Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1293

Thread: 2019 PBA Commissioners Cup

Quote Originally Posted by kaibooster21 View Post
    If the Villavicencio of Lasalle is the owner of DADS.. Malamang iisang tao yan or magkapatid..
    FilOil Flying V yata yung sa DLSU. Same ba as Triple V? Parang hindi.

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Yeah yung triple V before sa SM?SIla din may ari nun...Im talking about MVP Villavicencio..

Yup sila yan, thats why Oda Tampus become aflying v employee after his la salle years
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    actually, i find tge almazan trade a bad one since meralco has a sure top 3 pick this year's deep pool in the draft. if there is one team that gamble for the almazan trade, it's tnt since it is projected that they will place 9th or 10th in the first round. they should have traded kelly + the draft pick to almazan.
    Yeah considering Almazan's baggage and supposedly this year's strong draft. I would have traded everything but a draft pick though.

Quote Originally Posted by kaibooster21 View Post
    Long time lurker here.. I just wanna add some insights regarding TNT's Petronovela-sque problem.. TNT as a whole, madame masyado talaga palakasan diyan..From Management,Players, Coaches and even utility(madame mayayabang porket nasa flagship team sila ni MVP) people.. First lets talk about the Players, I think their Fil-for are the one controlling the locker room..kaya nga I was not surprised when they traded Mo instead of Kelly eh..Imagine Mo was not getting the minutes that Kelly's getting and yet they expected him to produce numbers.. Kahet nagkakalat na si Williams and mostly throwing bricks every game eh babad na babad pa din..The same case they did to Japeth a few years back.. Tapos magugulat sila once magimprove and magblossom yung player sa other team.. Second are the Management, most of the people na nilalagay nila sa position diyan eh either kamag anak or kaibigan ng higher ups. Virgil Villavicencio(a relative of Vic Vargas) was transfer to TNT from Meralco. That guy, just because malakas siya sa taas, lahat pinapakialaman.. Sinusuka nga yan ng mga taga Meralco dahil sobra nakikialam sa team. Tas pag lipat sa TNT he's doing the same thing.. Lastly the coaches, though most fans/analyst has problem with the setup of Dickel and Ravena, I dont think wala naman masyado issue sa kanila yun especially Bong Ravena..I mean yeah Dickel is really the true coach of TNT and display lang si Ravena dun, but Bong is still earning the Head Coach paycheck and thats basically way higher than assistant coaches salary.. Especially with MVP Group.. Anyway, the real issue for their coaching is the palakasan..Remember the Alab issue before..Nung time na nawalan sila sponsor and everyone thought that MVP group would save them since Jimmy was the one coaching the team.. Alapag actually went to Chot and ask him if MVP can sponsor Alab.. Chot kinda made an excuse that MVP doesnt have the budget blah blah to support them eventhough MVP already told him that if Jimmy ask you, tell him yes..Now why did Chot Reyes do that?Simple..Josh Reyes..If the Aus-Phi brawl didnt happened, malamang hindi si Dickel/Ravena coach ng TNT ngayon or worst after this year Fiba World malamang magretire na si Chot and guess who ang papalit sa kanya..

BTW, Im not making up stories..Lahat yan galing not just sa TNT's Camp but MVP's Camp in general..and that includes Meralco and NLEX..
    great insight to the mess that is MVP group.. MVP group needs an Al frances Chua on there Camp... maybe they should hire someone like a Noli Eala...

what doomed them was the benta trio of Jericho, Terrence and RR , impatience of their development of Mo and being out bid for C Stan. Chot was supposed to be the Al francis now he's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    what doomed them was the benta trio of Jericho, Terrence and RR , impatience of their development of Mo and being out bid for C Stan. Chot was supposed to be the Al francis now he's gone.
    but chot reyes doesn't have authoritative attitude like al chua. chot also is tackless which irks some stakeholders. masyadong maingay, masyadong madaldal.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    but chot reyes doesn't have authoritative attitude like al chua. chot also is tackless which irks some stakeholders. masyadong maingay, masyadong madaldal.
    lol chot cannot subordinate norman black and yeng guiao..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    I think they need to have a sports director like Al Chua of smc.. chot Reyes is the guy to do with.. MVP camp needs a person who will control all of the operations of the MVP teams.. he also know all of the happenings inside at the PBA.. they need that..
    Not exactly. What may be good for the goose may not be applicable to the gander.

SMC's management approach is more traditional - more centric. The company has succeeded over the years with this kind of leadership approach. And it works in their basketball setup with Alfrancis Chua, Henry Cojuangco and Noli Eala running the show. Rene Pardo and Robert Non are part of that SMC structure and have been there for several years already so they understand the ramifications. Even if Chua was a newbie in the organization, they were subservient to the former coach. At SMC, when RSA (and ECJ before) appoints someone to handle a particular section / department, everyone follows. The new guy has the blessing of top management and if Chua feels that Non and Pardo didn't support him, they'd get the axe. But if the new guy doesn't deliver, his head is chopped.

The process worked with Chua because he's a genuinely amiable guy with excellent people skills. Despite being older and more senior, Non and Pardo didn't feel antagonized by Chua's presence. Instead, Chua embraced them and made them part of the decision-making process. Say what you want to say about Chua, but he succeeded as a management guy. Plus the fact that he has chinese blood and that RSA considers him a lucky charm (akin to Chinese culture).

MPIC is much different. It's a more progressive company that relies heavily on the different heads of their respective units. The corporate setup allows them to hire the best talent available in the market and further develops them with management programs for learning and development. Which is why at MPIC, you have several "top dogs" with different collars. They work within the parameters of their respective organizations and work their tails off to succeed - independent from the other groups. There may be some movements made like someone from NLEX going to Maynilad (Ramoncito Fernandez) or Maynilad to Smart (Ricky Vargas) but the setup stays. They are held accountable for their performance in their respective units.

Which is why it's more common to hear of powerplay in the MVP camp. Sometime 8 years ago, there were like 4 different factions in the MVP sporting community - the Gregorio family (Pato, Ryan and Allan) aligned with Vargas, the group where Frankie Lim belongs (I forgot which alliance he was part of back then), the group of Noli Eala and Chot Reyes, and the group of Al Panlilio. All are competent, but they're not aligned working towards one common objective. You may describe it as a "silo" mentality and no one would be blamed for thinking of such. So when you have these top dogs trying to get the attention of MVP, it becomes a tad harder to get them to work as one.

I remember when TV5 was losing money and then President Noel Lorenzana opted to "retire," no one wanted to assume the position. Chot Reyes, who had no broadcast background, volunteered to take over the network with a plan to transform this into a sports network with the hope of reducing costs. Because of Reyes' willingness to run TV5, the position was given to him. A few years after, Reyes himself stepped down with Jane Basas taking over.

So it's not just a case of putting a top honcho to run the entire sporting affairs of the conglomerate. If you notice, the three MVP teams (Meralco, TNT, NLEX) virtually work independently from each other, and, under normal circumstances, one team would benefit from trade movement among these teams (TNT is the primary beneficiary because it's a consumer-based company and not a utility firm where basketball success would translate to marketing dividends). That's the reason why Yeng Guiao would thrive better at NLEX compared to an SMC team because he's given the free hand to run things for his team, just like how he functioned at ROS. But put him under Chua, and while they are good friends, may not exactly work because you don't expect Yeng to be subservient to Chua. Of course, one can argue that Yeng is a politician who can mix well with different people and bosses, but in the end, it's his preference to be in command and accountable for his performance that will make him interested.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    lol chot cannot subordinate norman black and yeng guiao..
    and you think Chua can subordinate Tim Cone rather easily?

At the end of the day Chot/ Chua should not have to subordinate people to make it work. They are just the bridge between the ownership and basketball matters. They handle the roster decisions and the day to day

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    and you think Chua can subordinate Tim Cone rather easily?

At the end of the day Chot/ Chua should not have to subordinate people to make it work. They are just the bridge between the ownership and basketball matters. They handle the roster decisions and the day to day
    Chua knew his role, but knowing chot reyes...

From Twitter

Snow Badua
    I heard a story that Manny V Pangilinan coveted Christian Standhardinger so much that when negotiations to get the precious Kia Picanto pick faltered, he reportedly fired one of the team’s top officials.

Alam ko to nun kaso that time di ako nagtu-tweet

I wonder how much KIA got for CS.... I'm sure whatever amount that was, MVP can afford it.

I wonder how much KIA got for CS.... I'm sure whatever amount that was, MVP can afford it.
    Question is a big Why did SMC got still him?
    Last edited by deviant; 08-20-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    Question is a big Why did SMC got him?
    I think we all know why. Having standhardinger on your team is always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    I think we all know why. Having standhardinger on your team is always a good thing.
    Having him partner with Fajardo is better than going up agad him

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    Question is a big Why did SMC got him?
    Given how sparingly he was used in the All-Filipino and 3/4ths of the Commish Cup (until Cots Leosaurus Rex discovered him in the finals) it was more so that no other team could have him and use him to challenge JMF rather than to use him to his fullest potential.

When a highly recruited player (like Standhardinger ) decides on which team (or group)to join , it isn't purely based on money (who pays more) , but the confidence level of the recruited in seeing himself being happy and fitting well in that organization. Let's face it much of that comes down to relationship, if one feels the person in charge will be a good boss and sees as well the history of older players being treated well (even beyond retirement) , that plays heavily into one decison. (can't blame them)

which is why MVP got mad when they did not get CS. but KIA got tons of cash for CS. imagine if CS and Perez stayed with columbia.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

1million usd daw

Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast