Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Anadolu Efes 2019-20

  1. #61
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I don't know if we could finish the 4th, but we were 4th before Larkin woke up. Barca RS win was big, indeed, but it was after his awakening. From that point on, there was no stopping him.

    btw, i see this weird "he only played 3 month" argument, and I'm not sure what they want to say by that. So what?
    He played the whole season. With ups and downs but always was factor x for Efes. You will see in upcoming season how big his role was, in any case if he stays or go.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,161
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I don't know if we could finish the 4th, but we were 4th before Larkin woke up. Barca RS win was big, indeed, but it was after his awakening. From that point on, there was no stopping him.

    btw, i see this weird "he only played 3 month" argument, and I'm not sure what they want to say by that. So what?
    As far as I remember, if Barça won that game they were going to take the 4th seat, and then Efes had Baskona away and Maccabi away games, very tough two games and Efes won those with the help of Larkin. He was surely a factor in the regular season too, bad or good.

    Also don't think it as only on paper. Larkin's existance motivated Micic to play better, since he knew he need to play much better if he want to steal minutes from Larkin, without a player like Larkin, perhaps Micic will not be motivated like he was in the last year. Since his position on the team and his minutes will be safe.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

  3. #63
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,161
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    https://twitter.com/ismailsenol/stat...95734435078144

    İsmail Şenol believes Larkin is one of the top 60 guards in the world, and he think its weird for him to not find the contract he wanted in nba.

    While I say Larkin's abilities only works if;
    A- plays with a creative PG like micic
    B- Only in a team like Efes, a team that relies on guard performances to win

    I think that's why Larkin didn't get the NBA contract he wanted, he wanted to be the no.2 of an nba team and he wanted at least 15 min guarantee to play, and no NBA team gave him that, and no top EL team like CSKA or Barça offered a contract to him. I think that's because of that two reasons I've mentioned above, Larkin can't give that top performances without those elements, for example he wouldn't be that good in our team or CSKA or in any NBA team. But for Efes, he is almost irreplaceable. Don't get me wrong, I think he is one of the best guards in the world too (not 60, but close to that), but that's only because he is playing with Efes, and we know we could still beat Efes if we had the full healthy roster in F4 and TBL Finals. Or if melli scored that last second easy open shot in game 2, it was going to be 0-2 not 1-1 before playing in Ülker Arena and we could still beat Efes & Larkin even with so many injuries in our roster.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

  4. #64
    Senior Member Efesdxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Baku / Azerbaijan
    Posts
    1,118
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    About Larkin, it is not Barca or CSKA didn't want him, he was committed to Efes, if he doesn't sign with a NBA team.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

  5. #65
    Efes fan Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    7,192
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ismailsenol/stat...95734435078144

    İsmail Şenol believes Larkin is one of the top 60 guards in the world, and he think its weird for him to not find the contract he wanted in nba.

    While I say Larkin's abilities only works if;
    A- plays with a creative PG like micic
    B- Only in a team like Efes, a team that relies on guard performances to win
    Ismail Senol is being a bit flattery, yes, but the comments below that tweet is... I don't know, i wish him lots of patience .

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    I think that's why Larkin didn't get the NBA contract he wanted, he wanted to be the no.2 of an nba team and he wanted at least 15 min guarantee to play, and no NBA team gave him that, and no top EL team like CSKA or Barça offered a contract to him. I think that's because of that two reasons I've mentioned above, Larkin can't give that top performances without those elements, for example he wouldn't be that good in our team or CSKA or in any NBA team. But for Efes, he is almost irreplaceable. Don't get me wrong, I think he is one of the best guards in the world too (not 60, but close to that), but that's only because he is playing with Efes, and we know we could still beat Efes if we had the full healthy roster in F4 and TBL Finals. Or if melli scored that last second easy open shot in game 2, it was going to be 0-2 not 1-1 before playing in Ülker Arena and we could still beat Efes & Larkin even with so many injuries in our roster.
    Larkin could find a contract in the NBA, but not the one he wanted. there is a difference here. I think he'd be good in any team in the EL, where the guards are even more crucial. the story is that he stuck to his promise, and stayed with Efes, despite other offers, probably with a nicer contract.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ismailsenol/stat...95734435078144
    ... and we know we could still beat Efes if we had the full healthy roster in F4 and TBL Finals. Or if melli scored that last
    second easy open shot in game 2, it was going to be 0-2 not 1-1 before playing in Ülker Arena and we could still beat Efes & Larkin even with so many injuries in our roster.
    that is lots of ifs, Tevfik. remember, Efes beat Fener with full squad, too. and Efes beat Fener 8 times last year in total.
    of course the injuries hurt Fener. They were the favorites, and would probably get the title, but I've seen people saying the final would be 4-0... sure.

    Fener's roster is better this year, we're more or less the same, but glued more. I'm excited to watch the domestic competition.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,161
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Ismail Senol is being a bit flattery, yes, but the comments below that tweet is... I don't know, i wish him lots of patience .


    Larkin could find a contract in the NBA, but not the one he wanted. there is a difference here. I think he'd be good in any team in the EL, where the guards are even more crucial. the story is that he stuck to his promise, and stayed with Efes, despite other offers, probably with a nicer contract.


    that is lots of ifs, Tevfik. remember, Efes beat Fener with full squad, too. and Efes beat Fener 8 times last year in total.
    of course the injuries hurt Fener. They were the favorites, and would probably get the title, but I've seen people saying the final would be 4-0... sure.

    Fener's roster is better this year, we're more or less the same, but glued more. I'm excited to watch the domestic competition.
    Yeah, which is why I said he wanted to be the no.2 of an nba team, he wasn't just searching an ordinary contract like the one that Udoh got, but still didn't find any offer that suitable to himself. And İsmail believes he should've still found a no.2 seat in an nba team, I disagree with that.

    Larkin can't hustle with the NBA's small forwards at defense in a transition game, or even some guards with big size which some nba team has, also as I said, playing with micic helped him a lot at offense, he doesn't need to behave like PG thanks to micic, not every team has that and not every team wants Larkin as a number 1 scoring option on the floor, it's only natural that they didn't want him even as no.2 guard in any nba team, but he could always get a contract like Wanamaker got, that's easy for him.

    Of course it wouldn't be 4-0, but at least we would win 4-1 or 4-2. As Itoudis said, we were the best team in 2019 EL, losing our mvp Vesely, and then his replacement Lauvergne at the same time is a crazy thing. Imagine losing Dunston first, and then Pleiss at the same time, only play with Sertaç in the whole series. And then we lost Datome, he was one of the 3 individual players that can score outside of our system. As Obra said, he never faced with such a ridiculous bad luck injuries on his coaching career before. We still manage to play game 7 against Efes, and we could still win in that bad condition, as far as I see that's not bad at all, that team still deserves credit for playing that well against a F4 team like Efes.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

  7. #67
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,161
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    http://tr.beinsports.com/haber/moerman-ameliyat-oldu

    Adrien moerman is out for 14 weeks.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •