Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Zalgiris Kaunas 2019-20

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Just a firs impression of mine. I also expect that Jasikevicius knew and saw what he can make from Perez. I also think Zalgiris can pretty comfortably start Walcup and Grigonis at the start of the season if Perez will need more time to adjust. IMO, you're a bit too harsh on Lekavicius, sure, you don't want to make him a starting PG, but even at this position he wouldn't suck and Zalgiris wouldn't look miserable For some stretches of the season he might very well start and he will deliver. Grigonis' role as an aggressive and creative 2 will only grow this season, so Zalgiris will be fine in the perimeter.
    I still have my doubts here. Grigonis will deliver, that's true, but PG line still needs to prove it. Lekavicius is ok as back-up, I'm not harsh on him since we talked about a possibility of him being the best PG there if Perez won't deliver - then we are in serious trouble. With all due respect to Lukas, he can't lead borderline PO team to success. He still can score smth, but can't create at the same rate, becomes an undersized SG more than a true floor general. So efficient Perez is needed badly. For now - it's still a long way to go. I won't be surprised too if Walkup will be a starter PG at first in EL

Žalgiris looking like a lot of fun in season start. Pretty smooth ball movement (strange due to being the beggining of the season), many passes, LeDay is looking rel good, his hook shot is deadly and he is a crazy contact guy (that one I could tell from the last season) and whats strange his shooting mechanincs are ugly, he is shooting really not so often, but he is making them at a high procentage. Also, Lekavičius is looking so much more confident, really proud of him. Hayes and Perez still need time (Perez dad and grandad have cancer and it is really hard for him), Jankūnas look a bit better, Landale also needs time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
    Žalgiris looking like a lot of fun in season start. Pretty smooth ball movement (strange due to being the beggining of the season), many passes, LeDay is looking rel good, his hook shot is deadly and he is a crazy contact guy (that one I could tell from the last season) and whats strange his shooting mechanincs are ugly, he is shooting really not so often, but he is making them at a high procentage. Also, Lekavičius is looking so much more confident, really proud of him. Hayes and Perez still need time (Perez dad and grandad have cancer and it is really hard for him), Jankūnas look a bit better, Landale also needs time.
    It's fun with those who know system already. Particularly Lekavicius, Jokubaitis, Wallcup if he had played. With Perez the team is absolutely different and that's understandable. Grigonis a bit out of mood, probably WC hangover. Lekavicius and Jokubaitis due was a great fun to watch tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

zalgiris got to wait till nba season start. if perez continues to struggle find another pg, if he is ok get another center. we got landale who is soft and leday who clearly can not defend centers.

Perez is one level beyond euroleague basketball. I can't see what they saw in him, he is player for Prienai or some other LKL team.

It's just the start of the season, so it makes sense that players like Perez ain't showing their capabilities yet. To have such a big career jump from Champion League to a well-coached Euroleague team is not that easy how it looks, especially for a PG. I mean Jasikevicius might have seen some good attributes in his playing style, and maybe it will pay-off later on. The same things happened with Thomas, Davies, Pangos and etc. All newbies need some time to get belong within this playing style, and that's a natural thing.

Hopefully, we will get both wins next week.

Give Grigonis full time brake to get healthy. Unleash Jokubaitis for a game or 2. Current Grigonis won't save Zalgiris ass, and the kid is ready for some 15 minutes action.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456