Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Sports in the Jones cup 2019

South Korea Team A vs Mighty Sports Live:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4hiSPX99kw
    They call me THE HERO.

Mighty Sports up by 2 at the end of the first quarter, 23-21.
    They call me THE HERO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ador Cruzado View Post
    Mighty Sports up by 2 at the end of the first quarter, 23-21.
    Korea with all the key guys except for hur jae son tasked to play pg..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

End of the first half. Mighty Sports up by 13, 51-38
    They call me THE HERO.

7-0 run by South Korea
    They call me THE HERO.

lead down to 2
    They call me THE HERO.

korea with a 3-pointer. korea leads by 1, 59-58
    They call me THE HERO.

Balkman blocked twice by ratliff
    They call me THE HERO.

End of third. Korea up by 6, 66-60.
    They call me THE HERO.

wala ka pla charles eh - Bo Perasol kaso may ra guna ngayon

Mighty sports won 89-82.
    They call me THE HERO.

I wish they can set up a 3-Game Exhibition open to public. This Mighty Sport team vs complete Gilas pool. The first time they met, Blatche was not yet around though the score ended in a tie.
    "THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE LEARNED THE HARDEST WAY"

korea showed beautiful ball movement. however, the collective strength, size and athleticism prevailed for mighty sports. this game shows the blueprints of how koreans can be beaten.

they have a heck of difficulty against a skilled and strong team like mighty. the spark provided by n'diaye is synonymous on how haddadi was feasting with koreans defense.

on the defensive end, koreans execute some but had difficulties on the rest because they were bothered by the size and strength of mighty.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by rkaede View Post
    I wish they can set up a 3-Game Exhibition open to public. This Mighty Sport team vs complete Gilas pool. The first time they met, Blatche was not yet around though the score ended in a tie.
    I think this imports will atke it easy against the crown jewel of their employers..

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    korea showed beautiful ball movement. however, the collective strength, size and athleticism prevailed for mighty sports. this game shows the blueprints of how koreans can be beaten.

they have a heck of difficulty against a skilled and strong team like mighty. the spark provided by n'diaye is synonymous on how haddadi was feasting with koreans defense.

on the defensive end, koreans execute some but had difficulties on the rest because they were bothered by the size and strength of mighty.
    Well shows you paul lee kiefer ravena, castro and terrence cant disrupt a korean guard on passing.. those are weak passes that can be anticipated by a more atletic and better motor player kaso ang hilig natin sa offensive guards..notice how gray and adams werent useful, unfortunately tayo ginagamitan ng koreans ng ganyan because lagi lang tayo naghihintay ng pasa.. tapos magattaka di na shoot yun 3 points nila

Only Parks, Clarkson and Norwood had defensive awareness on this country.. rest nako po.. the physical defense pogoy and lasitter has an expertise di yan uubra now..

in addition, the tall SF Moore was posting up the midget Korean guard in the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    in addition, the tall SF Moore was posting up the midget Korean guard in the 4th.
    But to be fair, for the first time in 4 years in his nt career, the younger son of hur jae show some moves,slick quarterbacking, was the primary reason why his father was kick out of the team

that 43 guy will be a headche,moves well shooys well and a tall 3..

It has become apparent the work this young coach, Charles Tiu has so far shown with Mighty Sports and with some other stops has been no less than stellar, all things considered. I wonder what gives that he has not earned bigger stripes in the eyes of SBP than the other coaches, Josh and Sandy, if one is to consider Gilas affiliations as he easily out-tenures both of these other young coaches as Coach Charles has been with the national team as an assistant with then former Head Coach Rajko Toroman since Gilas 1.

One can easily appreciate how he has prepared this team to achieve cohesion despite having all the limitations, physical, organizational, or otherwise that would typically accompany any team with a Filipino tag. He has whipped this all-star, but ragtag selection to play as one cohesive unit beating one tough team after another of different levels not only with their sheer talent alone, but with teamwork, offensively as well as defensively.

Might not be a bad idea for SBP, not even a stretch, to give this young coach bigger shoes to fill... might as well find out now if he has what it takes for a head coaching call in the not so distant future.
    Last edited by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid; 07-16-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
    It has become apparent the work this young coach, Chris Tiu has so far shown with Mighty Sports and with some other stops has been no less than stellar, all things considered. I wonder what gives that he has not earned bigger stripes in the eyes of SBP than the other coaches, Josh and Sandy, if one is to consider Gilas affiliations as he easily out-tenures both of these other young coaches as Coach Chris has been with the national team as an assistant with then former Head Coach Rajko Toroman since Gilas 1.

One can easily appreciate how he has prepared this team to achieve cohesion despite having all the limitations, physical, organizational, or otherwise that would typically accompany any team with a Filipino tag. He has whipped this all-star, but ragtag selection to play as one cohesive unit beating one tough team after another of different levels not only with their sheer talent alone, but with teamwork, offensively as well as defensively.

Might not be a bad idea for SBP, not even a stretch, to give this young coach bigger shoes to fill... might as well find out now if he has what it takes for a head coaching call in the not so distant future.
    I think it's Charles, not Chris. Time will tell, but for now SBP would be wise to give Alapag a long look.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    I think it's Charles, not Chris. Time will tell, but for now SBP would be wise to give Alapag a long look.
    Yeah, you’re right, it’s Charles Tiu.

Alapag IMO messed it up for me last Alab showing... he wasn’t able to adjust with the loss of Brownlee in able to bag a second title in a row. I saw Alab mostly sleepwalking heading towards the final stages of the tournament, this after a better than decent start... to me, tell-tales of a so-so effort in stewardship.

With his Sacramento Kings summer league assistant coaching stint though— this maybe a make or break scenario for much greater things to come for him... Gilas considerations might fade in the background.
    Last edited by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid; 07-16-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast