X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
    Mga pre masyado mainit debate sa other thread I’ll post here instead

Credit to coach Austria for maximizing his talent
    Does coach Austria belongs to the top 25 basketball coach in Asia Pacific region?

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
      Governor's Cup na..
      Freaking hell, I don't think the PBA cares about the well being of their players. Whole year with little to no rest, no wonder why some players called up to play for Gilas they're either injured or worn out already. Why they aren't complaining about this?
      #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• If you are serious, we really can’t tell. But in the PBA he is definitely the best coach now. Austria’s job is to win championship for San Miguel not development of players.

Originally posted by tomcat View Post
        Does coach Austria belongs to the top 25 basketball coach in Asia Pacific region?

Comment

• Originally posted by B L A C K S U N View Post
          Freaking hell, I don't think the PBA cares about the well being of their players. Whole year with little to no rest, no wonder why some players called up to play for Gilas they're either injured or worn out already. Why they aren't complaining about this?
          some suggest to make it 2 (ROS, BW). marcial initially wanted to change it to 2 conference, but the problem is the sponsors as per him.. hope it will change sooner..
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
            I disagree with this. MVP does not meddle with the player movement in his conglomerate. Just as Ramon Ang with the SMC. They may give suggestions. But both MVP and RSA leave it to their coaches and managers to have the freedom in choosing which players they would acquire and players they would trade away.

That is why both MVP and RSA spending a lot of money in hiring these coaches, staffs and managers to keep their teams competitive.
            Why would he say he expects championships when they got Romeo unless he really really liked it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
              some suggest to make it 2 (ROS, BW). marcial initially wanted to change it to 2 conference, but the problem is the sponsors as per him.. hope it will change sooner..
              Just a suggestion? It should've been done a long time ago. Having 3 conferences doesn't make sense at all.
              #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

Just a suggestion? It should've been done a long time ago. Having 3 conference doesn't make sense at all.
                yep it doesn’t make sense at all.. 6’5 height limit?

my other suggestion about this is february to may (All filipino cup), june-september (fiba season), 3rd week of september to december (Commisioners Cup).
                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                  yep it doesn’t make sense at all.. 6’5 height limit?

my other suggestion about this is february to may (All filipino cup), june-september (fiba season), 3rd week of september to december (Commisioners Cup).
                  Those stupid restrictions and schedule are terrible. No surprise their gate attendance are laughable, they can't modernize their aging league. Why it's called PBA anyway, when it is mostly concentrated in Metro Manila.
                  #FIRECHOTREYES!!

Comment

• For the most part of the series, TNT looked the better team. When they won it was a big lead. When SMB won it was only by the skin of their teeth. Until game 6. All of a sudden TNT couldn't hit the open 3s they made during the past 5 games. SMB didn't really do anything different. There were still open 3s but TNT for some reason couldn't make them. Actually SMB were also missing their 3s. It just so happened that TNT depended on 3s so much that when they didnt go in they couldnt do anything else. Unlike SMB who had JMF and CS who provided inside scoring.

So what happened? Was SMBs defense on TNTs shooters suddenly improved? No. There were still a lot of open 3s for TNT. Were they tired? Well they didnt particulary looked that except for a detail I will go in later. The fascinating thing is it wasn't just TNT missing their 3s uncharacteristically, SMB's shooters were uncharacteristically cold also despite having open looks at 3. They didn' t look tired either but for one detail.

The Smart Araneta Coliseum was a freaking oven yesterday in game 6. The aircon wasn't working in the game 6 of a tightly contested, well attended series. In probably their most well attended game the aircon inexplicably was broken. Players were dripping with sweat after only a few minutes on the floor. Many were slipping after just slight contact. The ball looked slippery too. As Jones
                    asked the ref to wipe the ball before shooting his FTs. In my opinion, the combination of a hot humid environment, bodies dripping with sweat, slippery floor and a slippery ball caused the 3pt FG percentage of both teams to drastically drop. The team highly dependent on 3, TNT, was of course much more affected. Their offense conked out without made 3s. Even Jones was missing layups and had to resort to dunks to make sure he made his baskets. The heat and all those dunks probably took a lot on Jones. He was slow running back on defense even in the 1st. He didnt run on fastbreaks. And for the first time his defense was broken down by Standhardinger to the tune of 18pts in 20 plus minutes. The result was the only comfortable win by SMB in the series.

I dont buy that TNT suddeny became unluck in their 3s. The hot stuffy airconless venue caused all 3 pt FG to go down. Dooming TNT.

Comment

Just a suggestion? It should've been done a long time ago. Having 3 conferences doesn't make sense at all.
                      They did it before with Eala and that was when we were banned from FIBA, suffice to say Eala stepped on alot of toes, tbh that was one of the best eras of the pba, the teams were somewhat equal and almost every game had ot

Comment

Those stupid restrictions and schedule are terrible. No surprise their gate attendance are laughable, they can't modernize their aging league. Why it's called PBA anyway, when it is mostly concentrated in Metro Manila.
                        Because the bulk of our economy is made up of MM.

Not to disavow Cebu and Davao but MM still dominates the economic output.
                        GILAS WISHLIST:
                        6'8 Pingris

Comment

• If I were GAB, I would step in, punish Santos heavily and even PBA for giving him a free pass in his blatant act of racism.
                          " Bayan Muna Bago ang Sarili "

Comment

• Who is the GM of TNT? or does MVP group has a single GM for the 3 teams?

TNT had Jimmy, RDO, Larry. Then Sean Anthony, Mo, Alas, Erram. Then Cruz, RR, MGR, Romeo. Thats a decent amount of assets.

I'm surprised no one reacted when Castro pretty much attacked CS and elbowed him in the midsection. Then on the next play fouled Ross to foul out. The game was not yet over at that point and your veteran BPC just gave up.

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
                              Who is the GM of TNT? or does MVP group has a single GM for the 3 teams?

TNT had Jimmy, RDO, Larry. Then Sean Anthony, Mo, Alas, Erram. Then Cruz, RR, MGR, Romeo. Thats a decent amount of assets.

I'm surprised no one reacted when Castro pretty much attacked CS and elbowed him in the midsection. Then on the next play fouled Ross to foul out. The game was not yet over at that point and your veteran BPC just gave up.
                              unlike the arwind brouhaha, people didnt go deep on it out of respect for castro in his sacrifices for gilas back then... look at it we have same scenario before back in bulacan right? So who was realky the bad influence for terrence romeo back then?
                              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
                                Who is the GM of TNT? or does MVP group has a single GM for the 3 teams?

One word for Castro: FRUSTRATION.

You can see from his body language. Their shots were not falling. Castro looked tired. Dickel relied heavily on an 7-8 man rotation. And Jason was the only ball creator for the locals.

Gabby Cui is their GM if Im not mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information