This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
    theirs a reason why he was left out by houston rockets playoff team. (his defense)
    i think TJ should shed some extra weight or just rip his body. seeing his body, you can tell that he is not yet in nba form. losing some weight will somehow enable him to move quicker.
    Attack
    defend
    Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
      I think no.. he was left out because of injuries and coaching change prior to this.. that's why he was left out in rockets.. his defense is still good (better than harden imo).. he can even defend guards (you see the game Vs SMB when he block Ross twice on isolation) and even wings.. brownlee can't also score to much on Jones (except on 2 pasabit play on Jones).. remember he was best wing scoring import right now on the pba.. so that I think he can defend PNR Vs Korea's game..
      his poor PNR defense is too obvious.. and yes his defense is the reason why he was left out by rockets..

and don't get blinded by jones blocks and hardens steals.. yes they have those numbers doesn't mean they can stop the defender or can defend PnR.. they're still poor defensively.. just like don't get blinded by fajardo's best defensive player of the year award when he's poor PNR defender and poor laterals
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
        As I stated earlier, his defense is suspect and even his motor. Blatche is way better both in offense and defense. Help defense and PnR defense is poor for Jones.
        Originally posted by reamily View Post
        he can jump..but theres a reason why dantoni opted not to sign him for the rest of this season
        Originally posted by ja.he View Post
        d'antoni is a 4 out 1 in guy. he wants his players to shoot from anywhere. terrence jones will not fit on his system. tj is a mchale guy and that's the reason why he gets substantial minutes under kevin mchale.

anyway, legit nba players that played in our country typically have these primadonna and outrageous attitude. blatche, balkman, glen rice jr and tj to name a few.

however, it does not take away anything to terrence jones. he is still scored 17 despite being guarded. if it was your ordinary import, he might perform worse. another thing is the way our players defend here. pba allows physical plays against imports - the reason why we suck so hard in fiba (a normal foul in pba may be an unsportsmanlike foul in fiba). our defensive plays remind me of 80's-90's nba and that was around 20-30 years ago. it is one of the manifestation lagging behind by around 20-30 years now.

what tnt coaching staff can do is to talk with tj put a check on him. brief him about the league and about tnt's system of plays because no matter how good a player is, if the things are not clear, the team will still not succeed.
        Originally posted by robert0326
        Did you follow or watch his game in the NBA? Maybe your basis his game at the pba.. he is still no joke especially on Asian level.. he has basketball iq to compensate his what your called poor PNR defender.. he can defend from guard to center position.. he understands situation and he knows basketball very well.. his level was actually on blatche level.. i'm sorry but I don't see him getting problem on PNR situation of Korea's game
        here my friend.. lots commenting about his poor Defense and yet you’re the only one praising him in terms of defense..

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
          Well Dantoni resorted to a 6'4 pj tucker to play big at times, he had a chance to bring terrence jones to be in his lineup come playoffs. Guess what, he didnt do it. Andy jao and company should press the right buttons so that terrence Jones become the best player he can be with the right attitude, as Glen Rice Jr. was a very good player up until that incident with Pato Gregorio..
          Originally posted by robert0326
          Did you follow or watch his game in the NBA? Maybe your basis his game at the pba.. he is still no joke especially on Asian level.. he has basketball iq to compensate his what your called poor PNR defender.. he can defend from guard to center position.. he understands situation and he knows basketball very well.. his level was actually on blatche level.. i'm sorry but I don't see him getting problem on PNR situation of Korea's game

sigpic

Comment

• I saw 3 foreign kids with Pogoy during his Best Player of the Game interview. Did he adopt them?

Comment

• well see he seems to adjust well to pba physicality as he hits players discreetly
              To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
              1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• One thing TJ has going for him is that he's a better passer than almost anyone initially thought. But other than that, his skillset is really suspect esp. his outside shooting, free throws and perimeter defense.

Comment

• Also, im worried about his fit in our national team. TJ + Japeth combo is a bit small for a starting frontline, although it warrants a second look due to its potential in terms of rim-protection and speed in transition. The haddadi's of the world could take advantage of our post defense, coaching staff needs to come up with a defensive scheme to counter.

Comment

• Another option is to start TJ + JMF, which could turn out to be worse due to JMF's lack of rim protection or any sort of defense in the international scene. TJ will have a hard time covering ground for JMF.

I don't think TJ can effectively stretch the floor for JMF as well but i could be wrong. I can imagine a high-low play with these 2, but other than that set, i can't think of anything else that can be equally efficient.

Comment

• TJ has always been an above average passer but he more times than not plays selfish. He can make the right play/pass/read but wont consistently do it.

Comment

• Speaking of kevin mchale guys, one famous mchale guy was a guy named kg(not canaleta), kg athletic, strong shot blocker, excelllent face up player and good passer... TJ was a beggar version of kg..
                        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Acid test for Parks today as his Blackwater Elite collides with SMB which is expected to come out with all its guns ablaze. SMB for sure would be in a "must-win situation" mode today. Parks' mettle would be tested against SMB's tenacious wing/perimeter defenders like Lassiter, Ross & Santos. Parks has to prove that he possesses the right stuff.
                          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• New Meralco import is worse than Lawal.

Comment

• TnT taking turns to see who can get the most three pointers in a game lmao

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information