Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 520

Thread: 2019 PBA Commissioners Cup

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,852
    Country: Kyrgyzstan

    Default

    Terrence Jones shut down by Northport. He really is Blatche 2.0 including the negative aspects.

  2. #82
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Terrence Jones shut down by Northport. He really is Blatche 2.0 including the negative aspects.
    As I stated earlier, his defense is suspect and even his motor. Blatche is way better both in offense and defense. Help defense and PnR defense is poor for Jones.

  3. #83
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,894

    Default

    he can jump..but theres a reason why dantoni opted not to sign him for the rest of this season
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  4. #84
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,929
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    d'antoni is a 4 out 1 in guy. he wants his players to shoot from anywhere. terrence jones will not fit on his system. tj is a mchale guy and that's the reason why he gets substantial minutes under kevin mchale.

    anyway, legit nba players that played in our country typically have these primadonna and outrageous attitude. blatche, balkman, glen rice jr and tj to name a few.

    however, it does not take away anything to terrence jones. he is still scored 17 despite being guarded. if it was your ordinary import, he might perform worse. another thing is the way our players defend here. pba allows physical plays against imports - the reason why we suck so hard in fiba (a normal foul in pba may be an unsportsmanlike foul in fiba). our defensive plays remind me of 80's-90's nba and that was around 20-30 years ago. it is one of the manifestation lagging behind by around 20-30 years now.

    what tnt coaching staff can do is to talk with tj put a check on him. brief him about the league and about tnt's system of plays because no matter how good a player is, if the things are not clear, the team will still not succeed.
    Last edited by ja.he; 05-29-2019 at 11:49 PM.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  5. #85
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    d'antoni is a 4 out 1 in guy. he wants his players to shoot from anywhere. terrence jones will not fit on his system. tj is a mchale guy and that's the reason why he gets substantial minutes under kevin mchale.

    anyway, legit nba players that played in our country typically have these primadonna and outrageous attitude. blatche, balkman, glen rice jr and tj to name a few.

    however, it does not take away anything to terrence jones. he is still scored 17 despite being guarded. if it was your ordinary import, he might perform worse. another thing is the way our players defend here. pba allows physical plays against imports - the reason why we suck so hard in fiba (a normal foul in pba may be an unsportsmanlike foul in fiba). our defensive plays remind me of 80's-90's nba and that was around 20-30 years ago. it is one of the manifestation lagging behind by around 20-30 years now.

    what tnt coaching staff can do is to talk with tj put a check on him. brief him about the league and about tnt's system of plays because no matter how good a player is, if the things are not clear, the team will still not succeed.
    cs was given import treatment when he goes to the right, one play when he look so bad finishing with the riggt the reason.. the defender brondial wrapped his arm with cs arm and got away from it.. fajardo gets this treatment also evident on last final series and this 2 got the numbers they want in as few attempts unlike the imports that come on us..

    And yeah people forget how tj and chandler arsons only got their nba careers because of mchale..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,019
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Good performance by Robert Bolick so far after 3 games in the Commissioner' Cup. This after a roller-coaster performance in the All-Filipino Conference.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  7. #87
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    9,557
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Good performance by Robert Bolick so far after 3 games in the Commissioner' Cup. This after a roller-coaster performance in the All-Filipino Conference.
    man bolick is really good. that kid is gonna be a superstar. he is definitely better than romeo.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,019
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    man bolick is really good. that kid is gonna be a superstar. he is definitely better than romeo.
    Skills-wise, Romeo is better than Bolick. But in terms of basketball I. Q. & discipline, Bolick is obviously the better guy. Romeo is very talented, perhaps too talented for his own good. But his shortcoming in discipline is his biggest downside.

    Bolick isn't as talented as Romeo but Bolick is talented "enough". Its Bolick's basketball I. Q. & discipline that are his upsides.

