Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 218

Thread: Fenerbahçe 2019-20

  1. #161
    Senior Member drskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    270
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saybia View Post
    I still see the least risky option would be Singleton. Other than i don't see either any possibility to fill that gap by just one player.

    Or else we could go for a rather undersized 4 and someone like Hunter with a modest contract.
    singleton is not an off-the ball type of guy. with de colo + kostas I don't see a guy like singleton with us. A guy like Melli maybe, but we need an Antic atm for the stretch 4.

    I also don't see vesely playing 5 mainly this year. we need a sub stretch 4 and a good 5.
    sex, droga i bodiroga.

  2. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Kupiskis
    Posts
    421
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drskull View Post
    singleton is not an off-the ball type of guy. with de colo + kostas I don't see a guy like singleton with us. A guy like Melli maybe, but we need an Antic atm for the stretch 4.

    I also don't see vesely playing 5 mainly this year. we need a sub stretch 4 and a good 5.
    If Fener is willing to offer financially attractive contract, Kavaliauskas may come back out of retirement.

  3. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    236
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrRager View Post
    If Fener is willing to offer financially attractive contract, Kavaliauskas may come back out of retirement.
    He can enjoy his retirement. But we might offer him an attractive contract to play for Zalgiris if we pick them on F8 this year again.

  4. #164
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,156
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Westermann is official.

    https://www.fenerbahce.org/haberler/...rbahce-beko-da

    With this, we replaced Guduric with De Colo, and Green with Westermann.

    We only need to replace Melli then we're fine.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

  5. #165
    Member atillafb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    79
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Westermann is official.

    https://www.fenerbahce.org/haberler/...rbahce-beko-da

    With this, we replaced Guduric with De Colo, and Green with Westermann.

    We only need to replace Melli then we're fine.

    Who do you think we could realistically replace Melli with?
    İzmir’in dağlarında çiçekler açar
    Altın güneş orda sırmalar saçar
    Bozulmuş düşmanlar yel gibi kaçar
    Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa
    Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa!

  6. #166
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,156
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atillafb View Post
    Who do you think we could realistically replace Melli with?
    Melli was important because both Vesely and Lauvergne were injured at the same time. If they are both alright it's not a big problem,

    However we still need a PF who can shoot. From Euroleague; Derrick Williams, Randolph, Singleton, Voigtmann or O'Bryant maybe.

    Derrick is more like 3/4 combo like Kalinic, but he could replace him. But they said he is close to Milano.
    Real wouldn't let Randolph go so that wouldn't happen.
    Singleton is too expensive and overrated for his performance, not a good defender like Melli, he would probably go to China.
    Voigtmann couldn't exactly replace Melli.
    O'Bryant isn't a good defender as Melli and he isn't very consistent.

    We should try players who will leave NBA perhaps.
    Last edited by Tevfik1907; 07-12-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

  7. #167
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    kalamata
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Melli was important because both Vesely and Lauvergne were injured at the same time. If they are both alright it's not a big problem,

    However we still need a PF who can shoot. From Euroleague; Derrick Williams, Randolph, Singleton, Voigtmann or O'Bryant maybe.

    Derrick is more like 3/4 combo like Kalinic, but he could replace him. But they said he is close to Milano.
    Real wouldn't let Randolph go so that wouldn't happen.
    Singleton is too expensive and overrated for his performance, not a good defender like Melli, he would probably go to China.
    Voigtmann couldn't exactly replace Melli.
    O'Bryant isn't a good defender as Melli and he isn't very consistent.

    We should try players who will leave NBA perhaps.
    Voigtmann has signed with CSKA hasn't he?? A few pages before somebody wrote a rumor about Bender and Fener, I don't know whether there is actual interest about him and he is definately a risky move but it would be interesting, under Zoc he will have most probably a final chance to work hard and realise his talent!

  8. #168
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,089

    Default

    I would like to see Aaron White in Fener. Or someone similar

  9. #169
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    106
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Westermann is official.

    https://www.fenerbahce.org/haberler/...rbahce-beko-da

    With this, we replaced Guduric with De Colo, and Green with Westermann.

    We only need to replace Melli then we're fine.
    Last finals are showing us that even we replace Melli, we are not fine. Considering Jo-Lo still absent and need huge time for warm-up, we need huge amendments on frontcourt. Obviously seen we need two warriors.

  10. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    106
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    I would like to see Aaron White in Fener. Or someone similar
    Will be a very very good choice for us.

  11. #171
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,156
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sport View Post
    Last finals are showing us that even we replace Melli, we are not fine. Considering Jo-Lo still absent and need huge time for warm-up, we need huge amendments on frontcourt. Obviously seen we need two warriors.
    Vesely wasn't playing in the finals. The mvp of the team. And his back-up Lauvergne wasn't playing too. All we had Ahmet in the center position, and Melli had to play center while it wasn't his usual position. That was a huge blow to us. And not only that, Datome was injured too and he didn't play 4 games and he wasn't ready for the remaining games. If we had the full roster there was no problem.

    In this season we will have better guards, and no problem at the center position. Thus, Melli's absence won't be a huge problem even if we don't replace him, but we will anyway.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

  12. #172
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    44
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    Melli was important because both Vesely and Lauvergne were injured at the same time. If they are both alright it's not a big problem,

    However we still need a PF who can shoot. From Euroleague; Derrick Williams, Randolph, Singleton, Voigtmann or O'Bryant maybe.

    Derrick is more like 3/4 combo like Kalinic, but he could replace him. But they said he is close to Milano.
    Real wouldn't let Randolph go so that wouldn't happen.
    Singleton is too expensive and overrated for his performance, not a good defender like Melli, he would probably go to China.
    Voigtmann couldn't exactly replace Melli.
    O'Bryant isn't a good defender as Melli and he isn't very consistent.

    We should try players who will leave NBA perhaps.
    Quincy Acy?

  13. #173
    Senior Member Efesdxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Baku / Azerbaijan
    Posts
    1,118
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    I believe Fenerbahce roster is done and if Fenerbahce fans don't mind I would like to write couple of things here:
    PG: Sloukas, Westerman, Dixon
    SG: De Colo, Melih
    SF: Datome, Kalinic, Biberovic
    PF: Williams, Lauvergne, Berkay Candan
    C: Vesely, Ahmet

    This roster is major upgrade from last year. If they manage to stay healthy, in my opinion they are clear favourites for the title.
    Couple of things that might cause problem for Fenerbahce, they don't have a player except De Colo, who can effectively drive and create (last year they had none and at critical points that costed a lot).
    Back court defence. None of the players on back court are good on defence. We can say average.
    Outside shooting of bigs. Vesely and Ahmet are almost zero on this part. Lauvergne and Williams are not consistent (at least they were not last year). That might cause problem for spacing and Center.
    I am sure Obradovic is aware of these problems and he has solutions for that.
    I hope he doesn't do the same mistake he did last year and overload the players during regular season. FB will easily get the home court advantage for play offs.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

  14. #174
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,156
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    https://www.eurohoops.net/tr/eurolea...avori-onlardi/

    Itoudis: ''Fenerbahçe was the best team in 2018-19. Without the injuries they would win the Euroleague.''
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

  15. #175
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    337
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    https://www.eurohoops.net/tr/eurolea...avori-onlardi/

    Itoudis: ''Fenerbahçe was the best team in 2018-19. Without the injuries they would win the Euroleague.''
    I think Cska will win even if Fenerbahce was complete.Fenerbahce too much based play on shoot,in some sense they play was undefined, without clear style .On position sg and sf Fenerbahce missed one or two players with good shoots,good defense and creativity .Without that,Fenerbahce hadnt created shoots in sufficient measure .This season,De Colo came with Sloukas ,player which will have big importance for play of Feenrbahce,on pf came Williams which is great individual player ,I have doubt how he will match to Fenerbahce ? Melli left Fenerbahce ,Williams is different type .Westermann comes ,he could be solid backup pg ,he is inteligent,he is tall ,had problems with injuries and that s main cause of unconstant carreer .Lauvergne this season surely will better,without injuries,second season , so supporters of Fenerbahce had a more reason for optimism this season .Especially,because Cska,Real and Barcelona are in some phase of reconstructio ,Zeljko in equal conditions principally is best .

  16. #176
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    236
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Efesdxb View Post
    I believe Fenerbahce roster is done and if Fenerbahce fans don't mind I would like to write couple of things here:
    PG: Sloukas, Westerman, Dixon
    SG: De Colo, Melih
    SF: Datome, Kalinic, Biberovic
    PF: Williams, Lauvergne, Berkay Candan
    C: Vesely, Ahmet

    This roster is major upgrade from last year. If they manage to stay healthy, in my opinion they are clear favourites for the title.
    Couple of things that might cause problem for Fenerbahce, they don't have a player except De Colo, who can effectively drive and create (last year they had none and at critical points that costed a lot).
    Back court defence. None of the players on back court are good on defence. We can say average.
    Outside shooting of bigs. Vesely and Ahmet are almost zero on this part. Lauvergne and Williams are not consistent (at least they were not last year). That might cause problem for spacing and Center.
    I am sure Obradovic is aware of these problems and he has solutions for that.
    I hope he doesn't do the same mistake he did last year and overload the players during regular season. FB will easily get the home court advantage for play offs.

    I would put Vesely to 4 rather than Lauvergne there since its unlikely him playing next to Ahmet on the other hand Vesely will get minutes along with any other big guy on the rotation.

    About a player in the critical minutes that can create his own score i don't see in the market any other team having a second De Colo in their team either. Last year CSKA had this luxury with Higgins and Serrod even.

    This year Barca has Higgins but their 2nd backcourt option his Heurtel. Cska doesn't even have the first convincing option right now. Real now has Campazzo or Llull maybe Laprovittola and Efes if they keep Larkin has Micic but i'm pretty confident as a 2nd scoring option Sloukas is one of the best in the EL so i don't see any other team has an advantage in this department also taking into account Dixon having a more balanced role in terms of scoring rather than relying on him big time like we had to last year.

    Backcourt defence i agree we don't have a solid defender in our squad. I wish we would have Ömer Onan kind of national player rather than having Melih right now with this current rotation. But it is obvious we will heavily rely on to switches even more often this year with Westermann and Williams moves. So as it has worked in the regular season last year (Despite we had a relatively weaker defensive guard rotation) when the team was fully in shape, it can work this year as well.

    Nevertheless we still don't know if the window has been closed for us, its likely that we'll have another move..

  17. #177
    Senior Member Cuneyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,499
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Yeah yeah yeah...It is always the same b.s. being thrown around by the same guy
    Year on year I read megalomaniac comments all about Fenerbahce's signings and nearly all "not worth the money".
    One year it is Bojan or Bogdan Bogdanovic. "How could Fenerbahce pay that much?"
    Next year it is about Kalinic "How ridiculous it is for Fenerbahce to pay a buyout?"
    Then it is Guduric.
    Now it is somebody else...next year it will be somebody else.
    If you look at Fenerbahce over the last 5 years. The transfer strategy is solid "overall" and the team is a success.
    Yes there are mismatches, misfires like Bennett or Thompson, but mostly we are signing rationally.
    So...haters will hate. We are lovin' it!
    Cheers,

  18. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    25
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    I really dont understand the criticise of D. Williams. He was the best PF available on the market (I am not counting Mirotic because he is around 4-5 m salary)

    He had very good rookie season in euroleague. He is likely to increase his performance at second year in europe. Many american players step up after first year. I dont think his range is not questionable. His 3 pt shot percentage is %33 , not bad for PF, regarding his shot selections and alpha role at Bayern, We can assume that in a better organisation such Fener his percentage will increase with a better shooting selection.

    He was selected second in nba draft, unlike Bennett he was widely considered as top choice by many experts ( Bennett was a shock choice many people did not expect him at top 10 pick). He definately has the potential. He struggled to show it in nba due to his size issue (slow for SF, small for PF) and some other misfortune ( bad team choice, mental struggles). He doesnt have size issue in euroleague and his athleticism is definately difference-maker level. His mid-range shot and one to one skills are better than most PF's in the league.

    I saw A. White suggestion instead of Wlliams for Fener . Come on, be serious White instead of Melli
    I watched White two years in Zalgiris. He is average player, could only be back up player of solid PF at top tier teams. Nigel Hayes is not ready for top level yet. Maybe after two good years in Zalgiris, he could be the player of title contender level teams but not yet.

  19. #179
    Senior Member Tevfik1907's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    İstanbul / Türkiye
    Posts
    1,156
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saras_Fan View Post
    I really dont understand the criticise of D. Williams. He was the best PF available on the market (I am not counting Mirotic because he is around 4-5 m salary)
    I think it's related to Fener,

    https://www.fanatik.com.tr/ergin-ata...iyoruz-2073067
    (In here, Ergin says they want to buy D.Williams.)

    If D. Williams goes to Efes (or any other team), you would see different kind of comments.
    Last edited by Tevfik1907; 07-18-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

  20. #180
    Efes fan Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    7,183
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
    I think it's related to Fener,

    https://www.fanatik.com.tr/ergin-ata...iyoruz-2073067
    (In here, Ergin says they want to buy D.Williams.)

    If D. Williams goes to Efes (or any other team), you would see different kind of comments.
    incorrect. Check Efes signings since last year. every one of them was criticized here heavily. Moerman, Pleiss, Anderson, and Peters this year. I don't even mention the previous disasters. because you know we take it easy and do not look for made-up enemies.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •