Gab Banal
    Michael Williams
    Jason Brickman
    Eugene Phelps
    Renaldo Balkman
    Jeremiah Gray
    Roosevelt Adams
    Thirdy Ravena (?)

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Young guys exposure

this team is lacking with bigs I wonder if they could get AJ Edu in lieu of Kai Sotto and Angelo Kuoame instead of Andray Blatche.Guys like Kobe Paras,Juan Gomez DeLiano and Isaac Go might be a big Help sa well.

I personally think this is what Kobe lacks,being in a very competitive environment. He Will benefit having teammates like Gray and Adams and of course a probable stronger competition. Even younger guys like Juan and Thirdy may learn from Williams and Brickman same goes with Edu and Kuoame.
    Last edited by Alex07; 05-28-2019, 09:25 AM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
      this team is lacking with bigs I wonder if they could get AJ Edu in lieu of Kai Sotto and Angelo Kuoame instead of Andray Blatche.Guys like Kobe Paras,Juan Gomez DeLiano and Isaac Go might be a big Help sa well.

what happened with the blatche talks ?

Comment

They must add Kobe definitely. He needs exposure and more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by sondo1968 View Post
          No idea.News says they “tried” to get him and Kai but Kai was too busy and Will be back in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by sondo1968 View Post
            MS(Mighty sports) doesn't want to disrupt Gilas plans..
            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

MIGHTY SPORTS will once again get the chance to represent the Philippines in the coming 41st William Jones Cup this July 11 to 21 in Chinese-Taipei. The squad took home the championship in the prestigious annual tournament in their first attempt in 2016 wherein they swept all their eight games by an average margin of 17.4 points. READ MORE
              Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
              Servinio's Blog of Sports
              Servinio's Official YouTube channel
              Servinio's Official TWITTER account
              Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

I've heard of a rumor that the organizers don't want SBP to send a college team (which is fine since Mighty Sports is the rep). How true is this?

Comment

True or not we dont care, as we werent sending a national team in this tourney again... Quite ironic that taowan was very excited ti
                  orm a 2023 pool which will debut in the jones cup..

We are a bsketbll nation we have egos (sea supremacy et. al) Taiwan Basketball has egos to..

But really dissapointed we cannot send Gilas in this..
                  To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                  1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
                    True or not we dont care, as we werent sending a national team in this tourney again... Quite ironic that taowan was very excited ti

We are a bsketbll nation we have egos (sea supremacy et. al) Taiwan Basketball has egos to..
                    Personally would be more interested if SBP sent Gilas (senior OR cadets), to check on progress/chemistry, or the collegiate team, just to see how far Filipino amateurs can go (heck, I'm an Ateneo fan, but I'd watch the heck out of DLSU duking it out in the Jones Cup).

Comment

Originally posted by paulrenzo View Post
                      Personally would be more interested if SBP sent Gilas (senior OR cadets), to check on progress/chemistry, or the collegiate team, just to see how far Filipino amateurs can go (heck, I'm an Ateneo fan, but I'd watch the heck out of DLSU duking it out in the Jones Cup).
                      i dont care if ateneo thrash taiwan, or la salle or even Bo Perasol outcoach Charlie Parker...but it would be fantastic if somehow sbp for once revived the 23 for 23 shit in this jones cup and not use the universities and mighty sports as coverup for sbp shortcomings
                      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

i dont care if ateneo thrash taiwan, or la salle or even Bo Perasol outcoach Charlie Parker...but it would be fantastic if somehow sbp for once revived the 23 for 23 shit in this jones cup and not use the universities and mighty sports as coverup for sbp shortcomings
                        That is also what I want. The Gilas cadets plus a big American import (at least 6-foot-10) plus Roosevelt Adams.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

This is my proposed lineup (Dubai and Jones cup lineup comparison): A combination of mighty sports players and amateur players.

Lamar Odom F/C 6'10 > Renaldo Balkman 6'8 F/C - a better contributor than a washed out Odom. Should provide very good numbers and leadership on the floor.

Justin Brownlee PF 6'7 > Eugene Phelps 6'6 SF - hopefully he could deliver the same numbers as what Brownlee could provide

Randolph Morris C 6'11 > Angelo Kuoame 7'' C - a steady low post threat, should be a very good post defender and blocker.A good substitute to Kai Sotto.

Jett Manuel G 6'1 > Aaron Black 6'2 SG - ?

Gabriel Banal G/F 6'3 > retained

Jeremiah Gray G/F 6'5 > retained - athletic shooter that can be an asset on defense

Roosevelt Adams G/F 6'5 > retained - another tall shooter might not be as athletic as Gray but has better defense

Joseph Yeo SG 6'' > retained

Juan Gomez de Liaño PG 6'1 > retained - may need to be more consistent and be efficient

Leonard Santillan F/C 6'5 > Isaac Go 6'8 F/C - big man with a three point range. should be a big help on defense and rebounding

Justin Gutang SG 6'3 > Thirdy Ravena 6'3 SG - youth and athleticism. Should be the energy guy of the team.

Troy Rike F/C 6'7 > AJ Edu 6'11 F/C *will he be allowed by the NCAA to play for a semi pro team? should provide consistent numbers in rebounds and blocks.Might not be as good as Blatche at least not yet.

Caesar Wongchuking Jr. G 5'11 > Michael Williams 6'2 G - i'm expecting he is a Chris Ross type of scoring point guard

Jason Brickman Guard G 6'' > retained -should at least average 10 assists per game.

Possible Starting Lineup: Balkman 6'8 , Phelps 6'6 , Gray 6'5 , Ravena 6'3 , Brickman 6''
                          Tall Lineup : Kuoame 7'', Edu 6'11, Phelps 6'6 , Adams 6'5 , Williams 6'2
                          Last edited by Alex07; 05-30-2019, 02:16 PM.

Comment

But really dissapointed we cannot send Gilas in this..
                            The problem in our gilas cadet 23 is never assembled since last year fil-oil tournament, in fact in that stint, they won only 1 game when kai played, they have no chemistry, most of them are college players and they have the talent but for sure, because they are young, they cannot easily adjust and cope with their teammate, Baka tapos na ang tourney, Hindi pa sila nagkakaamuyan,

Comment

talking about the cadets,I wonder if Eli’s brother can be invited by MS sa well or even play in the SEA games.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information