Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 PBA Commissioners Cup

post deleted
    Last edited by JAMSKIE; 06-06-2019 at 06:08 AM.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    For those who don't consider Abueva as a "dirty" player, who then is dirty?

I say Abueva should be suspended for no less than a conference in the PBA
    Whoever hurts Calvin should be considered dirty daw. The reason he hurts people is supposedly because other people started it

The thing that abueva did on that particular ballgame is just one of the most embarrassing scene in any basketball game be it a NBA or FIBA game he just smack the dude's neck ala JBL's own clothesline from hell moves and for Jones well, the ref misses that sneak-in moves on calvin's groin in an earlier play..I think that referee was suspended for 10 days?..oh well I hope this incident would be a big lesson to Abueva.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Look who is whining about unsportsmanlike behavior.

How about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgYu3LQaa0Y

This is clear show of unsportsmanship at its lowest level. A shameful act.

"They didn't have the decency to know they had their crap kicked out of them"

How convenient is that for Isiah Thomas to say he regretted what he & his teammates had done.

What if 10 years from now Abueva would say "Pinagsisisihan ko na yung mga kagaguhang pinagagawa ko while playing in the PBA"?
    LOL Bro you got it wrong, It's Isiah Thomas the current player who's a friend of Terrence Jones not the Hall of Famer former Pistons bad boy

Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    LOL Bro you got it wrong, It's Isiah Thomas the current player who's a friend of Terrence Jones not the Hall of Famer former Pistons bad boy
    Oh sorry. My Bad
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

When will Isaiah Thomas be a free agent? It would be nice if he plays as import in the PBA, nang magkaharap sila ni Abueva. And tiyak pasok sa height limit haha.

IMHO.. CA's M.O. is provoke the opponent, and when opponent had enough and strikes back, play the victim.

Richard Howell is the manifestation of pba team.owners difficulty to get quality imports at their price... As phoenix practically burn away money for this one lol
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

who was the commentator last night? such a shame when he said that slaughter's losing up some pounds was a bad decision. i believe that the extra weight of greg was the culprit for his injuries. he also said that in pba, you need to bulk up says a lot about the state of this league. tsk tsk.

applauding belga for being bulked up makes me scratch my head.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

We’re stuck in the 90s. Slaughter lost weight and gained some mobility but needs to reinvent his game. Look at Marc Gasol:
    https://tv5.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ecoming-raptor

So we gonna ignore Rey Nambatacs 30 point performance? He is a great shooter

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    who was the commentator last night? such a shame when he said that slaughter's losing up some pounds was a bad decision. i believe that the extra weight of greg was the culprit for his injuries. he also said that in pba, you need to bulk up says a lot about the state of this league. tsk tsk.

you adjust according to the rules. di naman sya sa nba naglalaro eh. in the pba, players are allowed to push, pull, grab you. So in its current dinosaur state, strength is more important than skill.

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    you adjust according to the rules. di naman sya sa nba naglalaro eh. in the pba, players are allowed to push, pull, grab you. So in its current dinosaur state, strength is more important than skill.
    Anything goes except clotheslines and obvious shots to the crotch haha

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    the more reason our 2023 world cup team should do away with PBA. the regular foul in PBA is already an unsportsmanlike foul in FIBA. hehehe
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Jesusssss blackwater just demolished nlex 132-106

Craig hodges doing wonders to tnt’s shooting.

SMB should really get an import similar to brownlee, their perimeter guys are very inconsistent. Their big man rotation of jmf-cs-arwind is already enough. Could also help gilas get options for a naturalized wing player.

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post

Draymond Green, credited his new diet and workout regiment in losing 20 pounds midway trough this season, and he has become more lithe and even a better defender against perimeter and post up players.

you could see from start to finish, his level of play and aggressiveness is unwavering and consistent.

So f$ck that theory about being on the heavy side and weighing more to become a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Draymond Green, credited his new diet and workout regiment in losing 20 pounds midway trough this season, and he has become more lithe and even a better defender against perimeter and post up players.

you could see from start to finish, his level of play and aggressiveness is unwavering and consistent.

So f$ck that theory about being on the heavy side and weighing more to become a better player.
    lol even with extra kilos i couldnt muster the strength and the worst cant even lift what i used to..arwind santos didnt need the weight to last in the league
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Finally, June Mar is being challenged. He either has to defend a more athletic import who is almost as tall as him in the perimeter or at the low block, or defend a stretch 4 at the perimeter. The first two games have been duds but I expect SMB is working on finally improving his perimeter defense. They cant hide him as their Zone is easily killed. On the offensive side, I feel his post and footwork are good enough but he might need a bit more upper arm strength to pull off some of his shots against the Terrence Jones, Ibeh of the league.

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast