Fenerbahçe 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atillafb View Post
    Who do you think we could realistically replace Melli with?
    Melli was important because both Vesely and Lauvergne were injured at the same time. If they are both alright it's not a big problem,

However we still need a PF who can shoot. From Euroleague; Derrick Williams, Randolph, Singleton, Voigtmann or O'Bryant maybe.

Derrick is more like 3/4 combo like Kalinic, but he could replace him. But they said he is close to Milano.
    Real wouldn't let Randolph go so that wouldn't happen.
    Singleton is too expensive and overrated for his performance, not a good defender like Melli, he would probably go to China.
    Voigtmann couldn't exactly replace Melli.
    O'Bryant isn't a good defender as Melli and he isn't very consistent.

We should try players who will leave NBA perhaps.
    Last edited by Tevfik1907; 07-12-2019, 02:32 PM.
    FENERBAHÇE
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
      Melli was important because both Vesely and Lauvergne were injured at the same time. If they are both alright it's not a big problem,

However we still need a PF who can shoot. From Euroleague; Derrick Williams, Randolph, Singleton, Voigtmann or O'Bryant maybe.

Derrick is more like 3/4 combo like Kalinic, but he could replace him. But they said he is close to Milano.
      Singleton is too expensive and overrated for his performance, not a good defender like Melli, he would probably go to China.

Voigtmann has signed with CSKA hasn't he?? A few pages before somebody wrote a rumor about Bender and Fener, I don't know whether there is actual interest about him and he is definately a risky move but it would be interesting, under Zoc he will have most probably a final chance to work hard and realise his talent!

Comment

• I would like to see Aaron White in Fener. Or someone similar

Comment

Westermann is official.

Fenerbah?e Beko Erkek Basketbol Takımı, yeni sezon kadro yapılanması ?alışmaları kapsamında, Fransız oyun kurucu Leo Westermann ile iki yıllığına anla

With this, we replaced Guduric with De Colo, and Green with Westermann.

We only need to replace Melli then we're fine.
          Last finals are showing us that even we replace Melli, we are not fine. Considering Jo-Lo still absent and need huge time for warm-up, we need huge amendments on frontcourt. Obviously seen we need two warriors.

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
            I would like to see Aaron White in Fener. Or someone similar
            Will be a very very good choice for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Sport View Post
              Last finals are showing us that even we replace Melli, we are not fine. Considering Jo-Lo still absent and need huge time for warm-up, we need huge amendments on frontcourt. Obviously seen we need two warriors.
              Vesely wasn't playing in the finals. The mvp of the team. And his back-up Lauvergne wasn't playing too. All we had Ahmet in the center position, and Melli had to play center while it wasn't his usual position. That was a huge blow to us. And not only that, Datome was injured too and he didn't play 4 games and he wasn't ready for the remaining games. If we had the full roster there was no problem.

In this season we will have better guards, and no problem at the center position. Thus, Melli's absence won't be a huge problem even if we don't replace him, but we will anyway.
              FENERBAHÇE
              --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
              --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

Quincy Acy?

Comment

• I believe Fenerbahce roster is done and if Fenerbahce fans don't mind I would like to write couple of things here:
                  PG: Sloukas, Westerman, Dixon
                  SG: De Colo, Melih
                  SF: Datome, Kalinic, Biberovic
                  PF: Williams, Lauvergne, Berkay Candan
                  C: Vesely, Ahmet

This roster is major upgrade from last year. If they manage to stay healthy, in my opinion they are clear favourites for the title.
                  Couple of things that might cause problem for Fenerbahce, they don't have a player except De Colo, who can effectively drive and create (last year they had none and at critical points that costed a lot).
                  Back court defence. None of the players on back court are good on defence. We can say average.
                  Outside shooting of bigs. Vesely and Ahmet are almost zero on this part. Lauvergne and Williams are not consistent (at least they were not last year). That might cause problem for spacing and Center.
                  I am sure Obradovic is aware of these problems and he has solutions for that.
                  I hope he doesn't do the same mistake he did last year and overload the players during regular season. FB will easily get the home court advantage for play offs.
                  Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

• Dimitris Itoudis, Vitoria-Gasteiz'de d?zenlenen Final Four'da Fenerbah?e Beko'nun yaşadığı sakatlık sıkıntıları ile ilgili konuştu.

Itoudis: ''Fenerbahçe was the best team in 2018-19. Without the injuries they would win the Euroleague.''
                    FENERBAHÇE

Comment

https://www.eurohoops.net/tr/eurolea...avori-onlardi/

Itoudis: ''Fenerbahçe was the best team in 2018-19. Without the injuries they would win the Euroleague.''
                      I think Cska will win even if Fenerbahce was complete.Fenerbahce too much based play on shoot,in some sense they play was undefined, without clear style .On position sg and sf Fenerbahce missed one or two players with good shoots,good defense and creativity .Without that,Fenerbahce hadnt created shoots in sufficient measure .This season,De Colo came with Sloukas ,player which will have big importance for play of Feenrbahce,on pf came Williams which is great individual player ,I have doubt how he will match to Fenerbahce ? Melli left Fenerbahce ,Williams is different type .Westermann comes ,he could be solid backup pg ,he is inteligent,he is tall ,had problems with injuries and that s main cause of unconstant carreer .Lauvergne this season surely will better,without injuries,second season , so supporters of Fenerbahce had a more reason for optimism this season .Especially,because Cska,Real and Barcelona are in some phase of reconstructio ,Zeljko in equal conditions principally is best .

Comment

• Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
                        I believe Fenerbahce roster is done and if Fenerbahce fans don't mind I would like to write couple of things here:
                        PG: Sloukas, Westerman, Dixon
                        SG: De Colo, Melih
                        SF: Datome, Kalinic, Biberovic
                        PF: Williams, Lauvergne, Berkay Candan
                        C: Vesely, Ahmet

This roster is major upgrade from last year. If they manage to stay healthy, in my opinion they are clear favourites for the title.
                        Couple of things that might cause problem for Fenerbahce, they don't have a player except De Colo, who can effectively drive and create (last year they had none and at critical points that costed a lot).
                        Back court defence. None of the players on back court are good on defence. We can say average.
                        Outside shooting of bigs. Vesely and Ahmet are almost zero on this part. Lauvergne and Williams are not consistent (at least they were not last year). That might cause problem for spacing and Center.
                        I am sure Obradovic is aware of these problems and he has solutions for that.
                        I hope he doesn't do the same mistake he did last year and overload the players during regular season. FB will easily get the home court advantage for play offs.

I would put Vesely to 4 rather than Lauvergne there since its unlikely him playing next to Ahmet on the other hand Vesely will get minutes along with any other big guy on the rotation.

About a player in the critical minutes that can create his own score i don't see in the market any other team having a second De Colo in their team either. Last year CSKA had this luxury with Higgins and Serrod even.

This year Barca has Higgins but their 2nd backcourt option his Heurtel. Cska doesn't even have the first convincing option right now. Real now has Campazzo or Llull maybe Laprovittola and Efes if they keep Larkin has Micic but i'm pretty confident as a 2nd scoring option Sloukas is one of the best in the EL so i don't see any other team has an advantage in this department also taking into account Dixon having a more balanced role in terms of scoring rather than relying on him big time like we had to last year.

Backcourt defence i agree we don't have a solid defender in our squad. I wish we would have Ömer Onan kind of national player rather than having Melih right now with this current rotation. But it is obvious we will heavily rely on to switches even more often this year with Westermann and Williams moves. So as it has worked in the regular season last year (Despite we had a relatively weaker defensive guard rotation) when the team was fully in shape, it can work this year as well.

Nevertheless we still don't know if the window has been closed for us, its likely that we'll have another move..

Comment

• Yeah yeah yeah...It is always the same b.s. being thrown around by the same guy
                          Year on year I read megalomaniac comments all about Fenerbahce's signings and nearly all "not worth the money".
                          One year it is Bojan or Bogdan Bogdanovic. "How could Fenerbahce pay that much?"
                          Next year it is about Kalinic "How ridiculous it is for Fenerbahce to pay a buyout?"
                          Then it is Guduric.
                          Now it is somebody else...next year it will be somebody else.
                          If you look at Fenerbahce over the last 5 years. The transfer strategy is solid "overall" and the team is a success.
                          Yes there are mismatches, misfires like Bennett or Thompson, but mostly we are signing rationally.
                          So...haters will hate. We are lovin' it!
                          Cheers,

Comment

• I really dont understand the criticise of D. Williams. He was the best PF available on the market (I am not counting Mirotic because he is around 4-5 m salary)

He had very good rookie season in euroleague. He is likely to increase his performance at second year in europe. Many american players step up after first year. I dont think his range is not questionable. His 3 pt shot percentage is %33 , not bad for PF, regarding his shot selections and alpha role at Bayern, We can assume that in a better organisation such Fener his percentage will increase with a better shooting selection.

He was selected second in nba draft, unlike Bennett he was widely considered as top choice by many experts ( Bennett was a shock choice many people did not expect him at top 10 pick). He definately has the potential. He struggled to show it in nba due to his size issue (slow for SF, small for PF) and some other misfortune ( bad team choice, mental struggles). He doesnt have size issue in euroleague and his athleticism is definately difference-maker level. His mid-range shot and one to one skills are better than most PF's in the league.

I saw A. White suggestion instead of Wlliams for Fener . Come on, be serious White instead of Melli
                            I watched White two years in Zalgiris. He is average player, could only be back up player of solid PF at top tier teams. Nigel Hayes is not ready for top level yet. Maybe after two good years in Zalgiris, he could be the player of title contender level teams but not yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saras_Fan View Post
                              I really dont understand the criticise of D. Williams. He was the best PF available on the market (I am not counting Mirotic because he is around 4-5 m salary)
                              I think it's related to Fener,

Geride kalan sezonda Turkish Airlines EuroLeague'de final oynayan, Tahincioğlu Basketbol S?per Ligi'nde şampiyonluğa ulaşan Anadolu Efes'in başantren?r? Ergin...

(In here, Ergin says they want to buy D.Williams.)

If D. Williams goes to Efes (or any other team), you would see different kind of comments.
                              Last edited by Tevfik1907; 07-18-2019, 02:16 PM.
                              FENERBAHÇE

Comment

I think it's related to Fener,

Geride kalan sezonda Turkish Airlines EuroLeague'de final oynayan, Tahincioğlu Basketbol S?per Ligi'nde şampiyonluğa ulaşan Anadolu Efes'in başantren?r? Ergin...

(In here, Ergin says they want to buy D.Williams.)

If D. Williams goes to Efes (or any other team), you would see different kind of comments.
                                incorrect. Check Efes signings since last year. every one of them was criticized here heavily. Moerman, Pleiss, Anderson, and Peters this year. I don't even mention the previous disasters. because you know we take it easy and do not look for made-up enemies.
                                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information