    In a National team set up where there are a lot of talented players & scorers, you would prefer a team-oriented player like Bolick than a freelancer like Romeo.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    368
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    nlex with no legit star and currently composed of washed up players better do the tanking mode now for their future. Three players should retirement by next conference (Taulava, baguio, fonacier) once alas comes back he should be traded to phoenix as phoenix may probably be interested with him, Even if Kiefer comes back I don't think he alone is enough to steer the team to the promise land.
    I am not a six footer, so I play heavy metal instead...

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,019
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beansent View Post
    nlex with no legit star and currently composed of washed up players better do the tanking mode now for their future. Three players should retirement by next conference (Taulava, baguio, fonacier) once alas comes back he should be traded to phoenix as phoenix may probably be interested with him, Even if Kiefer comes back I don't think he alone is enough to steer the team to the promise land.
    Agree. It seems PBA will have a bumper crop of rookies in next season's draft.

    One step backward, two steps forward.

    In a tough & treacherous world that we are currently living in, practicality is of the essence.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  11. #91
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Good performance by Robert Bolick so far after 3 games in the Commissioner' Cup. This after a roller-coaster performance in the All-Filipino Conference.
    I think Bolick has already got accustom in controlling his gigil..., Underrated matchup between Parks and Bolick, as Bolick due to Manong Kiefer teaching has become more assertive and aggresive like kiefer, and we want Parks to have this same gigil especially in gilas as he has the size to excel even at world level I remember gelabale hoding his arm and still able to finish..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  12. #92
    Senior Member The_Big_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manila, Leyte, & Iloilo
    Posts
    3,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Good performance by Robert Bolick so far after 3 games in the Commissioner' Cup. This after a roller-coaster performance in the All-Filipino Conference.

    Bolick scored 19, 18 and 21 points respectively in Northport's first 3 games.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

  13. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,019
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    I think Bolick has already got accustom in controlling his gigil..., Underrated matchup between Parks and Bolick, as Bolick due to Manong Kiefer teaching has become more assertive and aggresive like kiefer, and we want Parks to have this same gigil especially in gilas as he has the size to excel even at world level I remember gelabale hoding his arm and still able to finish..
    I think Parks have learned to become more assertive in offense lately.

    Bolick, Kiefer & Parks have "controlled gigil"

    Whereas Kobe Paras has "uncontrolled gigil"
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  14. #94
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Skills-wise, Romeo is better than Bolick. But in terms of basketball I. Q. & discipline, Bolick is obviously the better guy. Romeo is very talented, perhaps too talented for his own good. But his shortcoming in discipline is his biggest downside.

    Bolick isn't as talented as Romeo but Bolick is talented "enough". Its Bolick's basketball I. Q. & discipline that are his upsides.

    In a National team set up where there are a lot of talented players & scorers, you would prefer a team-oriented player like Bolick than a freelancer like Romeo.
    Agree. He also has the superior court vision. I saw a lot of passes and assists Romeo wouldn't do lol.

  15. #95
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Agree. He also has the superior court vision. I saw a lot of passes and assists Romeo wouldn't do lol.
    thats why i dont get the less talented part as bolick has underrated pg skills..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  16. #96
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,167
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Man all these young pgs making it hard to decide who we should choose for NT

  17. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Bolick will be better facilitator than TR because he played PG most of the time in college. TR was a shooting guard in his final years in FEU

  18. #98
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,665
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zairex View Post
    Bolick will be better facilitator than TR because he played PG most of the time in college. TR was a shooting guard in his final years in FEU
    And Bolick has relatively good size (6'1) for a PG. It's about time we started having PG's in the 6'1-6'3 range.

  19. #99
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,167
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    And Bolick has relatively good size (6'1) for a PG. It's about time we started having PG's in the 6'1-6'3 range.
    Yeah we got Jgdl (6’2) and Panopio (6’2) too.

  20. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    661
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Kiefer and Thirdy paired would be intriguing and the marketing as well.

    Bolick is only two years younger than Terrence. TR has been acting like an asshole but he’s probably the best local shot creator we have. Maybe even the best shooter as well

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •