Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fenerbahce Beko

15 51.72%
  • Anadolu Efes

14 48.28%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: [2019 F4 Game 1] Fenerbahce Beko - Anadolu Efes

We didn't lose to Efes, we lose to our incredibly stupid and massive injuries,

-Not only we could use Wanamaker's replacement Tyler Ennis on this season, of course that was not enough
    -Last year we had Jason Thompson, not a qualified player for us, but he still played, this year his replacement Lauvergne didn't even play!
    -Datome, one of the most important player of our team didn't play as well, it's like removing Micic or Dunston from Efes!
    -Kalinic and Vesely, they were out of form and they were not ready for this high level game due to not playing in the last 4 or 5 games!

Anyways, we were terribly unlucky and it's still a success to play in F4 when you had the worst luck in EL history in terms of injuries, congratz to my team.

As for Efes, I said we didn't lose to them we lose to our own injuries but they deserved to be in F4, Larkin's abnormal performance and he breaks the F4 PIR record against us, it could be because of our terrible defense, and I think we didn't play good at defense but we can't underestimate his performance. Congratz to Efes as well, since we lost our chance long ago, I hope they win the Euroleague as a Turkish team,

We still have games left to play against Efes if we meet in TBL final, maybe we can get the revenge in there.

Quote Originally Posted by iraz View Post
    Oh my, you are so cocksure! Just the way you were sure of Fener's win
    When did he or any Fener fan said ''it was sure''? Didn't you see the massive injuries we've suffered? Let's see what CSKA will do without De Colo or Rodriguez
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019 Turkish Cup Champion ---
    ---1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---
    ---2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
    --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ataman34 View Post
    I knew Ataman would win easily with foreigner referees , in Turkish league all of Basketball federation is fener fans and ex fener players, Hedo was upset as federation president in the stands, but it was 2 Turkish teams playing.
    Oh Really? Then why did Efes lose 84-66 to us in the Euroleague regular season?

And now we know one thing for sure - the 1st place in the RS is cursed!
    Yes, that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    He is so "outdated" but Fener was on fire and dominant in almost every match except this one.
    People get serious. Are you judging Obra just watching a loss of Fener after so many injuries?
    Adon is objective as always, this is one of the rare objective greek fans in here.

We finished the regular season at no.1 place and we won more games than any other team but we lost one game and our game has become outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Well, 1 out of 6 for Obradovic since he came to Fener. With a top budget. And the one title was in their home court. I have been saying it for years that basketball has changed. Other coaches have caught up.

Congrats to Efes!
    Home court? Madrid was in the home court too and they lose to CSKA yesterday if you use that same country logic, Sinan Erdem isn't our home court, it's Ülker Arena.

CSKA lose to Baskonia in homecourt 2005, how playing homecourt changes things drastically again? And it wasn't even Ülker Arena, it was Sinan Erdem.

We won in 2017 because we had talented players like Bogdan and Udoh, now they went to NBA.

We lost more important players than all of our rivals combined ; Bojan, Nemanja, Bogdan, Udoh, Wanamaker etc. and we are still playing in the Final Four. We probably continue to lose more players to NBA than our opponents will but we will still play in the next Final Four, one game lost due to massive injuries doesn't mean we are not successful.

As for not winning, Obra didn't even join Final Four 5 times in Panathinaikos, missed it 5 times! And you think he was successful when he didn't even play in the Final Four?

With Obra we played 5 final four in 6 seasons... If we play Final Four in 2020, that will be the same number that Pao has (6) in 11 seasons.

Do the math : 5 final four in 6 seasons with Fener > 6 final four in 11 seasons with Pao
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL
    ---1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 Turkish League Champion ---

Oh my, you are so cocksure! Just the way you were sure of Fener's win
    Stop talking from ur ass...

Quote Originally Posted by iskoch View Post
    Normally I'd support Efes tonight but I can't support a team which I know that will beat my team in F4 just because of it's a Turkish team or I like it...

I support Efes since childhood but why should I want Fener to get beaten in semi-final?
    Barcelona is a very easy opponent for us, so hope to get Barcelona.
    Good luck Barca...

Edit: Unfortunately, Efes will win I think. But also, we shouldn't underestimate the fact that Efes can always find a way to lose...
    Start celebrating already man, you will be in final.
    We have no chance against you unfortunately in SF...
    I am playing the game in my mind and i see my team struggling in offence while individual shows by larkin and beaubois destroying us...
    It will be a close game but in final minutes your stars will win the game by 7-8 points...
    I didn't like what we played last 2 months also.
    Expected to see the team in a higher level but when u don't have a single player that can play in higher standards,
    It doesn't happen...

We will finish the series in Kaunas but I can't see us beating Efes.
    Good luck to Efes in final.
    Bring the cup back to Turkey...

Edit: I hope who suspects can understand that I am %100 objective about Fener. I was always objective when flatterring the team as well...
    Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Teams who win the Final Four are the ones who are in their best shape during the right time. Efes is in better shape than Fener in this Final Four. Real and CSKA are also in very good shape. This is why we had a great semi-final between them. Only one team can win. Out of all teams, Fener was the team in the worst shape during this time of the year. The fact that Fener players could not comprehend being eliminated by Efes in semi-final also was a factor.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SaliH View Post
    Congrats to Efes for the well deserved win and their amazing season. Now for them it’s time to finish the fairy tale in style and after that Levenspiel to dance completely naked in the middle of Taksim square showering himself in Efes Pilsen beer.
    thank you for the tip! Never in Taksim though, as long as I'm still straight.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post

Do the math : 5 final four in 6 seasons with Fener > 6 final four in 11 seasons with Pao
    In 2003 and 2004 Pao had a small budget. We played in a small arena due to the preparation for the Olympic Games in Athens. Also, Pao was arguably one of the best teams of Europe some seasons (2008 and 2010) when they did not make the Final Four. But due to the competition format back then the team under-performed. With this format and best of five play offs PAO would have had a couple more Final Fours.

Be that as it may, I agree that Fener lost key players in Bogdanovic, Bjelica, Udoh etc. But if Obradovic' reputation serves him right, he is that good of a coach who can overcome that and still become the best team in Europe. In reality, he was the best coach of the previous generation, Messina, Renesses, Giannakis, Ivanovic, Gherson, Ioanidis, Maljkovic etc. I leave out only Ivkovic. But nowadays he is one of the best.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
    As a both Efes and a Fener fan I felt this game was a testament to inevitability of European Basketball's decadence.
    A newly congragated team with a fine talent-level team playing pseudo-Rockets basketball can prevail over a well-established team with Euro fundamentals with the legendary coach at helm.
    best comment.

yesterday, rigid euro-basket lost to hungry college kids. my team bored me to death, all players looked like they were playing in Zadar Cup rather than F4. a well deserved victory for Efes.
    sex, droga i bodiroga.

Quote Originally Posted by drskull View Post
    best comment.

yesterday, rigid euro-basket lost to hungry college kids. my team bored me to death, all players looked like they were playing in Zadar Cup rather than F4. a well deserved victory for Efes.
    I see the point here, Efes is gonna play the title game with 9 new players from being dead-last only 12 months ago. That's strange, and kinda worrying maybe.
    but if the solid-Euro team played well, they wouldn't have lost (at least this badly) to college kids. Yesterday, hungry kids played a better bball overall, not only run & shot well.

I think RS is overrated, esp with a F4 format in the end. Fener thought they were better than they actually are, even if we give them a pass for the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I see the point here, Efes is gonna play the title game with 9 new players from being dead-last only 12 months ago. That's strange, and kinda worrying maybe.
    but if the solid-Euro team played well, they wouldn't have lost (at least this badly) to college kids. Yesterday, hungry kids played a better bball overall, not only run & shot well.

I think RS is overrated, esp with a F4 format in the end. Fener thought they were better than they actually are, even if we give them a pass for the injuries.
    I am not calling them college kids because of any unorganized basketball whatsoever. because they are hungry.

Fener overcame more serious injury plagued times. injuries are not the reason. even with a full roster we couldn't beat Efes with that attitude. Fener is better actually, but like you pointed out, overconfidence cost us the game.

anyways it is better losing to Efes in the semi than getting denied at the final again and again. Hope Ataman finally gets the trophy that he wanted for years. Heck even making it to the f4 changed him drastically, if he wins the cup I am sure he will go full mr nice guy. there is some sexual tension between Ataman and the EL title lol.
    sex, droga i bodiroga.

Strangely underwhelmed Efes fan here. Even my other half was like "Aren't you happy? Your team just go to the final! Are you sure you're ok?" It just seemed all too straightforward I've had difficulty taking it all in!

To be honest I think just getting to the Final Four after all these years of disappointment was such a relief (and one I did celebrate) anything else that follows on from it is a bonus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tevfik1907 View Post

With Obra we played 5 final four in 6 seasons... If we play Final Four in 2020, that will be the same number that Pao has (6) in 11 seasons.

So....you really believe going to the F4 without winning is success? to each their own.

Congrats to Levenspiel! I'm glad that his team finally has such a success, I will cheer you in final (though I think that CSKA will win).

Interesting fact in Obradovic era in Fenerbahce: 2015 - elimination by a huge margin in SF, 2016 - elimination by one point in final, 2017 - win the trophy, 2018 - elimination by a small margin in final, and 2019 - elimination by a huge margin in SF.

So, it's SF - F - Trophy - F - SF

Here we had some Fenerbahce fans and they predicted easy victory for their team, well, you don't have shooting night like you had in Kaunas and you lose as I expected. No more crazy Dixon and his threes, no more Guduric and his threes.

And absence of two players is not an excuse.

@ByThor - leave him alone, please . He is not known for his wisdom, and this - one of the four or five most rich clubs is always there in F4. Wow! What a success! So is CSKA, so what?

The problem here is that RS and F4 are two totally different formats, and the coaches have to quickly reorganise all the preparation for the 2 last games.
    The team at the 1st place in the RS rightfully thinks they are the best team, but then comes the F4, and suddenly it's another story absolutely. IMO, that played a bad joke with CSKA when they were dominating during the season and after that collapsed in the F4, where even the criteria of refereeing are different.
    To win in the F4 the team must be super motivated and hungry, which obviously was not the case with Fener yesterday.

Actually, I think Fener played well until maybe halfway into the third quarter, after that they just didn't have proper the personnel. Not much Fener can do when the opposition can drain contested threes after dribbles. The passion Fener did not display could very well be attributed to the desperation and disillusionment due to the barrage Efes unleashed.

All the analyses must, in the end, must converge to the fact that Efes had a more talented team and "talent" seem to be getting more and more important in Euro-ball.

RS could be deemed overrated if we choose to perceive solely the rankings. Looking closely, however, only a few wins seperate teams from 1st and, let's say, 4th place and that Fener had to put inhumane levels of effort to beat CSKA or Real.
    The Real-Fener game in Madrid showed that, without that inhumane effort, Real could blow out Fener ostensibly without so any effort. Many Fener fans argued here that, that game had not mattered.

But it showed Fener's defects very well. Mostly in the "talent" department.
    poof

Quote Originally Posted by Deschain View Post
    Actually, I think Fener played well until maybe halfway into the third quarter, after that they just didn't have proper the personnel. Not much Fener can do when the opposition can drain contested threes after dribbles. The passion Fener did not display could very well be attributed to the desperation and disillusionment due to the barrage Efes unleashed.

All the analyses must, in the end, must converge to the fact that Efes had a more talented team and "talent" seem to be getting more and more important in Euro-ball.

RS could be deemed overrated if we choose to perceive solely the rankings. Looking closely, however, only a few wins seperate teams from 1st and, let's say, 4th place and that Fener had to put inhumane levels of effort to beat CSKA or Real.
    The Real-Fener game in Madrid showed that, without that inhumane effort, Real could blow out Fener ostensibly without so any effort. Many Fener fans argued here that, that game had not mattered.

But it showed Fener's defects very well. Mostly in the "talent" department.
    I thought Fener could not impose anything they wanted since minute 1 in the game. They should/would have stayed cool vs any "unleashed" player, that's why you're a system team. Micic & Larkin attacked the rim at will and there was no stopping them. This is what I expected the game plan would be, but I did not expect it to work so easily all game long.

RS is overrated imho in the way you mentioned. Fener had the top ranking (for like the entire season), but it did not really show it when they faced tough teams, which was blissfully ignored as not being concentrated enough.

On this season we played too much depending on the 3pts percentage, when we've around %25-30 3pts percentage, we were always in trouble, our usual and expected 3pts percentage was %40 on the regular season, and the same in the playoffs,

And we played with %28 on this game, Guduric 0/3, Bobby 0/3 was very disappointing for us. And we already have problems with injuries, (Not only Lauvergne, especially Datome's absence was a huge blow as well).
    Last edited by Tevfik1907; 05-19-2019 at 12:48 PM.
    FENERBAHÇE BASKETBALL

I said a long time ago that Datome is the only irreplaceable player in Fener. But, I hoped that this time considering this season games Guduric could step up and replace him.
    Unfortunately, I was right, Datome is one and only. But, to be honest even with him I am not sure we could win the title. Injuries destroyed us this time.

I am just back to Baku from Vitoria...
    I was very happy after that SF.
    Main reason we won the game, because we wanted more.
    Also Larkin and Micic duo had great game. They both scored 55 points, where Fenerbahce scored 73 in total...
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011