CS
    JC
    Marcio
    PArks
    Parks over Castro?

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
      https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/c...-a793-20190602

It would do well for Phoenix to hire a shrink for Abueva same way Ron Artest had a shrink during his championship years with the Lakers. Abueva reminds me a lot of Artest, both are very talented and can really impact the game with their basketball skills but are very prone to distractions and drama. Really hoping Abueva can still change his ways as I really like his impact on a basketball team. For me, Phoenix has a legit chance of being a contender with him on the roster.

For those saying that Abueva is undersized as a forward, i agree and probably the international game is not for him. But in the PBA, he has the tools to really dominate. I also like his chemistry with his teammates, and their 5-man core (Abueva, Wright, Jazul, Perkins, Chua) looks very promising.
      I admire Phoenix for sticking up to their players. However they really need to discipline Abueva. He was the instigator of the incident which got their head coach tossed out. And I don't think it's good look for their brand to support someone who disrespects women and thinks he's above the rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
        I admire Phoenix for sticking up to their players. However they really need to discipline Abueva. He was the instigator of the incident which got their head coach tossed out. And I don't think it's good look for their brand to support someone who disrespects women and thinks he's above the rules.
        Abueva is just a dirty player. He does not deserve to don the NT colors again. That clothes line he gave the import was done with malicious intent, he obviously planned to do it. What if cooler heads did not intervene? It would have been worst and all because of this dirty player abueva

Comment

• Originally posted by shamuibilog View Post
          Abueva is just a dirty player. He does not deserve to don the NT colors again. That clothes line he gave the import was done with malicious intent, he obviously planned to do it. What if cooler heads did not intervene? It would have been worst and all because of this dirty player abueva
          Apparently he told the table officials to watch what he's gonna do to Jones. This is after Jones retaliated after being taken down by Abueva. The officials are giving him too much leeway. Maybe Alas is right. Everyone who's watching knows what Calvin was doing and gonna do yet they failed to take control of the situation. Calvin should have been ejected earlier.

Anyway at least this conference has my interest. The games has been good so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
            https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/c...-a793-20190602

It would do well for Phoenix to hire a shrink for Abueva same way Ron Artest had a shrink during his championship years with the Lakers. Abueva reminds me a lot of Artest, both are very talented and can really impact the game with their basketball skills but are very prone to distractions and drama. Really hoping Abueva can still change his ways as I really like his impact on a basketball team. For me, Phoenix has a legit chance of being a contender with him on the roster.

For those saying that Abueva is undersized as a forward, i agree and probably the international game is not for him. But in the PBA, he has the tools to really dominate. I also like his chemistry with his teammates, and their 5-man core (Abueva, Wright, Jazul, Perkins, Chua) looks very promising.
            The question is if he's willing to work with a shrink. The reason why it worked for Artest / World Peace was because he wanted it.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
              Parks over Castro?
              Jace can handle his own on the bench and yeah its a tough one but I go for long term in the end and I dont think he will have lesser impact on the bench.. he will still be very vital he will be doing the jimmy role
              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                Jace can handle his own on the bench and yeah its a tough one but I go for long term in the end and I dont think he will have lesser impact on the bench.. he will still be very vital he will be doing the jimmy role
                as much as i want parks to play as pg or sg, we have no choice but to force him to play sf as we need someone to fill the huge hole in that spot whenever gabe is sitting. parks has the decent size and defensive ability to defend taller wings by other countries.
                Attack
                defend
                Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                  a 6'1 athletic combo guard will be a big addition to gilas. cj is like a taller version of jason castro and that's great for us. can't wait to see parks, bolick and cj to shore up our backcourt.

i want our world cup team to be like this:

blatche 6'11, junmar 6'10
                  japeth 6'9, erram 6'7, troy 6'7
                  gabe 6'5, parks 6'4
                  marcio 6'2, pogoy 6'2
                  cj 6'1, bolick 6'1, castro 5'11

this line-up is pretty competitive in skills as well in size. a backcourt of cj-bolick-castro-pogoy-marcio is not short at all. i think, with this line up, we have a fighting chance against angola and can even pull off an upset against italy.
                  that would be a competitive lineup maybe if clarkson got the nod to play local then he can take bolick place.

Comment

• thread for the Gilas team discussion is over here: https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...Vol-IV/page413

Comment

• They just showed the Abueva/Jones incident on Sportcentre Canada as part of its highlights pack. Nakakahiya grabe.

*Cant link the video but its on their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/JayAndDan/

Comment

• Originally posted by Apollo View Post
                        They just showed the Abueva/Jones incident on Sportcentre Canada as part of its highlights pack. Nakakahiya grabe.

*Cant link the video but its on their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/JayAndDan/
                        From this angle I'm not sure Abueva flopped. His reaction was slightly delayed though...
                        Last edited by greenarcher; 06-04-2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                          as much as i want parks to play as pg or sg, we have no choice but to force him to play sf as we need someone to fill the huge hole in that spot whenever gabe is sitting. parks has the decent size and defensive ability to defend taller wings by other countries.
                          hahah so in the end back to his old role...
                          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                            hahah so in the end back to his old role...
                            until, we find someone as good as gabe and get clarkson a clearance, parks should stay as sf for nt purposes.

ps: the reason we are discussing parks to gilas here was because of his so far good showing this commissioner's cup. pba is gilas since majority of its players are pba players save for blatche and clarkson.
                            Attack
                            defend
                            Unite

Comment

• indefinite suspension for abueva + 70k fine

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information