No announcement yet.

Zalgiris Kaunas 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is randle the guy that played for real last year? this guy was ridiculously bad for this level. dee bost level
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

I think he was poorly coached by Laso and that's it. He have the skills, but if you want to play under Laso, you have to have head and the skills. If he comes to Kaunas, Saras will think for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
        I think he was poorly coached by Laso and that's it. He have the skills, but if you want to play under Laso, you have to have head and the skills. If he comes to Kaunas, Saras will think for him.
        He looks very similar to Kevin Pangos by shooting abilities and physical data. Maybe Saras can make him solid Europe point guard

Comment

Originally posted by AMJA View Post
          He looks very similar to Kevin Pangos by shooting abilities and physical data. Maybe Saras can make him solid Europe point guard
          But, as said, he is more like a SG in PG body. That makes me question if it could be true, that we signed him. We already (probably) have Lekavicius for that small combo guard and a bach up Leo, so we need strong starting PG and Goss looks like an answer for that. If situation in Oly is really that bad, maybe he would like to sign with us?

Comment

But, as said, he is more like a SG in PG body. That makes me question if it could be true, that we signed him. We already (probably) have Lekavicius for that small combo guard and a bach up Leo, so we need strong starting PG and Goss looks like an answer for that. If situation in Oly is really that bad, maybe he would like to sign with us?
            Henry contract ends this summer. Very intresting he is not playing in VTB playoffs. Maybe Henry injured but no info in media. Maybe someone knows his situation?

Comment

Henry contract ends this summer. Very intresting he is not playing in VTB playoffs. Maybe Henry injured but no info in media. Maybe someone knows his situation?
              I doubt, that we could sign Henry, because in Unics he sign a very big contract and had a pretty good season. I heard, that he is a very strange guy, sometimes talking with the other world That’s what journalists were talking about him when he played against Rytas and was visiting Lithuania and was giving interviews I couldn’t see him fiting in our locker room with that strange character

Comment

If we have Leo and Lukas there's no point in having another pure PG. In theory healthy and ready Leo should start, Lukas will be back-up, depending on rival. Walkup can help a bit if needed. We need a combo with shooting skills. Walton was signed as a player who can shoot and play at point if needed, but he didn't deliver. I think Saras misused him a bit. Type of player like Randle would be a logical choice to strengthen a backcourt line and make it a bit more versatile

He is injured. He missed finish of regular season too, and played with slight injury in recent months. He rejected Zalgiris and Oly last summer and chased Unics money, I see no reason why he should lower his demands or change attitude now as Russians surely will try to keep him, especially if Unics will qualify to EL, which looks very realistic scenario, having home court advantage till final

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                  If we have Leo and Lukas there's no point in having another pure PG. In theory healthy and ready Leo should start, Lukas will be back-up, depending on rival. Walkup can help a bit if needed. We need a combo with shooting skills. Walton was signed as a player who can shoot and play at point if needed, but he didn't deliver. I think Saras misused him a bit. Type of player like Randle would be a logical choice to strengthen a backcourt line and make it a bit more versatile

He is injured. He missed finish of regular season too, and played with slight injury in recent months. He rejected Zalgiris and Oly last summer and chased Unics money, I see no reason why he should lower his demands or change attitude now as Russians surely will try to keep him, especially if Unics will qualify to EL, which looks very realistic scenario, having home court advantage till final
                  No way, that we should trust on Leo's health and give him a starting spot. He will be that smart guy, that when we need to slow the pace down, he will come on floor and calm everyone down. If we would need combo guard, why would we need someone different that Wolters. He is an efficient scorer. Urbonas and Miklovas said, that Saras isn't happy with Wolters playmaking skills and we need a proper starting PG.

Comment

No way, that we should trust on Leo's health and give him a starting spot. He will be that smart guy, that when we need to slow the pace down, he will come on floor and calm everyone down. If we would need combo guard, why would we need someone different that Wolters. He is an efficient scorer. Urbonas and Miklovas said, that Saras isn't happy with Wolters playmaking skills and we need a proper starting PG.
                    I don't care about Urbonas, but Miklovas, who is basically the most and only reliable source with this slim info we get from Zalgiris, said in bnews podcast that Lekavicius comes into Wolters place. Basically to be that guy with more playmaking skills. Anyway, it's his info, while in Zalgiris doesn't always comes someone to someone's place. While if coaches doesn't have trust in Leo health, then they must get rid off of him. He simply isn't needed then and we doesn't need 3 PGs, we need scoring guard beside Leo and Lukas. It could be even the same Wolters, but he never was a first option on wishlist, so I guess if we let him go, Saras and Motiejunas has prepared someone better

Comment

All right, Žalgiris season is officially over, we are the champs 9th year in the row. Things should start moving on. It's clear, that Davies and Wolters is OUT for sure. Buy outs for both. White is a FA and almost 100% he is not coming back, he is too expensive for us. Jankūnas has renewed his contract last summer secretly. Milaknis is staying. Landale should be also next season. We are trying hard to sign Goss. We have interest/want to sign - Lekavicius, Kuzminskas/Giedraitis, Nigel Hayes, RaShawn Thomas, Goss, we will or want to renew Milaknis and Westermann, no info about Kavaliauskas, he want to stay. Situation:
                      PG -----, ------, ------
                      SG Grigonis, Walkup
                      SF Ulanovas, ------?
                      PF ---------, Jankūnas, ------?
                      C Landale, ------?, Geben, Birutis?

Å aras said, that it should be 4-5 new players, but I'm unsure if Geben counts. Landale already took one place.
                      Last edited by ZalgirisFanForLife; 06-02-2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

All right, Žalgiris season is officially over, we are the camps 9th year in the row. Things should start moving on. It's clear, that Davies and Wolters is OUT for sure. Buy outs for both. White is a FA and almost 100% he is not coming back, he is too expensive for us. Jankūnas has renewed his contract last summer secretly. Milaknis is staying. Landale should be also next season. We are trying hard to sign Goss. We have interest/want to sign - Lekavicius, Kuzminskas/Giedraitis, Nigel Hayes, RaShawn Thomas, Goss, we will or want to renew Milaknis and Westermann, no info about Kavaliauskas, he want to stay. Situation:
                        PG -----, ------, ------
                        SG Grigonis, Walkup
                        SF Ulanovas, ------?
                        PF ---------, Jankūnas, ------?
                        C Landale, ------?, Geben, Birutis?

Å aras said, that it should be 4-5 new players, but I'm unsure if Geben counts. Landale already took one place.
                        Westermann stays for sure, Lekavičius already has a contract.

I’d love to see Valinskas, Geben, Birutis and Masiulis on the same roster being on loan playing in a European competition. I know that, that is completely unlikely, but I think it’d be great for these guys to have a one last season on a different team.

But because Kavaliauskas is out (hopefully), I’m sure that Gebenas is in, because he did a HUUUGE step forward and already is better than AK was this season. I hope that Birutis is going to recover fully and that we’re getting one sf/pf like Kuzminskas and one pf/c type player. I’d like that, because I really want to see young Lithuanian players getting more playing time and I trully believe that both Gebenas and Birutis (if healthy) has potential to be really good Euroleague players (as well as, Masiulis).

PG - L. Westermann, L. Lekavičius, N.W. Goss
                        SG - M. Grigonis, Th. Walkup, A. Milaknis
                        SF - E. Ulanovas, M. Kuzminskas (he plays PF, but all of his career he preffered SF)
                        PF - N. Hayes, P. Jankunas
                        C - J. Landale, M. Gebenas, L. Birutis

and then I’d love to see R. Giedraitis as SF, pushing Kuz to PF, or R. Thomas as PF, keeping Kuz in SF.

Comment

I moved the posts here from signings and rumors, this one is a proper thread to discuss Zalgiris next season

Next season Prienai should be smth like Zalgiris farm club in LKL. Seskus will be gone, Zalgiris wants to put their head coach there, I guess obviously it would be Sernius. I doubt that some Masiulis, Birutis, Geben, Valinskas will play there tho as Prienai hardly will be playing in any European competition, unless some FIBA Europe Cup with bunch of minnows. But some Venskus, Uleckas, Jogela, Velicka, maybe even Jokubaitis can have decent playing time in LKL this way. Along with veterans like Lukauskis, Lavrinovic Bros. Hope this plan will work out

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                            I moved the posts here from signings and rumors, this one is a proper thread to discuss Zalgiris next season

Next season Prienai should be smth like Zalgiris farm club in LKL. Seskus will be gone, Zalgiris wants to put their head coach there, I guess obviously it would be Sernius. I doubt that some Masiulis, Birutis, Geben, Valinskas will play there tho as Prienai hardly will be playing in any European competition, unless some FIBA Europe Cup with bunch of minnows. But some Venskus, Uleckas, Jogela, Velicka, maybe even Jokubaitis can have decent playing time in LKL this way. Along with veterans like Lukauskis, Lavrinovic Bros. Hope this plan will work out
                            A team formed from players who have contracts with Zalgiris, would be really competetive in a Eurochallenge level of competition for sure. Valinskas, Jokubaitis, Velicka, Sabeckis, Jogela, Uleckas, Masiulis, Birutis, Geben. Add couple of veterans and you’d have a top5 LKL team for sure. I guess, Zalgiris would find a way to get Skycop into Eurochallenge if they would really want it.

Comment

Originally posted by bakas View Post
                              A team formed from players who have contracts with Zalgiris, would be really competetive in a Eurochallenge level of competition for sure. Valinskas, Jokubaitis, Velicka, Sabeckis, Jogela, Uleckas, Masiulis, Birutis, Geben. Add couple of veterans and you’d have a top5 LKL team for sure. I guess, Zalgiris would find a way to get Skycop into Eurochallenge if they would really want it.
                              FIBA Europe Cup would be too low level for the guys like Geben, Masiulis, Valinskas, Birutis. That's crappy competition, only to waste some money and maybe good to use some youngsters. But that would be step back to these guys. Getting a chance to play in Champions League qualifiers would make more sense, but it's hardly possible, since Juventus announced that they are coming back to European scene for next season and probably will get a place there, or Pasvalys might interfere too, if Petrauskas will stay with his dad money. Both finished above Prienai in regular season. I think Masiulis, Valinskas might stay where they are or move abroad. Geben I guess will end up in Zalgiris, while Birutis could move to some Neptunas i.e. and play in FIBA CL, depends who will be a coach there

Comment

PG - Lekavičius, (I'm starting to think that they're not certain about keeping Leo, and Jokubaitis is probably gonna be on loan)
                                SG - Grigonis; Milaknis; Walkup
                                SF - Ulanovas
                                PF - Hayes, Jankūnas
                                C - Londale

Now the remaining questions:
                                - Will they keep Kavaliauskas? (I hope not, but with a completely new CENTER lineup, he's likely to stay as someone good for the chemistry)
                                - Wil they bring back Masiulis? (I think he'd benefit more from staying on an Eurocup team);
                                - Will they bring back Geben? (I have mixed feelings here, because I think one more year on loan, would be great, but he has already reached Antanas' level)
                                - Will they loan Birutis? (I hope so, he needs to regain his confidence)
                                - Will they loan Jokubaitis? (with Lekavičius back, I think it'd be great for him to play on a Eurocup team as well, where he could get good minutes);
                                - Will they keep Westermann? (I really like him and I hope he stays);
                                - What combo guard will they get? (Nigel William-Goss would be great)
                                - What PF/C we will get? (Both targets - Rashawn Thomas and Zach LeDay, would be extremely amazing)
                                - Will we get Kuzminskas? (That would be great)

If we'll keep Westermann, add Geben, add Thomas or LeDay, add Goss and add Kuzminskas, I'd say that would be the best roster since we won Euroleague.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information