Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 1228

Thread: 2019 PBA Commissioners Cup

  1. #221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    apparently jones has a bad attitude and thats why he is ex nba. he stombed a homeless guy in front of a cop for no reason
    TNT and import with a bad attitude

    name a more iconic duo

  2. #222
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,265

    Default

    shove to shove, terrence react, calvin reacted..jones wins in the end in this scuffle
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  3. #223
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    shove to shove, terrence react, calvin reacted..jones wins in the end in this scuffle
    thats the problem with abueva. he tries to get in the head of his opponents but the opposite happens.

  4. #224
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wafable View Post
    thats the problem with abueva. he tries to get in the head of his opponents but the opposite happens.
    and phoenix continues to allow him to do that..they didnt learn from the smb series when they won only once..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  5. #225
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    359

    Default

    to be fair smb has

    the best center Junmar
    arguably the 2nd best center standhardinger
    the best 2 way guard Marcio
    the best defensive pass first point guard Ross
    the best crocodile Romeo

    hard to beat them in a series.

  6. #226
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,222
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wafable View Post
    to be fair smb has

    the best center Junmar
    arguably the 2nd best center standhardinger
    the best 2 way guard Marcio
    the best defensive pass first point guard Ross
    the best crocodile Romeo

    hard to beat them in a series.
    SMB also has one of the strongest typhoon players in the league in Arwind Santos
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  7. #227
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,265

    Default

    they dont want cs to be a top c they want him to be the best pf..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  8. #228
    Senior Member xenoloxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,429
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    I think its just because of the rust haha but I still didnt expect a damn blowout

  9. #229
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    9,604
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    shove to shove, terrence react, calvin reacted..jones wins in the end in this scuffle
    i wonder whats the rule on suspension. lets say calvin gets suspended for a month. does this mean he wont receive any salary for one month? how does this work?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  10. #230
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    I think its just because of the rust haha but I still didnt expect a damn blowout
    its expected a lot of windfall of money you know.. and i also think as good as rhodes is.. balkman will still be their import come august
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  11. #231
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    i wonder whats the rule on suspension. lets say calvin gets suspended for a month. does this mean he wont receive any salary for one month? how does this work?
    yes.. should be that way, but team discretion they can still give calvin salary if they are that generous..but i do not think phenix is the type of company would do that despite being the one who lets calvin do his antics and meet his boiling point.. grabe dinaan na lang nincalvin sa sayaw pero pikun na pikon na yan kay jones
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  12. #232
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    i wonder whats the rule on suspension. lets say calvin gets suspended for a month. does this mean he wont receive any salary for one month? how does this work?
    arent those sometimes mentioned like "suspended without pay"

  13. #233
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    9,604
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    yes.. should be that way, but team discretion they can still give calvin salary if they are that generous..but i do not think phenix is the type of company would do that despite being the one who lets calvin do his antics and meet his boiling point.. grabe dinaan na lang nincalvin sa sayaw pero pikun na pikon na yan kay jones
    oh wow that hurts a lot. 70k penalty and no salary indefinitely.

    i even think jones should not be fined or suspended. when jones fell down, calvin just did not give him enough space to get back up. thats rude. hope PBA retracts jones fine and suspension just to add insult to calvin.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  14. #234
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    yes.. should be that way, but team discretion they can still give calvin salary if they are that generous..but i do not think phenix is the type of company would do that despite being the one who lets calvin do his antics and meet his boiling point.. grabe dinaan na lang nincalvin sa sayaw pero pikun na pikon na yan kay jones
    Yeah but he started it. And he's lucky Jones didn't retaliate. Calvin is tough but Jones is BIGGER.

    I wonder how long the suspension is gonna last? The wording is kinda vague. And how are they "rehabilitating" Abueva? Who's gonna evaluate him if his fit to play again?

  15. #235
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    oh wow that hurts a lot. 70k penalty and no salary indefinitely.

    i even think jones should not be fined or suspended. when jones fell down, calvin just did not give him enough space to get back up. thats rude. hope PBA retracts jones fine and suspension just to add insult to calvin.
    the fine to jones is just to please barbaric abueva and pba fans.

  16. #236
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,053
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wafable View Post
    the fine to jones is just to please barbaric abueva and pba fans.
    it is so sad until now, in this day and age, there are still filipinos that still think shallow and mindless things. how can you even support the acts of calvin? the play obviously was not basketball. you cannot justify that.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

  17. #237
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    it is so sad until now, in this day and age, there are still filipinos that still think shallow and mindless things. how can you even support the acts of calvin? the play obviously was not basketball. you cannot justify that.



    they justify it as wag daw magpapaapi sa banyaga. masking barbaric act as being nationalistic. weve always known abueva as a dirty player who intentionally hurt other players with hard fouls. but a clothesline is not a hard foul.

    the hit to the balls was a 2nd motion to the shove and standing over jones. the clothesline abueva did was a full forced attack meant to hurt jones.

  18. #238
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    583
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    it is so sad until now, in this day and age, there are still filipinos that still think shallow and mindless things. how can you even support the acts of calvin? the play obviously was not basketball. you cannot justify that.
    Filipinos are forgiving people-Lee Kuan Yew

  19. #239
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    8,222
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j_diddy View Post
    Abueva is a shame to the Philippines. Regardless of how physical the game was. There's no pride in being dirty. Some people should think of banning him.
    For those who don't consider Abueva as a "dirty" player, who then is dirty?

    I say Abueva should be suspended for no less than a conference in the PBA
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  20. #240
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    For those who don't consider Abueva as a "dirty" player, who then is dirty?

    I say Abueva should be suspended for no less than a conference in the PBA
    rdo,mick back then , mike miranda, james seeeeeeennnnaaa haha
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •