Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1293

Thread: 2019 PBA Commissioners Cup

Quote Originally Posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
    Freaking hell, I don't think the PBA cares about the well being of their players. Whole year with little to no rest, no wonder why some players called up to play for Gilas they're either injured or worn out already. Why they aren't complaining about this?
    some suggest to make it 2 (ROS, BW). marcial initially wanted to change it to 2 conference, but the problem is the sponsors as per him.. hope it will change sooner..

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
    I disagree with this. MVP does not meddle with the player movement in his conglomerate. Just as Ramon Ang with the SMC. They may give suggestions. But both MVP and RSA leave it to their coaches and managers to have the freedom in choosing which players they would acquire and players they would trade away.

That is why both MVP and RSA spending a lot of money in hiring these coaches, staffs and managers to keep their teams competitive.
    Why would he say he expects championships when they got Romeo unless he really really liked it?

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    some suggest to make it 2 (ROS, BW). marcial initially wanted to change it to 2 conference, but the problem is the sponsors as per him.. hope it will change sooner..
    Just a suggestion? It should've been done a long time ago. Having 3 conferences doesn't make sense at all.

Just a suggestion? It should've been done a long time ago. Having 3 conference doesn't make sense at all.
    yep it doesn’t make sense at all.. 6’5 height limit?

my other suggestion about this is february to may (All filipino cup), june-september (fiba season), 3rd week of september to december (Commisioners Cup).

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    yep it doesn’t make sense at all.. 6’5 height limit?

my other suggestion about this is february to may (All filipino cup), june-september (fiba season), 3rd week of september to december (Commisioners Cup).
    Those stupid restrictions and schedule are terrible. No surprise their gate attendance are laughable, they can't modernize their aging league. Why it's called PBA anyway, when it is mostly concentrated in Metro Manila.

For the most part of the series, TNT looked the better team. When they won it was a big lead. When SMB won it was only by the skin of their teeth. Until game 6. All of a sudden TNT couldn't hit the open 3s they made during the past 5 games. SMB didn't really do anything different. There were still open 3s but TNT for some reason couldn't make them. Actually SMB were also missing their 3s. It just so happened that TNT depended on 3s so much that when they didnt go in they couldnt do anything else. Unlike SMB who had JMF and CS who provided inside scoring.

So what happened? Was SMBs defense on TNTs shooters suddenly improved? No. There were still a lot of open 3s for TNT. Were they tired? Well they didnt particulary looked that except for a detail I will go in later. The fascinating thing is it wasn't just TNT missing their 3s uncharacteristically, SMB's shooters were uncharacteristically cold also despite having open looks at 3. They didn' t look tired either but for one detail.

The Smart Araneta Coliseum was a freaking oven yesterday in game 6. The aircon wasn't working in the game 6 of a tightly contested, well attended series. In probably their most well attended game the aircon inexplicably was broken. Players were dripping with sweat after only a few minutes on the floor. Many were slipping after just slight contact. The ball looked slippery too. As Jones
    asked the ref to wipe the ball before shooting his FTs. In my opinion, the combination of a hot humid environment, bodies dripping with sweat, slippery floor and a slippery ball caused the 3pt FG percentage of both teams to drastically drop. The team highly dependent on 3, TNT, was of course much more affected. Their offense conked out without made 3s. Even Jones was missing layups and had to resort to dunks to make sure he made his baskets. The heat and all those dunks probably took a lot on Jones. He was slow running back on defense even in the 1st. He didnt run on fastbreaks. And for the first time his defense was broken down by Standhardinger to the tune of 18pts in 20 plus minutes. The result was the only comfortable win by SMB in the series.

I dont buy that TNT suddeny became unluck in their 3s. The hot stuffy airconless venue caused all 3 pt FG to go down. Dooming TNT.

Just a suggestion? It should've been done a long time ago. Having 3 conferences doesn't make sense at all.
    They did it before with Eala and that was when we were banned from FIBA, suffice to say Eala stepped on alot of toes, tbh that was one of the best eras of the pba, the teams were somewhat equal and almost every game had ot

Those stupid restrictions and schedule are terrible. No surprise their gate attendance are laughable, they can't modernize their aging league. Why it's called PBA anyway, when it is mostly concentrated in Metro Manila.
    Because the bulk of our economy is made up of MM.

Not to disavow Cebu and Davao but MM still dominates the economic output.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

If I were GAB, I would step in, punish Santos heavily and even PBA for giving him a free pass in his blatant act of racism.
    " Bayan Muna Bago ang Sarili "

Who is the GM of TNT? or does MVP group has a single GM for the 3 teams?

TNT had Jimmy, RDO, Larry. Then Sean Anthony, Mo, Alas, Erram. Then Cruz, RR, MGR, Romeo. Thats a decent amount of assets.

I'm surprised no one reacted when Castro pretty much attacked CS and elbowed him in the midsection. Then on the next play fouled Ross to foul out. The game was not yet over at that point and your veteran BPC just gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post

TNT had Jimmy, RDO, Larry. Then Sean Anthony, Mo, Alas, Erram. Then Cruz, RR, MGR, Romeo. Thats a decent amount of assets.

I'm surprised no one reacted when Castro pretty much attacked CS and elbowed him in the midsection. Then on the next play fouled Ross to foul out. The game was not yet over at that point and your veteran BPC just gave up.
    unlike the arwind brouhaha, people didnt go deep on it out of respect for castro in his sacrifices for gilas back then... look at it we have same scenario before back in bulacan right? So who was realky the bad influence for terrence romeo back then?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

One word for Castro: FRUSTRATION.

You can see from his body language. Their shots were not falling. Castro looked tired. Dickel relied heavily on an 7-8 man rotation. And Jason was the only ball creator for the locals.

Gabby Cui is their GM if Im not mistaken.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

TnTs shallow bench drained their star players while austrias bench was a major factor in this long series. Ganoon lang ka simple. The only team that can hang with SMB is a healthy ginebra team. Though not as deep but they have the size to match up with smbs front line. In the back court Ross wouldnt be that dominating on defense over tenorio because of pringles presence. Wala eh sinigurado ni chualay na pang national team lineup nila. For sure with an aging starting five hes cooking up schemes to send his veterans away and acquire the likes of thirdy ravena.

Quote Originally Posted by paulezra View Post
    TnTs shallow bench drained their star players while austrias bench was a major factor in this long series. Ganoon lang ka simple. The only team that can hang with SMB is a healthy ginebra team. Though not as deep but they have the size to match up with smbs front line. In the back court Ross wouldnt be that dominating on defense over tenorio because of pringles presence. Wala eh sinigurado ni chualay na pang national team lineup nila. For sure with an aging starting five hes cooking up schemes to send his veterans away and acquire the likes of thirdy ravena.
    i wouldnt be surprised fajardo will go on don ramon route, go magnolia just for smb to get all the future frp staring from kobe paras..again i like thirdy's game its also not impossible to have ferdinand ravena 2.0 in smb..

the depth was a factor yes but tnt had a day off than smb... they shouldve pound it on game 2.. but terrence romeo happened ( but observe how cs pick and roll game make him wide open thru the defense of heruela and pogoy) 3-0 na dapat yan if not for game 2 and even you give advice to leo and company.. iikli rotation niya when his back is against the wall...and smb will eventually give in.

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    i wouldnt be surprised fajardo will go on don ramon route, go magnolia just for smb to get all the future frp staring from kobe paras..again i like thirdy's game its also not impossible to have ferdinand ravena 2.0 in smb..

the depth was a factor yes but tnt had a day off than smb... they shouldve pound it on game 2.. but terrence romeo happened ( but observe how cs pick and roll game make him wide open thru the defense of heruela and pogoy) 3-0 na dapat yan if not for game 2 and even you give advice to leo and company.. iikli rotation niya when his back is against the wall...and smb will eventually give in.
    If I remember it correctly, Castro also missed 2 big free throws in G2?

I think the biggest mistake of TNT was not posting up Alex and Romeo. Should've attacked them and make work on defense a little bit more. Kaso talagang Houston Rockets for life si Dickel. Kaya Rockets ulit kinuha sa 3rd conf.

2021 pa ba start ng free agent? If SMB offers bong ravena a job, he might accept it. Medyo awkward talaga yung current situation ni bong with TNT. The press and opposing coaches having to refer to him as coach kahit na nakatayo lang sya sa sulok nakatunganga. Baka mapackage deal kay Kiefer.

If I remember it correctly, Castro also missed 2 big free throws in G2?

I think the biggest mistake of TNT was not posting up Alex and Romeo. Should've attacked them and make work on defense a little bit more. Kaso talagang Houston Rockets for life si Dickel. Kaya Rockets ulit kinuha sa 3rd conf.

2021 pa ba start ng free agent? If SMB offers bong ravena a job, he might accept it. Medyo awkward talaga yung current situation ni bong with TNT. The press and opposing coaches having to refer to him as coach kahit na nakatayo lang sya sa sulok nakatunganga. Baka mapackage deal kay Kiefer.
    how the ravenas feel on it, parang insulto talaga eh.. couldve name yuri escueta on it if sandy cannot because of his ateneo, gilas duties..I don' t know the culture within tnt..

My friend a basketball player from UE is a solid dabarkads of Terrence Romeo, told me that Romeo had a problem with the veterans of TNT, had some disagreements with Ryan Reyes, Harvey Carey, Kelly Williams, Jayson Castro. I asked him whats the real score with RR Pogoy cause I thought he was the one na nakaalitan talaga ni Terrence which is surprising kasi sinugal ni Terrence ang Gilas career niya para makiisa na maipagtanggol si Pogoy on Bulacan. I was told na up to now Terrence and Pogoy are still friends. And regarding the Romeo and TNT fallout, Terrence really wanted out of TNT look at his last conference with them against SMB in the playoffs din yun. Romeo was claiming to be injured but he is really not.

As for their management, I notice that they suck on valuing their assets. Their GM is a low basketball geek who is it? Gab Cui? What the hell is a Gab Cui to begin with? They have the tendency of selling low and I think they dont know how to negotiate.

There was a rumor na Kia wanted Kelly Williams for their first pick for CS to, but TNT did not budge? Why? Bakit ang lakas nina Kelly Williams, Ryan Reyes at Harvey Carey to the management? They let go of RDO and Fonacier. Then in the right circumstance they should have let Kelly go if it means na si CS ang kapalit. With that, they would still have Mo and Troy. Imagine CS, Troy, and Mo alternating in their center spots. Thats their first mistake, dapat nagallout sila for CS ibigay niyo kung magkanong under the table na bidding war ang hinihingi milliones ng Kia, since SBP na rin naman ang naginvest kay Cstan na makapunta dito sa Pinas. Then ganon ganon na lang wala na takot ipull ang trigger ayun napunta sa SMB.

I've noticed that they sell low on their key prospects(romeo, ganuelas, Mo, Cruz) but they overvalue their role players (ryan reyes, harvey carey).

On the TR trade, sobrang baba ba talaga ng trade market ni TR para itrade lang sa bench warmers na si Heruela and Dave Semerad? They should have known better. Why not ask for CS since last year hindi nagfifit sa SMB si CS and hindi naman sila nagchampion with him. Why not give Romeo plus 2 first round picks and maybe a Jericho Cruz (former player of Austria) for CS?

And now, the bidding war for Ray Parks, parang tanga. Pinapadaan pa talaga sa Meralco. Stop being scared. Scared money dont make money. Offer blackwater, Pogoy, Heruela plus 2 first round picks for Parks. Hindi na masasabing lopsided yan dahil Pogoy is not some scrub, a gilas legit player. But for a superstar talent like Parks they have to go all in kung gusto talaga nila tapatan ang SMB.

After that, survey the market. Kung may assets pa sila na pwede makakuha ng PG dahil si Castro hingal kabayo na. Then do it!

Taha/Williams
    Rosario/Washington
    Trollano/ Anthony Semerad
    Ray Parks
    Jayson Castro

Offer Alaska perhaps Ryan Reyes plus a 1st round pick in 2026 and 2 future second round picks for Banchero. Banchero is having a money talk problems in Alaska, kug max lang naman ang usapan TNT have all the sources from MVP. And then in next years draft. Look to buy and give millions to whatever team na babagsakan ni Troy Rike.

