Anadolu Efes 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
    As the season is over and we are the champs, I would like to share my wish list for next season:

PG: Vasilije Micic, Shane Larkin, Dogus Balbay, Omercan Ilyasoglu
    SG: Furkan Korkmaz - Terence Mann (LA Clipers drafted) - Bugrahan Tuncer
    SF: Krunoslav Simon - Vladimir Lucic - Tolga Gecim - Metecan Birsen
    PF: Adrien Moerman - Aaron White - Yigitcan Saybir
    C: Bryant Dunston - Jordan Mickey or Jalen Reynolds - Sertac Sanli

On Loan: Mustafa Kurtuldum - Onuralp Bitim - Muhaymin Mustafa (if Furkan Korkmaz comes, I would prefer Omercan Ilyasoglu go out on loan as well)

Leaving: Beaubois, Anderson, Motum, Pleiss

Someone might say do we need this much of change after a successful season. However this will allow us build a long term team with additions like Mann, White and center as they will be all below 27 years.
    If I ignore Furk in that whish list the best turk is the third option? Its not really efeslike.

Comment

What new in O'brient area?
      2022/2023:
      PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
      SG: Baldwin, Hollins
      SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
      PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
      PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
        What new in O'brient area?
        I know that coach Ataman likes him as he can play both forward options. Personally i don't like him that much, I see a bit of Derrick Brown in his character.
        But definitely you know O'Bryant better than me.
        I prefer more players like White, Lucic, who are coachable and upside and bottom limits are close.
        Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Unfortunately when we talk about EL and if we target F4 if you don't have Ersan and Cedi on your roster, this is the best you can get.
          For EL roster it is 9 foreigners plus Dogus, Furkan and Tolga for me.
          Omercan and Yigitcan might be first or second options if they show expected developments.
          Then we will have our own Micic and Moerman.

Comment

I know that coach Ataman likes him as he can play both forward options. Personally i don't like him that much, I see a bit of Derrick Brown in his character.
            I prefer more players like White, Lucic, who are coachable and upside and bottom limits are close.
            MTA are waiting to his decition. Accorsing to that, Maccabi will sign one more C or PF and IL Center like Amara or renew with Tyus
            2022/2023:

Comment

Kuzminskas the last name on the list as it seems

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
              MTA are waiting to his decition. Accorsing to that, Maccabi will sign one more C or PF and IL Center like Amara or renew with Tyus
              Not the right topic, but one post maybe won't hurt much, but why Wolters takes so long to sign? It should've been this week as far as I know

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post

Not the right topic, but one post maybe won't hurt much, but why Wolters takes so long to sign? It should've been this week as far as I know
                No one realy knows. It seems a done deal, but yet official.
                It was written taht Kane and Cohen signed as well, but yet an official. Only Black announced
                2022/2023:

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                  Comparing to my wishlist I would replace him with Lucic.

Comment

Lucic could be good solution for Efes but O'Btyant could be downgrade to current roster.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                      Lucic could be good solution for Efes but O'Btyant could be downgrade to current roster.
                      somehow I don't feel O'Bryant is the right player, either.

btw, Motum is officially out.
                      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

I did not watch it myself, but Alper Yilmaz was hosted on NTV. People report the following:

- Budget stays the same
                        - Larkin wants to try the NBA again, Efes will wait to see how it turns out.
                        - There will be a signing to replace Motum.
                        - Anderson and Pleiss's future at Efes will be decided by the coach by June 30th.
                        - There is no plan to bring anyone from the NBA due to high costs (i.e. I assume he refers to Udoh & Korkmaz rumors)
                        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

From GM Alper Yilmaz (I listened myself):

* Larkin's first choice is NBA.decision date by end of July, if he doesn't sign with NBA he is locked for Efes.
                          * There will be a lot of traffic between 15-31 July for NBA players to come to Europe
                          * Moerman's contract is extended. Micic, Beaubois, Simon, Moerman, Dunston continue with the team
                          * Ergin Ataman will advise about Anderson and Pleiss this week.
                          * All local players will continue. Tolga is a new addition.
                          * Looking for PF, after Ataman's decision maybe there might be additions for SF and C. (my comment: Center for sure, SF most likely)
                          * Alper Yilmaz had a conversation with NBA player this morning, but it doesn't look like it will happen, because of salary that player asking.
                          * A player who plays in NBA but played in Europe or Turkey before (foreign or Turkish) might come to Efes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A2bnXywT1o (in Turkish)

Comment

Belated congrats on the league title win everyone. I thought Ataman might have gone a bit wilder with his celebrations but from what I saw he seemed quite restrained.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                              Belated congrats on the league title win everyone. I thought Ataman might have gone a bit wilder with his celebrations but from what I saw he seemed quite restrained.
                              I don't understand why Efes doesn't try to keep Larkin with money. They wasted all budget if he leaves the team. Smarter move would be to spend 1-2 milion more for keeping him.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                                I don't understand why Efes doesn't try to keep Larkin with money. They wasted all budget if he leaves the team. Smarter move would be to spend 1-2 milion more for keeping him.
                                You can't buy everything. If Larkin has a dream of NBA comeback - he will try to get a shot there what so ever

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information