Anadolu Efes 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I don't know if we could finish the 4th, but we were 4th before Larkin woke up. Barca RS win was big, indeed, but it was after his awakening. From that point on, there was no stopping him.

btw, i see this weird "he only played 3 month" argument, and I'm not sure what they want to say by that. So what?
    He played the whole season. With ups and downs but always was factor x for Efes. You will see in upcoming season how big his role was, in any case if he stays or go.

Comment

I don't know if we could finish the 4th, but we were 4th before Larkin woke up. Barca RS win was big, indeed, but it was after his awakening. From that point on, there was no stopping him.

btw, i see this weird "he only played 3 month" argument, and I'm not sure what they want to say by that. So what?
      As far as I remember, if Barça won that game they were going to take the 4th seat, and then Efes had Baskona away and Maccabi away games, very tough two games and Efes won those with the help of Larkin. He was surely a factor in the regular season too, bad or good.

Also don't think it as only on paper. Larkin's existance motivated Micic to play better, since he knew he need to play much better if he want to steal minutes from Larkin, without a player like Larkin, perhaps Micic will not be motivated like he was in the last year. Since his position on the team and his minutes will be safe.
      FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

İsmail Şenol believes Larkin is one of the top 60 guards in the world, and he think its weird for him to not find the contract he wanted in nba.

While I say Larkin's abilities only works if;
        A- plays with a creative PG like micic
        B- Only in a team like Efes, a team that relies on guard performances to win

I think that's why Larkin didn't get the NBA contract he wanted, he wanted to be the no.2 of an nba team and he wanted at least 15 min guarantee to play, and no NBA team gave him that, and no top EL team like CSKA or Barça offered a contract to him. I think that's because of that two reasons I've mentioned above, Larkin can't give that top performances without those elements, for example he wouldn't be that good in our team or CSKA or in any NBA team. But for Efes, he is almost irreplaceable. Don't get me wrong, I think he is one of the best guards in the world too (not 60, but close to that), but that's only because he is playing with Efes, and we know we could still beat Efes if we had the full healthy roster in F4 and TBL Finals. Or if melli scored that last second easy open shot in game 2, it was going to be 0-2 not 1-1 before playing in Ülker Arena and we could still beat Efes & Larkin even with so many injuries in our roster.
        FENERBAHÇE
        --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
        --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

About Larkin, it is not Barca or CSKA didn't want him, he was committed to Efes, if he doesn't sign with a NBA team.
          Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
            https://twitter.com/ismailsenol/stat...95734435078144

İsmail Şenol believes Larkin is one of the top 60 guards in the world, and he think its weird for him to not find the contract he wanted in nba.

While I say Larkin's abilities only works if;
            A- plays with a creative PG like micic
            B- Only in a team like Efes, a team that relies on guard performances to win
            Ismail Senol is being a bit flattery, yes, but the comments below that tweet is... I don't know, i wish him lots of patience .

I think that's why Larkin didn't get the NBA contract he wanted, he wanted to be the no.2 of an nba team and he wanted at least 15 min guarantee to play, and no NBA team gave him that, and no top EL team like CSKA or Barça offered a contract to him. I think that's because of that two reasons I've mentioned above, Larkin can't give that top performances without those elements, for example he wouldn't be that good in our team or CSKA or in any NBA team. But for Efes, he is almost irreplaceable. Don't get me wrong, I think he is one of the best guards in the world too (not 60, but close to that), but that's only because he is playing with Efes, and we know we could still beat Efes if we had the full healthy roster in F4 and TBL Finals. Or if melli scored that last second easy open shot in game 2, it was going to be 0-2 not 1-1 before playing in Ülker Arena and we could still beat Efes & Larkin even with so many injuries in our roster.
            Larkin could find a contract in the NBA, but not the one he wanted. there is a difference here. I think he'd be good in any team in the EL, where the guards are even more crucial. the story is that he stuck to his promise, and stayed with Efes, despite other offers, probably with a nicer contract.

https://twitter.com/ismailsenol/stat...95734435078144
            ... and we know we could still beat Efes if we had the full healthy roster in F4 and TBL Finals. Or if melli scored that last
            second easy open shot in game 2, it was going to be 0-2 not 1-1 before playing in Ülker Arena and we could still beat Efes & Larkin even with so many injuries in our roster.
            that is lots of ifs, Tevfik. remember, Efes beat Fener with full squad, too. and Efes beat Fener 8 times last year in total.
            of course the injuries hurt Fener. They were the favorites, and would probably get the title, but I've seen people saying the final would be 4-0... sure.

Fener's roster is better this year, we're more or less the same, but glued more. I'm excited to watch the domestic competition.
            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Ismail Senol is being a bit flattery, yes, but the comments below that tweet is... I don't know, i wish him lots of patience .

Larkin could find a contract in the NBA, but not the one he wanted. there is a difference here. I think he'd be good in any team in the EL, where the guards are even more crucial. the story is that he stuck to his promise, and stayed with Efes, despite other offers, probably with a nicer contract.

that is lots of ifs, Tevfik. remember, Efes beat Fener with full squad, too. and Efes beat Fener 8 times last year in total.
              of course the injuries hurt Fener. They were the favorites, and would probably get the title, but I've seen people saying the final would be 4-0... sure.

Fener's roster is better this year, we're more or less the same, but glued more. I'm excited to watch the domestic competition.
              Yeah, which is why I said he wanted to be the no.2 of an nba team, he wasn't just searching an ordinary contract like the one that Udoh got, but still didn't find any offer that suitable to himself. And İsmail believes he should've still found a no.2 seat in an nba team, I disagree with that.

Larkin can't hustle with the NBA's small forwards at defense in a transition game, or even some guards with big size which some nba team has, also as I said, playing with micic helped him a lot at offense, he doesn't need to behave like PG thanks to micic, not every team has that and not every team wants Larkin as a number 1 scoring option on the floor, it's only natural that they didn't want him even as no.2 guard in any nba team, but he could always get a contract like Wanamaker got, that's easy for him.

Of course it wouldn't be 4-0, but at least we would win 4-1 or 4-2. As Itoudis said, we were the best team in 2019 EL, losing our mvp Vesely, and then his replacement Lauvergne at the same time is a crazy thing. Imagine losing Dunston first, and then Pleiss at the same time, only play with Sertaç in the whole series. And then we lost Datome, he was one of the 3 individual players that can score outside of our system. As Obra said, he never faced with such a ridiculous bad luck injuries on his coaching career before. We still manage to play game 7 against Efes, and we could still win in that bad condition, as far as I see that's not bad at all, that team still deserves credit for playing that well against a F4 team like Efes.
              FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Adrien moerman is out for 14 weeks.
                FENERBAHÇE

Comment

the most up-to-date roster
                  the bold ones will make up the are the EL roster (probably)

Larkin - Micic - Balbay - Ilyasoglu
                  Beaubois - Tuncer - Kurtuldum
                  Simon - Anderson - Gecim
                  Moerman - Singleton - Peters - Saybir
                  Dunston - Pleiss - Sanli

Out: Motum, Bitim, Birsen

Comment

Singleton after Motum is an important difference. Especially in terms of money How much are they going pay to Singleton? I am guessing it's at least 2.5 million.

I guess this also because Moerman will miss the summer preparation and the first 2 and 3 EL games due to his injury, and he may not return fully until the end of the first half of EL season.

This also means Efes increased their budget even more after the last season's increase.
                    FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Singleton after Motum is an important difference. Especially in terms of money How much are they going pay to Singleton? I am guessing it's at least 2.5 million.

I guess this also because Moerman will miss the summer preparation and the first 2 and 3 EL games due to his injury, and he may not return fully until the end of the first half of EL season.

This also means Efes increased their budget even more after the last season's increase.
                      What kind of an idiot would pay him so much money?

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                        What kind of an idiot would pay him so much money?
                        Barça did

I honestly don't know why would Singleton stay in Europe for a less money and not go to China.
                        FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Beşiktaş Belediye Başkan Yardımcısı Hasan Bozkurter'in daveti ?zerine bug?n Bebek Otel'e giden Ataman, otel y?netimi tarafından i?eri alınmadı.

LOL. Ergin ataman hate is real.
                          FENERBAHÇE

Comment

A nice piece on Sertac Sanli, by Kuzey KILIÇ on tr.eurosport.com.
                            Euroleague normal sezonunda yolu yarılarken temsilcilerimizden Anadolu Efes, aldığı 17 galibiyet ve ?? mağlubiyetle en yakın rakibinin iki galibiyet ?n?nde lide

main take: Sanli has been working hard. He found the minutes only due to injuries, but his emergence is not a fluke.

Comment

You can see why Efes' success mainly belongs to Larkin, not to Ataman.

They lose to a mediocre team in BSL, when Larkin wasn't playing.

FENERBAHÇE

Comment

You can see why Efes' success mainly belongs to Larkin, not to Ataman.

They lose to a mediocre team in BSL, when Larkin wasn't playing.
                                well, this is jumping to conclusion based on a meaningless game where other players were also rested. Of course Larkin is a big factor, but he is not the only one. As I kept saying last year, Efes was the 4th in EL before Larkin decided to play. He was/is the cherry on top.

Ataman deserves credit even if you don't like him, the guy is doing pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information