Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Zalgiris Kaunas 2019-20

Javonte Green would be a good addition. He can play SG/SF and even he is 1.96 there were minutes he played as PF at Ulm, thanks to his 100 kg weight.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by Efesdxb View Post
    Javonte Green would be a good addition. He can play SG/SF and even he is 1.96 there were minutes he played as PF at Ulm, thanks to his 100 kg weight.
    There were minutes he was defending PGs too. Hayes and Javonte were among my favorite guys in Eurocup last season. Wrote about both of them as a wish back in April/May - we have one, now it's time to get the second No doubt that he is Saras list, he is a player Saras love - physical beast, fine defense, quick hands, steals, maybe just a bit too many unnecessary fouls cause of tries to steal the ball in some hopeless situations. Also sometimes tends to lose game rhythm, standing somewhere in the corner without being involved in the game. But that's a matter of system too. But guy is deadly in transition, good 1on1 skills. We lack that. The question remains - what kind of player we are looking for (if any?), also some richer teams are chasing him already, there was big interest from Baskonia lately

Also still fishy situation with Leday. Hope he will be signed at the end

where the information came about Javonte Green?

Quote Originally Posted by AMJA View Post
    where the information came about Javonte Green?
    Mostly from logical and wishful thinking. Other than that, no reliable info if club is on the market for some other guys in the backcourt at all. Maybe I missed that tho, wasn't following the news too much last couple of weeks, so some interview could've went by me

If Zalgiris signs that guy, I am buying courtside tickets

EDIT: It seems there'll be no Green - Zalgiris' GM just confirmed that the roster is complete and there will be no more additions.
    Last edited by MrRager; 07-16-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRager View Post
    If Zalgiris signs that guy, I am buying courtside tickets

EDIT: It seems there'll be no Green - Zalgiris' GM just confirmed that the roster is complete and there will be no more additions.
    This is bullcrap. They say it every year and then they add one player at least. I don't trust them, at all.

Banned

I think Leday is pretty good sign, he has some important aspects but weak size. I am sure that Saras will increase his efficiency and will force him to become more agressive. On the other hand our backcourt looks shaky.

Quote Originally Posted by bakas View Post
    This is bullcrap. They say it every year and then they add one player at least. I don't trust them, at all.
    They aren't looking for someone now. But then anything might happen. Walton was not planned last year, but circumstances forced us to sign new guard. Then remember Seibutis case - out of nowhere he was left without club in the beginning of Autumn and was offered to Zalgiris - how can you miss such opportunity? Then Vougioukas was signed thnx to bonus we received from sponsors. Anything might happen, but now we must face the truth - it's done. At least good that Leday case is more or less resolved and we should have him.
    Overall speaking I'm fine with frontcourt. Hayes was the player I really liked in GS, Landale is a bit raw, but Davies was too, however there is big enough potential and Saras will know how to use it. Leday great PF/C filler for us, Geben should fill Antanas shoes and Jankunas needs to stay healthy. If he is going to NT, then his health issues is solved and I think he will have fine EL season giving needed experience.
    What I'm sceptical about is backcourt. Lekavicius is downgrade to Wolters. Not by a mile, but it feels like that for now. Saras wanted him badly, so maybe he'll lift him to his ceiling, but I don't expect miracles. Feel a bit mixed about Leo leaving. Good that he is familiar with system and such player will be missed since opening games, but on other hand, he wasn't really that good all season long, there's always a feeling that we might get someone better. I don't know Perez too good, saw him with NT in 2017, the potential was there, it was obvious that guy can ball. Coming from the bench was not a problem, versatile offense, good court vision, fine shooting touch, a bit wild game and questionable decision making at some point, but it was Latino game, so it's usual stuff. Also he lacked experience back then. Now has two seasons under his belt in Europe. But it will be tough in the beginning, hope he doesn't have hot Latin temper, otherwise it will be fcking hard to deal with Saras well, good that there's Walkup at least, who can take a PG spot if smth will go wrong. However, backcourt still left me wanting for more and makes overall picture a bit mixed

Despite the announcement that the roster is done, I've just read in a french media (Bebasket), that Paul Lacombe had been approached by Žalgiris.
    Has anyone heard about it (maybe this is old news)?

To be honest, this is exactly the kind of player I'd like to see in the roster in near future, but for next season it seems there is just no more spot available for him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancūzėlis_ZLD View Post
    Despite the announcement that the roster is done, I've just read in a french media (Bebasket), that Paul Lacombe had been approached by Žalgiris.

To be honest, this is exactly the kind of player I'd like to see in the roster in near future, but for next season it seems there is just no more spot available for him anyway.
    There were news about Lacombe some week or two ago

Btw, Zalgiris already sold 6000 season tickets, all that was available for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    There were news about Lacombe some week or two ago

Btw, Zalgiris already sold 6000 season tickets, all that was available for the moment
    Could it be that Zalgiris inqured about his price as a possibe replacement for Ulanovas, if he would've decided to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Prancūzėlis_ZLD View Post

In one of D.Urbonas podcasts last week or couple weeks ago he mentioned that one french player(SG-SF) was offered to Zalgiris by his agent, but he said nothing more. It could be that he was speaking about Paul Lacombe.

Hey, does Javonte Green is still considered? That would be an interesting add.

Quote Originally Posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
    Roster is closed. Motiejunas mentioned it several times. Last one is here http://www.respublika.lt/lt/naujieno...ybe_zalgiryje/ But as I've wrote before, if some interesting offer will come, they will consider it

Quote Originally Posted by ZalgirisFanForLife View Post
    Javonte Green is a wet dream of some guy, nothing more. Stop shitting bricks and accept the fact that the roster is complete. New player might be added when the season starts, but it will be a rotational player, nothing fancy. So stop daydreaming.

Banned

I hope we can fight for top8 this year but it will be diffucult. Saras need to make another miracle with this squad.

From the first glance Lekavicius is the best PG Zalgiris has thus far in the season. Obviously the plan is to use Lekavicius as always from the bench so Perez wil have to do a leap during the season. Looks lost thus far and I think a bit of a gamble case. He's not some NCAA stud as Pangos was or borderline French NT material Westerman. Likely at the start of the season Walcup will star at 1. The way it looks right now, Lekavicius and Grigonis is the best 2 guards punch for Zalgiris.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    From the first glance Lekavicius is the best PG Zalgiris has thus far in the season. Obviously the plan is to use Lekavicius as always from the bench so Perez wil have to do a leap during the season. Looks lost thus far and I think a bit of a gamble case. He's not some NCAA stud as Pangos was or borderline French NT material Westerman. Likely at the start of the season Walcup will star at 1. The way it looks right now, Lekavicius and Grigonis is the best 2 guards punch for Zalgiris.
    If Lekavicius will be our best PG, then we are done. That's all than I can say. I have hopes that Perez will fulfill my expectations, he has it all to be good PG on EL level, from what I saw from him before and he shows some glimpses of that during preps too. It's only a start, and it's under Saras guidance which is never easy, so already good signs

Jasikevičius said that if they will see a „too good to miss“ opportunity on the market – they will use it, but at this point its more or less hypothetical/unlikely. Although the team is oficially completed, I think sooner or later they will go for another player and it wont necessarily have to be something „too good to miss“. Remember when out of a sudden info started to circulate that Žalgiris is trying to recruit Dairis Bertans? Of course the salary was an issue, but they were keepin an eye open and ready to act. I mean, even looking at recent history, it`s almost a given. I just hope we are not in a situation like with Dee Bost and it`s more of trying to upgrade an already existing roster, instead of replacing a player who didnt fit in.

I also find it a bit funny they would go „Yep, this team is fully completed, 100%“ really early on. And almost every article would repeat it at least twice „No new signings, by they if you have missed, there will be no other new players. Completed.“ Sure. Right. Why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    If Lekavicius will be our best PG, then we are done. That's all than I can say. I have hopes that Perez will fulfill my expectations, he has it all to be good PG on EL level, from what I saw from him before and he shows some glimpses of that during preps too. It's only a start, and it's under Saras guidance which is never easy, so already good signs
    Just a firs impression of mine. I also expect that Jasikevicius knew and saw what he can make from Perez. I also think Zalgiris can pretty comfortably start Walcup and Grigonis at the start of the season if Perez will need more time to adjust. IMO, you're a bit too harsh on Lekavicius, sure, you don't want to make him a starting PG, but even at this position he wouldn't suck and Zalgiris wouldn't look miserable For some stretches of the season he might very well start and he will deliver. Grigonis' role as an aggressive and creative 2 will only grow this season, so Zalgiris will be fine in the perimeter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast