No announcement yet.

Mighty Sports in the Jones cup 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mighty Sports won over Chinese Taipei Team A by 23, 97-74.

Champion na. Wongchuking is the MVP.
    They call me THE HERO.

Comment

• Would Michael Williams have the same impact as Stanley Pringle one he gets to the PBA? Curious to see how will he be rated against Munzon, Thirdy, Isaac Go, Adams and Gray in next years draft.

Comment

• Does Mighty Sports’ dominance in the Jones Cup make Gilas’ performance against them in the tuneup more impressive? A Gilas team composed of local players managed to get a draw against a team of 5 good imports plus a few promising fil-ams and veteran players. Don’t get me wrong, I would have preferred getting tune up games against other national teams, but it no longer seems like a waste of a tune up.
        Last edited by Cyclone7; 07-20-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
          Would Michael Williams have the same impact as Stanley Pringle one he gets to the PBA? Curious to see how will he be rated against Munzon, Thirdy, Isaac Go, Adams and Gray in next years draft.
          he has very good three point shot..and body which is very handy to ros phoenix and even meralco teams who have no lead guards
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyclone7 View Post
            Does Mighty Sports’ dominance in the Jones Cup justify make Gilas’ performance against them in the tuneup more impressive? A Gilas team composed of local players managed to get a draw against a team of 5 good imports plus a few promising fil-ams and veteran players. Don’t get me wrong, I would have preferred getting tune up games against other national teams, but it no longer seems like a waste of a tune up.
            hahaha...no comnent

Comment

Does Mighty Sports’ dominance in the Jones Cup justify make Gilas’ performance against them in the tuneup more impressive? A Gilas team composed of local players managed to get a draw against a team of 5 good imports plus a few promising fil-ams and veteran players. Don’t get me wrong, I would have preferred getting tune up games against other national teams, but it no longer seems like a waste of a tune up.
              Current GILAS vs Mighty in a serious game? Who would win? Mighty is a lot more althletic.

Comment

• Defibitely impressive but both teams bareky had practice before the game

Comment

Does Mighty Sports’ dominance in the Jones Cup make Gilas’ performance against them in the tuneup more impressive? A Gilas team composed of local players managed to get a draw against a team of 5 good imports plus a few promising fil-ams and veteran players. Don’t get me wrong, I would have preferred getting tune up games against other national teams, but it no longer seems like a waste of a tune up.
                  We cannot compare this mighty sports team now against when they held a tuneup game with gilas, like coach toroman said, no matter how talented your players, this is nothing if there is no chemistry, during the time of tuneup, players of mighty is not yet blended to each one unlike now, they know and adjusted to each one,

Comment

• So korea lamang kami sa inyo, we made a handicap with the 2019 jones cup champions by not having an overtime anymore because we will beat them.even without import hehehe

Comment

• I got to go see some of these games in Taipei and my American friends joked they should cheer for Mighty Sports because they have the most Americans of anyone in the tournament!

I think the team was invited this year to prove as competition for the teams preparing for the WC. If Gilas played well against them that bodes well. They make a good approximation of a western/European low level world cup team. Good practice for Angola or perhaps even Italy level of competition.
                      We The North

Comment

• Originally posted by locdogjr View Post
                        I got to go see some of these games in Taipei and my American friends joked they should cheer for Mighty Sports because they have the most Americans of anyone in the tournament!

I think the team was invited this year to prove as competition for the teams preparing for the WC. If Gilas played well against them that bodes well. They make a good approximation of a western/European low level world cup team. Good practice for Angola or perhaps even Italy level of competition.
                        Can SBP arranged tuneups with this Mightu Sports team before it will disband...i mean MVP can shoulder the salaryies of the players for 1-2 weeks then market a 3 game series with Gilas.. Mighty can approximate the size,
                        and athleticism of World Cup teams... Anyway, baka mabawi pa ng SBP sa Tickets at TV ads ang gastos sa sweldo ng Mighty Sports players. It will be less compared to going overseass looking for tuneups. Tuneups with Mightu can be a tuneup before the Spain camp...

Comment

• Live stream link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiAy3qSglIE

Mighty Sports vs ROC II
                          They call me THE HERO.

Comment

• Mighty up by just 4.
                            They call me THE HERO.

Comment

• Mighty won over ROC II by 10, 81-71.
                              They call me THE HERO.

Comment

• Lol only a PBA championship is left fo Balkman to conquer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information