Williams / Rike / Taha
    Rosario / Washington
    Trollano / Semerad
    Parks
    Castro / Banchero

That team I think can match firepower for firepower vs SMB. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DenzelGreat8 View Post
    My friend a basketball player from UE is a solid dabarkads of Terrence Romeo, told me that Romeo had a problem with the veterans of TNT, had some disagreements with Ryan Reyes, Harvey Carey, Kelly Williams, Jayson Castro. I asked him whats the real score with RR Pogoy cause I thought he was the one na nakaalitan talaga ni Terrence which is surprising kasi sinugal ni Terrence ang Gilas career niya para makiisa na maipagtanggol si Pogoy on Bulacan. I was told na up to now Terrence and Pogoy are still friends. And regarding the Romeo and TNT fallout, Terrence really wanted out of TNT look at his last conference with them against SMB in the playoffs din yun. Romeo was claiming to be injured but he is really not.

As for their management, I notice that they suck on valuing their assets. Their GM is a low basketball geek who is it? Gab Cui? What the hell is a Gab Cui to begin with? They have the tendency of selling low and I think they dont know how to negotiate.

There was a rumor na Kia wanted Kelly Williams for their first pick for CS to, but TNT did not budge? Why? Bakit ang lakas nina Kelly Williams, Ryan Reyes at Harvey Carey to the management? They let go of RDO and Fonacier. Then in the right circumstance they should have let Kelly go if it means na si CS ang kapalit. With that, they would still have Mo and Troy. Imagine CS, Troy, and Mo alternating in their center spots. Thats their first mistake, dapat nagallout sila for CS ibigay niyo kung magkanong under the table na bidding war ang hinihingi milliones ng Kia, since SBP na rin naman ang naginvest kay Cstan na makapunta dito sa Pinas. Then ganon ganon na lang wala na takot ipull ang trigger ayun napunta sa SMB.

I've noticed that they sell low on their key prospects(romeo, ganuelas, Mo, Cruz) but they overvalue their role players (ryan reyes, harvey carey).

On the TR trade, sobrang baba ba talaga ng trade market ni TR para itrade lang sa bench warmers na si Heruela and Dave Semerad? They should have known better. Why not ask for CS since last year hindi nagfifit sa SMB si CS and hindi naman sila nagchampion with him. Why not give Romeo plus 2 first round picks and maybe a Jericho Cruz (former player of Austria) for CS?

And now, the bidding war for Ray Parks, parang tanga. Pinapadaan pa talaga sa Meralco. Stop being scared. Scared money dont make money. Offer blackwater, Pogoy, Heruela plus 2 first round picks for Parks. Hindi na masasabing lopsided yan dahil Pogoy is not some scrub, a gilas legit player. But for a superstar talent like Parks they have to go all in kung gusto talaga nila tapatan ang SMB.

After that, survey the market. Kung may assets pa sila na pwede makakuha ng PG dahil si Castro hingal kabayo na. Then do it!

Taha/Williams
    Rosario/Washington
    Trollano/ Anthony Semerad
    Ray Parks
    Jayson Castro

Offer Alaska perhaps Ryan Reyes plus a 1st round pick in 2026 and 2 future second round picks for Banchero. Banchero is having a money talk problems in Alaska, kug max lang naman ang usapan TNT have all the sources from MVP. And then in next years draft. Look to buy and give millions to whatever team na babagsakan ni Troy Rike.

Williams / Rike / Taha
    Rosario / Washington
    Trollano / Semerad
    Parks
    Castro / Banchero

That team I think can match firepower for firepower vs SMB. Thoughts?
    Very well said. TNT is such a dysfunctional powerhouse team. The new Petronovela.

Kung totoo yung CStan for Kelly, no other words can describe them but BOBO.

well lamang sa talon si kelly williams hahah

Quote Originally Posted by greenarcher View Post
    Very well said. TNT is such a dysfunctional powerhouse team. The new Petronovela.

Kung totoo yung CStan for Kelly, no other words can describe them but BOBO.
    While the SMC teams are stocking on young superstars they keep on adding role players or headcases. And they gave up a lot of assets.

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast