No announcement yet.

Jan Vesely is the 2019 Euroleague MVP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vesely is 20 in rebounds, 17 in blocks and 14 in points. That’s our new MVP.
    previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
      At first, I thought the title was trolling
      LOL I also thought that teflik is trolling us.

Vesely is good player but this is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
        https://www.euroleague.net/news/i/9o...-beko-istanbul

Congratz to Vesely, he deserved it.
        I don't think many would agree.
        Injured 1/3 of the season, many mediocre games.
        One more reason why I'm glad that Fener lost.

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
        Some NBA fans are right when they say Euroleague doesn't mean much. If Vesely is your MVP.
        This.

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
        Sad days for basketball in Europe. Not only because player like Vesely has won that award, he really doesn’t have almost any basketball skills but because there really wasn’t anybody much better.
        So no one has skills?
        There were at least 5 guys who deserved it more then Czech imo.
        His stats (that are far from impressive as noted already) are product of the team, not his individual quality.
        He's not the leader type of player.
        NBA authentic and game worn jerseys collector.
        Also interested in European clubs/FIBA jerseys.
        If you share the same passion, if you're interested in exchanging/selling/buying or if you would just like to talk about this, feel free to contact me!

I'm also world coins collector (post 1950), interested in cooperation in that area as well.

https://twitter.com/MateKokicar

Comment

Originally posted by Mate_Kokicar View Post
          I don't think many would agree.
          Injured 1/3 of the season, many mediocre games.
          One more reason why I'm glad that Fener lost.

This.

So no one has skills?
          There were at least 5 guys who deserved it more then Czech imo.
          His stats (that are far from impressive as noted already) are product of the team, not his individual quality.
          He's not the leader type of player.
          Individual rewards in team sports are many times weird. Like Modric last year. He won it because Real and Croatia had great results. Was he really the best football player in the world?

What is sad, that next year will be even less competition, especially in C position. No Bitadze, no Poirier, probably no Milutinov, Gudaitis with bad injury... Some stars getting very old. The level of Euroleague even lower.
          previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
            Individual rewards in team sports are many times weird. Like Modric last year. He won it because Real and Croatia had great results. Was he really the best football player in the world?

What is sad, that next year will be even less competition, especially in C position. No Bitadze, no Poirier, probably no Milutinov, Gudaitis with bad injury... Some stars getting very old. The level of Euroleague even lower.
            True. Still neither a few others were the best in the world but were better the Vesely.

Perhaps his mid-range jumpers in F4 were the final trigger for EL trust of minds. Seriously, he has taken more mid-range jumpers in this one and half game than in previous two seasons in total. lol And he's not shooting bad at all.
            What happened to him after the injury? Should we expect him to shoot 5 three-pointers per game next season?
            NBA authentic and game worn jerseys collector.
            Also interested in European clubs/FIBA jerseys.
            If you share the same passion, if you're interested in exchanging/selling/buying or if you would just like to talk about this, feel free to contact me!

I'm also world coins collector (post 1950), interested in cooperation in that area as well.

https://twitter.com/MateKokicar

Comment

Not much to argue, since no clear favourite for MVP award in current season.

So Vesely sounds as good as any other potential candidate for me.

My other favs for this award were

Milutinov
              James
              Clyburn
              Gudaitis
              Calathes
              EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

Originally posted by radallo View Post
                Not much to argue, since no clear favourite for MVP award in current season.

So Vesely sounds as good as any other potential candidate for me.

My other favs for this award were

Milutinov
                James
                Clyburn
                Gudaitis
                Calathes
                You’re missing Poirier, the best rebounder of Euroleague, 8th in blocks and 18th in points and in contrast to Vesely great in playoffs.
                I wouldn’t vote for Vesely even to be top3 C. in EuroLeague, but I can understand how he was voted MVP. If Milutinov, Poirier, Davis or Gudaitis(without injury) were playing for Fener, they would have been MVP.
                previously known as Beno

Comment

Sure, there were other potential candidates,

Poirier, I excluded because his numbers were inflated by Shengelia's absence.. not his fault of course.

As we know, the team and its results play a pivotal role
                  EUROLEAGUEADDICTED

Comment

Originally posted by radallo View Post
                    Sure, there were other potential candidates,

Poirier, I excluded because his numbers were inflated by Shengelia's absence.. not his fault of course.

As we know, the team and its results play a pivotal role
                    Poirier was the best in playoffs, Shengelia being back, and pretty average in second part of regular season, Shengelia being out.

Bitadze and Poirier are the most interesting Cs for NBA, than Milutinov.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information