Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Mighty Sports in the Jones cup 2019

Happy for this team. Champion na to.

Mighty Sports won over Chinese Taipei Team A by 23, 97-74.

Champion na. Wongchuking is the MVP.
    They call me THE HERO.

Would Michael Williams have the same impact as Stanley Pringle one he gets to the PBA? Curious to see how will he be rated against Munzon, Thirdy, Isaac Go, Adams and Gray in next years draft.

Does Mighty Sports’ dominance in the Jones Cup make Gilas’ performance against them in the tuneup more impressive? A Gilas team composed of local players managed to get a draw against a team of 5 good imports plus a few promising fil-ams and veteran players. Don’t get me wrong, I would have preferred getting tune up games against other national teams, but it no longer seems like a waste of a tune up.
    Last edited by Cyclone7; 07-20-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    Would Michael Williams have the same impact as Stanley Pringle one he gets to the PBA? Curious to see how will he be rated against Munzon, Thirdy, Isaac Go, Adams and Gray in next years draft.
    he has very good three point shot..and body which is very handy to ros phoenix and even meralco teams who have no lead guards
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone7 View Post
    Does Mighty Sports’ dominance in the Jones Cup justify make Gilas’ performance against them in the tuneup more impressive? A Gilas team composed of local players managed to get a draw against a team of 5 good imports plus a few promising fil-ams and veteran players. Don’t get me wrong, I would have preferred getting tune up games against other national teams, but it no longer seems like a waste of a tune up.
    hahaha...no comnent

Arrow

Does Mighty Sports’ dominance in the Jones Cup justify make Gilas’ performance against them in the tuneup more impressive? A Gilas team composed of local players managed to get a draw against a team of 5 good imports plus a few promising fil-ams and veteran players. Don’t get me wrong, I would have preferred getting tune up games against other national teams, but it no longer seems like a waste of a tune up.
    Current GILAS vs Mighty in a serious game? Who would win? Mighty is a lot more althletic.

Defibitely impressive but both teams bareky had practice before the game

Does Mighty Sports’ dominance in the Jones Cup make Gilas’ performance against them in the tuneup more impressive? A Gilas team composed of local players managed to get a draw against a team of 5 good imports plus a few promising fil-ams and veteran players. Don’t get me wrong, I would have preferred getting tune up games against other national teams, but it no longer seems like a waste of a tune up.
    We cannot compare this mighty sports team now against when they held a tuneup game with gilas, like coach toroman said, no matter how talented your players, this is nothing if there is no chemistry, during the time of tuneup, players of mighty is not yet blended to each one unlike now, they know and adjusted to each one,

So korea lamang kami sa inyo, we made a handicap with the 2019 jones cup champions by not having an overtime anymore because we will beat them.even without import hehehe

I got to go see some of these games in Taipei and my American friends joked they should cheer for Mighty Sports because they have the most Americans of anyone in the tournament!

I think the team was invited this year to prove as competition for the teams preparing for the WC. If Gilas played well against them that bodes well. They make a good approximation of a western/European low level world cup team. Good practice for Angola or perhaps even Italy level of competition.
    We The North

Quote Originally Posted by locdogjr View Post
    I got to go see some of these games in Taipei and my American friends joked they should cheer for Mighty Sports because they have the most Americans of anyone in the tournament!

I think the team was invited this year to prove as competition for the teams preparing for the WC. If Gilas played well against them that bodes well. They make a good approximation of a western/European low level world cup team. Good practice for Angola or perhaps even Italy level of competition.
    Can SBP arranged tuneups with this Mightu Sports team before it will disband...i mean MVP can shoulder the salaryies of the players for 1-2 weeks then market a 3 game series with Gilas.. Mighty can approximate the size,
    and athleticism of World Cup teams... Anyway, baka mabawi pa ng SBP sa Tickets at TV ads ang gastos sa sweldo ng Mighty Sports players. It will be less compared to going overseass looking for tuneups. Tuneups with Mightu can be a tuneup before the Spain camp...

Live stream link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiAy3qSglIE

Mighty Sports vs ROC II
    They call me THE HERO.

Mighty up by just 4.
    They call me THE HERO.

Mighty won over ROC II by 10, 81-71.
    They call me THE HERO.

Lol only a PBA championship is left fo Balkman to conquer

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Current GILAS vs Mighty in a serious game? Who would win? Mighty is a lot more althletic.
    I still think its 50-50. Remember, Blatche wasn't with Gilas when Gilas settled for a draw vs. Mighty Sports in a tune-up. Yes, I agree, we really can't gauge Mighty's real strength during its tune-up with Gilas because Mighty only had a very few practices as a team prior to the tune-up game.

We also have to take note that Mighty was improving day after day or game after game during the duration of Jones Cup as the players developed chemistry & cohesion in each passing day.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Is that you Samad Nikkah Bahrami?

Just kidding bro. But yeah, you got a good point there
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Can SBP arranged tuneups with this Mightu Sports team before it will disband...i mean MVP can shoulder the salaryies of the players for 1-2 weeks then market a 3 game series with Gilas.. Mighty can approximate the size,
    and athleticism of World Cup teams... Anyway, baka mabawi pa ng SBP sa Tickets at TV ads ang gastos sa sweldo ng Mighty Sports players. It will be less compared to going overseass looking for tuneups. Tuneups with Mightu can be a tuneup before the Spain camp...
    Agree. A 2-game tune-up games with Mighty Sports will be good for Gilas before going to Spain

^
    Bottom line is one needs to actually watch that practice game to use as any guage, we don't even know if Charles was using his locals with equal playing time as his main imports, and if the run to close the gap was with local Mighty players. It really isn't suprising if Charles used all his players equally after all it's a practice game to prepare for the Jones cup for him.

But still of course practice games are better than nothing , and fact that there are some imports who played ( however we don't know when or how long) is always helpful
    Last edited by analyzed; 07-22-2019 at 02:24 AM.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast