Euroleague 2019/2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euroleague 2019/2020

For the first time there will 18 teams playing round robin format, so far we know 16, after Khimki clinched their spot by reaching Russian finals yesterday

11 A-licensed clubs

CSKA Moscow
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Baskonia
    Fenerbahce
    Anadolu Efes
    Zalgiris Kaunas
    Olimpia Milan
    Panathinaikos
    Olympiacos
    Maccabi Tel Aviv

Eurocup winners

Valencia

2 years B-license

Bayern Munich
    Asvel Lyon-Villeurbane

VTB best team

Khimki Moscow Region

ABA league winners

Crvena Zvezda

Only questions remains - German best team (Alba, Vechta, Oldenburg) and the last one will be wildcard, for which applied Partizan Belgrade, Rytas Vilnius and few more teams, which names are unknown so far, at least to me

how about Cedevita? croatians need to represent, also EL needs new markets... teams like Asseco.

the british are a lost cause. so if the league is expanding it needs to expand in its safe zone. eastern europe or balkans.
    sex, droga i bodiroga.

Comment

Are Sassari committed to playing in FIBA competitions? Because they are deservedly up 2-0 against Milan in the Italian playoffs and look like they would merit a Euroleague spot.

Comment

Originally posted by drskull View Post
        how about Cedevita? croatians need to represent, also EL needs new markets... teams like Asseco.
        On the ABA League: “There are three teams from the ABA League in the EuroCup and this shows how much we admire the league.

But, these teams don’t seem ready to be competitive in the EuroLeague. I think one team in the EuroLeague and three teams in the EuroCup is a balanced plan.”
        That was a quote from Bertomeu couple of weeks ago. Of course he might change his mind easily if some club will show some signs they can be competitive

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
        Are Sassari committed to playing in FIBA competitions? Because they are deservedly up 2-0 against Milan in the Italian playoffs and look like they would merit a Euroleague spot.
        I don't think any other club from Italy is now capable of playing in EL. Low budgets, lack of facilities

Overall, it's kinda obvious that Alba will play in one way or another, but if they'll grab a ticket via BBL, then it's kinda difficult situation to find a proper club with all requirements fulfilled.. Russians has money, but Krasnodar or Kazan is not Moscow, not interesting market, also hard to reach, long travelling. Turkish clubs with hard financial situation, is there any with at least stable one? Probably not. Galatasaray, Besiktas as I've read are facing difficulties. Dacka is not competitive after Dogus left. Rytas has small budget, internal issues and hardly will be competitive next season. Partizan maybe, but do they has sources out of sudden to be on EL level? Or Jordi will change his views on ABA league? Will want 2 teams from Belgrade? It's really hard to find a club for wildcard

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
          Turkish clubs with hard financial situation, is there any with at least stable one? Probably not.
          Galatasaray can not pay the players. Because of that players did not show up for training a few days ago.

Daçka did not even make it to the playoffs.

Banvit kinda sucks since the Brazilians bought the company.

Tofaş would be a good candidate considering the good old glorydays and the city potential. BUT Tofaş, a company team is backed by the same "Family" as Fenerbahçe right now, so I doubt there will be further investments to make them EL ready.
          sex, droga i bodiroga.

Comment

Banvit kinda sucks since the Brazilians bought the company.

Tofaş would be a good candidate considering the good old glorydays and the city potential. BUT Tofaş, a company team is backed by the same "Family" as Fenerbahçe right now, so I doubt there will be further investments to make them EL ready.
            Banvit won't even exist next year. Tofas could be a good name to see on EL, great bball crowd. but they'd be dead last with that budget and that coach, so, maybe not.
            that means no new Turkish teams in the foreseeable future I guess.
            Would be nice to see either of the Lietuvos Rytas or Partizan back.
            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
              Banvit won't even exist next year. Tofas could be a good name to see on EL, great bball crowd. but they'd be dead last with that budget and that coach, so, maybe not.
              that means no new Turkish teams in the foreseeable future I guess.
              Would be nice to see either of the Lietuvos Rytas or Partizan back.
              Banvit Youth and Banvit Kirmizi will continue but we still dont know about the destiny in BSL. Financial crisis means you will go to the domestic player. Maybe youll lose a bit competitiveness for one or two years but its good for the nt anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                Banvit Youth and Banvit Kirmizi will continue but we still dont know about the destiny in BSL. Financial crisis means you will go to the domestic player. Maybe youll lose a bit competitiveness for one or two years but its good for the nt anyway.
                How comes that the crisis is all around but not in Efes or Fener?
                2022/2023:
                PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
                  How comes that the crisis is all around but not in Efes or Fener?
                  Bigger Clubs, bigger fanbase, more than one sponsors.

Comment

how about Cedevita? croatians need to represent
                    They are no more croatians.

Cedevita will merge with Union Olimpija. I don't know yet what will be full name of the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas
                      Only questions remains - German best team (Alba, Vechta, Oldenburg) and the last one will be wildcard, for which applied Partizan Belgrade, Rytas Vilnius and few more teams, which names are unknown so far, at least to me
                      Partizan doesnt had any chances for wild card.We didnt got a license when we 3 consecutive seasons were in qf and f4 .Now,financial situation is worse .

Bigger number of clubs isnt bad ,problematic is number of games , and contracts on few years with clubs which didnt deserved .How could look next season,probably will be drastic difference with some clubs ,like with Efes in this season,or Maccabi which season before winning Euroleague,looked worse than minimum 5 years ago .So,could be next season Maccabi reach f4 for example .

Triangle Cska,Real,Fenerbahce keep the trone ,probably wll win Fenerbahce if win some of them,but could be changes .Maybe,surprisingly Efes maintain coninuity .Barcelona had some base ,with could be concurrent for wining Euroleague ,Panathinaikos with help of some miracle ,finally could be on f4 . About surprise of unestablished clubs in Euroleague,maybe Valencia or Alba can reach quarter final .
                      Last edited by Levenspiel; 06-01-2019, 07:58 PM. Reason: quote box fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Obina View Post
                        They are no more croatians.

Cedevita will merge with Union Olimpija. I don't know yet what will be full name of the club.
                        I need some time to digest this new information

on the brink of EL expansion, every team, league and market seem to collapse lol Jordi will not find 18 teams to compete.
                        sex, droga i bodiroga.

Comment

I need some time to digest this new information

on the brink of EL expansion, every team, league and market seem to collapse lol Jordi will not find 18 teams to compete.
                          Now it's official, new club is born KK Cedevita Olimpija Ljubljana...they will compete in ABA league and Eurocup, playing in Ljubljana
                          Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
                          SG/PG: Walden
                          SG: Loyd
                          SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
                          SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
                          PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
                          PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
                          C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

Comment

Originally posted by Gudura View Post
                            Now it's official, new club is born KK Cedevita Olimpija Ljubljana...they will compete in ABA league and Eurocup, playing in Ljubljana
                            ...and slovenian league.
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                              ...and slovenian league.
                              As I read, they will ask to be exused from playing Slovenian national league
                              Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
                              SG/PG: Walden
                              SG: Loyd
                              SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
                              SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
                              PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
                              PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
                              C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

Comment

Working...
                              X