Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: PBA: UAAP All Stars vs NCAA All Stars

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    110
    Country: Philippines

    Default PBA: UAAP All Stars vs NCAA All Stars

    This was considered as the main event in last year's PBA All Star weekend. For some reason it didn't push through (Maybe because no JMF? Norwood?). But had it happened which team do you think has the edge haha.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,621

    Default

    a lot of quality players will be left off the All Star game should the PBA implement the UAAP vs NCAA all stars format. I'm rather interested in having these formats tried instead:

    1.) local universities/colleges (UAAP, NCAA, CESAFI etc) vs. Foreign Educated
    2.) SMC All Stars vs. MVP All Stars (with ROS, ALA, PHX, BW, GP and Columbian distributed evenly among the power blocs)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,148
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Bring back the Asian imports and we can have all-local versus all-import teams.
    It has happened before, RP team versus all-import team which included Alex Compton nung naglaro siya for Welcoat.

    About UAAP All-Stars versus NCAA All-Stars, kailangan pa ata mag-ask ng permission ang TV5 from ABS-CBN when using the words UAAP and NCAA.

  4. #4
    Senior Member mangangalakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,831
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    More Sanchir Tungalag lol
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    110
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Currently it looks like the NCAA has the edge.

    NCAA:

    Castro
    Bolick
    Perez
    Almazan
    Belga
    Nambatac
    Mocon
    Jalalon
    Thompson
    Sangalang
    Abueva?
    Alas

    UAAP:

    Ravena
    Rosario
    Pogoy
    Romeo
    Lee
    Arwind
    Barroca
    Teng
    Torres
    Casio
    Parks Jr.

  6. #6
    Senior Member thatweirdguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,875

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cartman42 View Post
    Currently it looks like the NCAA has the edge.

    NCAA:

    Castro
    Bolick
    Perez
    Almazan
    Belga
    Nambatac
    Mocon
    Jalalon
    Thompson
    Sangalang
    Abueva?
    Alas

    UAAP:

    Ravena
    Rosario
    Pogoy
    Romeo
    Lee
    Arwind
    Barroca
    Teng
    Torres
    Casio
    Parks Jr.
    No love for Amer and Dela Cruz? There are also some pretty good role players from the NCAA like the Semerad twins, Jazul, Racal( true Alaska fans will hate for saying his name), etc

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    110
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    No love for Amer and Dela Cruz? There are also some pretty good role players from the NCAA like the Semerad twins, Jazul, Racal( true Alaska fans will hate for saying his name), etc
    Yah forgot those guys. For UAAP Japeth as well. It's kindda weird to see with all of UAAP's glory, the list makes it look like the NCAA produces more quality players.

  8. #8
    Senior Member hmbopbaduwap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,352
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    More Sanchir Tungalag lol
    sign this dude up Lols


  9. #9
    Senior Member hmbopbaduwap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,352
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leoisiah View Post
    Bring back the Asian imports and we can have all-local versus all-import teams.
    It has happened before, RP team versus all-import team which included Alex Compton nung naglaro siya for Welcoat.

    About UAAP All-Stars versus NCAA All-Stars, kailangan pa ata mag-ask ng permission ang TV5 from ABS-CBN when using the words UAAP and NCAA.



    Pansin ko rin sa coverage ng UAAP and NCAA whenever they show in the monitor a former player that's in the pba now watching they never mentions his team and the league he plays for they just say it as "in the pros"

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    974
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cartman42 View Post
    Currently it looks like the NCAA has the edge.

    NCAA:

    Castro
    Bolick
    Perez
    Almazan
    Belga
    Nambatac
    Mocon
    Jalalon
    Thompson
    Sangalang
    Abueva?
    Alas

    UAAP:

    Ravena
    Rosario
    Pogoy
    Romeo
    Lee
    Arwind
    Barroca
    Teng
    Torres
    Casio
    Parks Jr.
    UAAP list is missing key bigs. In particular, Erram, Slaughter, Aguilar. Belo can also be included, albeit arguably.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    110
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulrenzo View Post
    UAAP list is missing key bigs. In particular, Erram, Slaughter, Aguilar. Belo can also be included, albeit arguably.
    Yes agree! Forgot about Erram, Slaughter. My bad hehe.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,212
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hmbopbaduwap View Post
    [/B]

    Pansin ko rin sa coverage ng UAAP and NCAA whenever they show in the monitor a former player that's in the pba now watching they never mentions his team and the league he plays for they just say it as "in the pros"
    Tv 5 don't needed that anyway.. somewhere from 2006 or 2008 ateneo and LaSalle PBA players actually have alumni game at that time.. remember also the yeo vs Villanueva rivalry there.. so they don't needed that permission to abs cbn.. PBA commentators are mentioning uaap and NCAA in their coverage..

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    413

    Default

    I watched one before, UAAP champions VS NCAA champions. Man, that was memorable! (FEU vs Letran, featuring Glen Capacio for FEU and Samboy Lim on the Letran side). Letran won that one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •