This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
    I’m disappointed with both Jones and Dyckel. They deserve to lose and this one’s on them.

The kiwi had only 1 option in his playbook, 1on1 ball. How ironic!
    And there's a reason why the best import is no longer in the nba, dude was lazy on D and made unnecessary switches which led to easy buckets for Smb. Naturalization my ass!

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
      I’m disappointed with both Jones and Dyckel. They deserve to lose and this one’s on them.
      blame on themselves.. they controlled the game and then they collapse..
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Wtf they literally choked

Comment

• Finally Jones realized that he is no James Harden and Jason Castro is no Chris Paul

Comment

• 5 out plays are slowly getting predictable. eh sa alaska pa yang problema na yan. they should have been aware that 5 out will eventually get checked.

from 5 out, they can actually go ballscreen motion instead since it is also basically 5 out formation but with ball movement.
            Attack
            defend
            Unite

Comment

• The last few plays were drawn for Jones. And he did not deliver. Defense was the key for SMB in Game 5. SMB has the deeper local crew. As TJ goes so goes TNT as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamJerusalem View Post
                The kiwi had only 1 option in his playbook, 1on1 ball. How ironic!
                And there's a reason why the best import is no longer in the nba, dude was lazy on D and made unnecessary switches which led to easy buckets for Smb. Naturalization my ass!
                TNT running Rockets offense with Castro Jones as CP3 Harden. Now they're experiencing the same problems as Houston. 4th quarter execution in the playoff/finals series. In a series, the opposing team can scout every play to the tiniest detail. You need to run different sets to keep the opponent guessing.

I really don't get the hate on coach leo. He communicates well with his players, he designates role well and everytime they're in a series, you can see them make adjustments and get better every game esp defensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by trig View Post
                  TNT running Rockets offense with Castro Jones as CP3 Harden. Now they're experiencing the same problems as Houston. 4th quarter execution in the playoff/finals series. In a series, the opposing team can scout every play to the tiniest detail. You need to run different sets to keep the opponent guessing.

I really don't get the hate on coach leo. He communicates well with his players, he designates role well and everytime they're in a series, you can see them make adjustments and get better every game esp defensively.
                  Based on what I read here, the criticism is about only having one main play and its dump the ball to JF.
                  Ofcourse you go to your most efficient play first, just like any other team in NBA that has a dominant player like KD, Harden, Davis, Curry and even Kawhi. The purpose also is to attract double team to open up the shooters.
                  But SMB doesn't just go to JF, they also have double staggered screen on top for their PGs. Down screens for Lassiter. Sometimes Lassiter will screen the man of JF then pop out to open space for three. Similar play with Kylie Korver.
                  And of course their PnR plays.
                  Last edited by zairex; 08-14-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I really don't get the hate on coach leo. he communicates well with his players, he designates role well and everytime they're in a series, you can see them make adjustments and get better every game esp defensively.
                    i still call him dumb coach.. he still is.. i don’t care the amount of championship he has..
                    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Kots leo is the antithesis to many things majority here in ibn believes in:

Foreign is always better
                      New is better than traditional
                      Fajardo is better off being dirk
                      Old ways are no longer relevant

The more kots leo succeeds, the more hate he gets

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
                        Based on what I read here, the criticism is about only having one main play and its dump the ball to JF.
                        Ofcourse you go to your most efficient play first, just like any other team in NBA that has a dominant player like KD, Harden, Davis, Curry and even Kawhi. The purpose also is to attract double team to open up the shooters.
                        But SMB doesn't just go to JF, they also have double staggered screen on top for their PGs. Down screens for Lassiter. Sometimes Lassiter will screen the man of JF then pop out to open space for three. Similar play with Kylie Korver.
                        And of course theur PnR plays.
                        Yeah, there's a reason why you call a player a go-to guy. But its not like just stand around. They run different sets depending on who they want to get a shot. They know exactly what to do when one of the perimeter scorers gets hot.
                        The strategy today was to make Jones work for 3 quarters. JMF was sealing Jones every opportunity he gets. Even when CMc was posting up, JMF cuts and seal. Sorta like a high low play but on strongside. They focused on the inside with only Romeo hitting his perimeter shots. Alex and Von missed shots they normally make.

But I still see TNT as llamado. They have 2 players, Castro and Jones, thats really a mismatch whoever is guarding them. Its upto TNT to make the correct adjustments. CMc is making up the difference in skill with heart. Fighting for every rebound, making crucial blocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                          no, i prefer troy or pogoy. castro has a history of committing dumb errors in crucial minutes, be it in pba or in gilas.
                          Those two are not good shot creators.

Comment

• I'm a critic of Leo because he depends too much on JFs presence for his offense to work. But this game I commend him for actually generating offense without JF.

Dickel should use Taja. Its the second straight game Jones has been tired out from defending JF.

Comment

• TNT should post up Pogoy from time to time when SMB goes small in the 1st 3 quarters so Castro and Jones can rest for a couple of plays

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
                                I'm a critic of Leo because he depends too much on JFs presence for his offense to work. But this game I commend him for actually generating offense without JF.

Dickel should use Taja. Its the second straight game Jones has been tired out from defending JF.
                                Any updates on the status of Kelly? He has really defended JMF well in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information