Anadolu Efes 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
    Belated congrats on the league title win everyone. I thought Ataman might have gone a bit wilder with his celebrations but from what I saw he seemed quite restrained.
    Thanks.
    Yeah, he spent the entire 7th game on sitting the bench, except for timeouts, with a grim face.
    people interpreted it as him being upset with Efes management, who had supposedly gave him some hard time on his comments. He also said later "the management left him alone".
    the other interpretation is that it was simply a show of confidence.
    my guess is the former.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
      I don't understand why Efes doesn't try to keep Larkin with money. They wasted all budget if he leaves the team. Smarter move would be to spend 1-2 milion more for keeping him.
      As mindozas said, you can't buy everyone. Players sometimes choose their home country over money, especially playing nba is special for usa players (even for foreign players now) and we should know that very well from Ekpe Udoh, who chose to play in NBA for a less money than we gave him.
      FENERBAHÇE
      --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
      --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
      --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
      --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Larkin's priority is not money. He is looking for a spot to be 2nd PG in a NBA team or he will come back to Efes as the leader.
        We will wait and see.
        Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Efes finally got rid of Onuralp Bitim.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
            Efes finally got rid of Onuralp Bitim.

https://twitter.com/AnadoluEfesSK/st...67202822115328
            Good news for Efes, and maybe for both sides.
            somebody fix that guy, what a wasted talent he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
              You can't buy everything. If Larkin has a dream of NBA comeback - he will try to get a shot there what so ever
              With money can't buy love, but could help
              We talk here about players who are goods on the market. They play for maney not for love isn't it? If I offer to my player more money to stay but he would like to go for less money that's ok, I did the best to keep him. But current salary of Larkin is less then he will get in NBA or even in Barca or Real, considering last transfers and huge money they spent on players. In such situation it's not just love but money plays big role too.

Comment

With money can't buy love, but could help
                We talk here about players who are goods on the market. They play for maney not for love isn't it? If I offer to my player more money to stay but he would like to go for less money that's ok, I did the best to keep him. But current salary of Larkin is less then he will get in NBA or even in Barca or Real, considering last transfers and huge money they spent on players. In such situation it's not just love but money plays big role too.
                Everyone has own priorities (goals) and values. If you can buy one player with a bit more money, it doesn't mean that you can buy everyone. Efes new deal is really reasonable, if I recall correctly, it's at least 2,5mln, Larkin would be one of the best paid players in Europe, but if he is chasing NBA, and doesn't accept the deal right away, it doesn't mean that you need to go crazy and offer much more. NBA is kind of thing that USA players might take as priority over big money any day and you can't do much about it, just you must know your limits. I'm sure Efes and Larkin had a conversation and Efes are well aware that Larkin still will try his luck in NBA market, so with bigger offer you can only lose at the end

Comment

Everyone has own priorities (goals) and values. If you can buy one player with a bit more money, it doesn't mean that you can buy everyone. Efes new deal is really reasonable, if I recall correctly, it's at least 2,5mln, Larkin would be one of the best paid players in Europe, but if he is chasing NBA, and doesn't accept the deal right away, it doesn't mean that you need to go crazy and offer much more. NBA is kind of thing that USA players might take as priority over big money any day and you can't do much about it, just you must know your limits. I'm sure Efes and Larkin had a conversation and Efes are well aware that Larkin still will try his luck in NBA market, so with bigger offer you can only lose at the end
                  Considering nowadays contracts in Spain he is worth at least 3 milions. I thought he was payed around 1,7 milion last season.

I couldn't say you are not right about desire of Americans to play NBA, it's so obvious, just saying that offer have to be fair and equal to player quality and importance for the team. Bigger offer to Larkin isn't wasted money for Efes imo. Paying to Brown for not playing the whole season or paying to Savas milion just to sit on the bench, paying of Antic salary while he played for Zvezda etc is wasting money

Comment

Considering nowadays contracts in Spain he is worth at least 3 milions. I thought he was payed around 1,7 milion last season.

I couldn't say you are not right about desire of Americans to play NBA, it's so obvious, just saying that offer have to be fair and equal to player quality and importance for the team. Bigger offer to Larkin isn't wasted money for Efes imo. Paying to Brown for not playing the whole season or paying to Savas milion just to sit on the bench, paying of Antic salary while he played for Zvezda etc is wasting money
                    I don't think Spain pays more than before, just numbers might confuse as at some sites they are before taxes. But none of the players signed/re-signed this summer will earn more than 2mln. Maybe there could be 3mln for Larkin, but would these +500k change smth? I don't think so

Comment

I don't think Spain pays more than before, just numbers might confuse as at some sites they are before taxes. But none of the players signed/re-signed this summer will earn more than 2mln. Maybe there could be 3mln for Larkin, but would these +500k change smth? I don't think so
                      I think Fener should offer him 3 milions and he won't need to move from Istanbul

Comment

considering Larkin is almost certainly gone, and looking at the signings, it seems Efes decided to take it easy this season. They kept saying the budget is going to be the same, which essentially means it's reduced compared to last year due to salary increases in extensions.

the roster with confirmed names:

Micic - xxx - Balbay - Ilyasoglu
                        Beaubois - xxx - xxx
                        Simon - Anderson - Gecim
                        Moerman - Peters - Saybir
                        Dunston - Pleiss - Sanli

Out: Motum, Bitim
                        unknown: Larkin - Tuncer - Birsen - Kurtuldum

The good thing is this team displayed the most beautiful bball in the EL last year. In the end, however, this is a Top-8 contender roster, hoping for an upset in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                          considering Larkin is almost certainly gone, and looking at the signings, it seems Efes decided to take it easy this season. They kept saying the budget is going to be the same, which essentially means it's reduced compared to last year due to salary increases in extensions.

Beaubois - xxx - xxx
                          Simon - Anderson - Gecim
                          Dunston - Pleiss - Sanli

The good thing is this team displayed the most beautiful bball in the EL last year. In the end, however, this is a Top-8 contender roster, hoping for an upset in the playoffs.
                          Why?

I think it's obvious that if he wanted to go NBA he would, but he doesn't want that, he want to be the no.2 guard of an NBA team, as far as I see that's a hard chance for him to get that.
                          FENERBAHÇE
                          --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                          --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                          --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                          --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Beaubois - xxx - xxx
                            Simon - Anderson - Gecim
                            Dunston - Pleiss - Sanli

With Larkin F4 contender(not title this time because Fener, Barca and Real will be stronger then last season).
                            Without Larkin I don't think Efes could reach QF. Secret of Efes success was his leadership and that made all players look better then they realy are. Even in his bad nights or in first half of season.

If he go to NBA that's somewhere logical move from 26 old great American player. But if CSKA or some other EL team take him that is big shame for Efes management.

Comment

Beaubois - xxx - xxx
                              Simon - Anderson - Gecim
                              Dunston - Pleiss - Sanli

Tuncer and Birsen are in.
                              Larkin probably won't find a contract that he wanted.
                              When you check only Portland and Philadelphia remained possible teams that might ask for Larkin.
                              Let's wait and see.
                              Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Most people are underrating Alec Peters move by Efes but I think he's a perfect player for Ataman's system. Last season everyone criticized Moerman's signing but look how it turned out. I am also optimistic with Pleiss' stay unlike the rest of the fans. Only thing I am not happy about is Anderson.
                                Maybe if we can sign Furkan Korkmaz, that will make a difference, also it will close the roster. (If Larkin stays of course. If not we will need a guard).
                                la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information