and sporadic fastbreaks. Once on a 3 on 0 break, Fajardo missed a dunk attempt, as he had some hesitations...I think he needs to develop that kind of instinct to want to take it strong to the hole each time. On defense, he changed shots but DBTC offset his inside presence with good fastbreaking plays. Fajardo appears to have the best timing blocking shots of set shooters but also appear to be less effective against a moving(driving/slashing) target. Caballero(around 6'2) kept good check on Fajardo.

2nd Quarter:
    Fajardo settles down and UC try to go to him with some success down low. uneventful, DBTC led 45-42 at the turn.

3rd quarter:
    UC was at their deadliest, Abellanosa started hitting his outside shots so was Abella. Fajardo was a force inside. DBTC forgot big man Perturbos in the rotation and relied heavily on Sunga, Aldave and Villaver. even Caballero seem lost in the rotation. UC led 68-60 after 3 quarters.

4th quarter:
    UC went to Fajardo down low, lots of fouls called but Fajardo missed a lot of freethrows that could have given them a big lead. DBTC capitalized and made a run anchored on the fastbreak finishes of Jake Alferez and the outside sniping of Delos Santos. They had a chance to win the game but Enterina split his freethrows inside 0.6 seconds to send it into OT.

OT:
    DBTC kept up in the first few minutes of extension. But Fajardo was making 3 point plays from about 13-14 feet(left quarter court) and had better FT percentages. Veteran Abellanosa broke DBTC's hearts with timely drives and a 3 point shot to put some distance. Highlight of the night: Abella alley oop pass to Fajardo for a contested slam which he completes anyway with his left hand. UC won, 112-101

Stat line:
    UC
    Fajardo 34 points
    Abellanosa 17 points

DBTC
    Alferez 23 points
    Delos Santos 23 points

The guy is a monster there in the Cebu leagues, hitting numbers in the 30s & 40s. Can't wait to see how this guy plays against UAAP / NCAA teams, or even in the PBL.

Hahaha... Me thinks this guy shows a lot more promise than Greg Slaughter and Rino Berame combined!! Damn, he reminds me of what might happen if Sam Ekwe becomes offensive-minded!

Quote Originally Posted by RayV
    Hahaha... Me thinks this guy shows a lot more promise than Greg Slaughter and Rino Berame combined!! Damn, he reminds me of what might happen if Sam Ekwe becomes offensive-minded!
    definitely more promising than Slaughter..Will probably be better than Rino Berame but Sam Ekwe? I'd say Ekwe is a lot better defensively

twas a pity my camera ran out of batt just as the UC game against DBTC was about to start and I had no charger. I have a video on USPF vs CIT however uploaded at www.basketballcebu.com on the neTV section channel CeSAFI. That was a game in the Partners' Cup

yeah i agree.. sam ekwe is a monster on the defensive end, but jf though also has a good timing on swatting those shots but he need to bulk up another 10-15lbs more to be able to bang bodies inside the shaded lane.

hi to all cebu hoop observers, can JF face up, dribble and shoot the mid range j's?
    <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

twas a pity my camera ran out of batt just as the UC game against DBTC was about to start and I had no charger. I have a video on USPF vs CIT however uploaded at www.basketballcebu.com on the neTV section channel CeSAFI. That was a game in the Partners' Cup
    daaaaaannnng! i dont know which is worse, not seeing the kid play or knowing i could have seen him play already had your cam not run out of batt

Coach R should consider including this guy in the NT. He improves a lot and learns fast..

Quote Originally Posted by ramiscar
    Coach R should consider including this guy in the NT. He improves a lot and learns fast..
    ...and lost him in the process? i think agosto go and the rest of UC management will not allow that to happen.
    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

http://www.philstar.com/scripts/arti...id=20080114164

Fajardo, Demape Spark Teams To Victory
    By Gabby G. Malagar

Tuesday, January 15 2008 (www.philstar.com)

Jun Mar Fajardo was unstoppable in the overtime period while former pro Gilbert Demape showed his court savvy all night long during the games of the Reinforced Partners Cup at the Talisay Gym last Sunday.

The 6’7” slotman scored 11 of UC’s 22 points in overtime, including a thunderous slam, in the last 42 seconds to lift UC-Aspac Bank to a 112-101 conquest of DBTC/Unilab-Alaxan.

Demape, on the other hand, scored a quiet 16 points but his leadership proved to be the decisive as CIT-Metro Gaisano closed out a precarious 83-80 victory over USPF-R. Lapid’s Chicharon.

Fajardo, who was held to seven points in the entire first half, suddenly found his rhythm back in the second period and struck hardest in the overtime period. He finished with 34 points, leading all scorers, but most importantly shoved UC to a 5-2 slate.

Games today:
    (Cebu Coliseum)
    4:30 pm UC/Aspac vs. USPF/R. Lapid’s Chicharon
    6 pm USJR/Bibbo Hotdog vs. CIT/Metro Gaisano

(Text removed)

The scores:
    First Game:
    CIT/Metro (83)- Jaca 22, Demape 16, Abobo 11, Montealto 10, Reyes 10, Dela Cerna 8, Molero 2, Cañete 2, Estrada 2

USPF/R. Lapid’s Chicharon (80)- Labares 26, Rogado 14, Nemenzo 14, Bardilas 7, Tabada 6, Sereño 4, Avila 4, Gulane 3, Travero 1 Halftime: 37-31

Second Game:
    UC/Aspac Bank (112)- Fajardo 34, Abellanosa 17, Abella 14, Agas 11, Juliane 10, Abatayo 7, Ortigeusa 7, Ceniza 7, Luceño 2, Flanco 3, Connors 2

DBTC/Unilab-Alaxan (101)- Alferez 23, Delos Santos 23, Enterina 15, Sunga 9, Perturbos 8, Colegado 5, Baring 4, Villaver 3, Apura 3, Oberes 2, Caballero 2
    Halftime: 42-45

Copyright 2007. Philstar Global Corp. All rights reserved. This article cannot be published or redistributed without the permission of the publisher.

Can anybody upload his video in youtube?

fajardo scores 50! (sunstar cebu jan16) they won the game too. he should be included in rp youth team

yup, still talking with the other teams..initially I got UC athletic director's nod but i still have to follow up..Im sorry if I cant get it done immediately as im doin this as a hobby and have real work to attend to(which is actually getting less of my attention)
    it's ok thadz, just take your time. i know it's not easy to do this. if i could just lend a hand to help i will do it. we really appreciate your kindness.

Page 2 of 208 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast