View Poll Results: Who is your favorite to the title?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fenerbahce

8 25.81%
  • CSKA Moscow

3 9.68%
  • Real Madrid

13 41.94%
  • Anadolu Efes

7 22.58%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [2019 F4 Vitoria] Fener-CSKA-Real-Efes

Default [2019 F4 Vitoria] Fener-CSKA-Real-Efes

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/8ql...gue-final-four

At least, good news for Baskonia.

some one please keep that woman home

5th f4 in spain since bertoclown took charge of euroleague.
    In the meantime maccabi,csska,panathinaikos,olympiakos have won 13/17 trophies and israel,russia,greece have hosted only 1 f4 each. Seems legit. Btw last f4 in spain was 2015, israel 2004,russia 2005 and greece 2007

Maybe f4 2020 will be held by constantinople. 3 years until then (2017 last one) will surely be such a long time
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    5th f4 in spain since bertoclown took charge of euroleague.
    In the meantime maccabi,csska,panathinaikos,olympiakos have won 13/17 trophies and israel,russia,greece have hosted only 1 f4 each. Seems legit. Btw last f4 in spain was 2015, israel 2004,russia 2005 and greece 2007

Maybe f4 2020 will be held by constantinople. 3 years until then (2017 last one) will surely be such a long time
    You underestimate the fact that there are more spanish teams and cities that participate in the Euroleague than Israel, Russia, and Greece.

There is Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Vitoria, Malaga. On the other hand you only have Tel Aviv, Athens and Moscow. Pireus doesn't really have a stadium to host a Final 4.

I'm not even counting in other important factors like the fact that there is higher probability of someone traveling to a "better" (more touristic) destination than Moscow.
    They tried Milan and it failed miserably. If Oly wasn't in London, the stadium would be empty

So yes, it actually seems legit

Grat news, Spain deserved another FF after so long . In the last 25 years old, Spain has hold the FF 5 times (Zgz 1995, Bcn 2003 and 2011, Mdr 2008 and 2015, and now Vitoria 2019).

Buesa Arena is one of the greatest court in Europe, but I would have chose Kaunas. Vitoria for 2020. By the way, Basque Country is a great place to go.
    Last edited by Mr Chacho; 05-15-2018 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paspalj View Post
    You underestimate the fact that there are more spanish teams and cities that participate in the Euroleague than Israel, Russia, and Greece.

There is Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Vitoria, Malaga. On the other hand you only have Tel Aviv, Athens and Moscow. Pireus doesn't really have a stadium to host a Final 4.

I'm not even counting in other important factors like the fact that there is higher probability of someone traveling to a "better" (more touristic) destination than Moscow.
    They tried Milan and it failed miserably. If Oly wasn't in London, the stadium would be empty

So yes, it actually seems legit
    Yeah sounds legit arranging a f4 in a city without airport,that the nearest airport is one hor away (bilbao) in which you go through brussels or zurich idk (at least from greece) unless you have a chapter flight and many more. The fact that many spanish teams participate in euroleague is a scandal itself. Why should spain have 4 teams and russia or greece have only 2? Why israel only one team?
    Spain hosted a f4 3 years ago and hosts every 3 or 4 years the f4. Does germany have so many teams and has also hosted 2 f4's during these years? Its just the fact that eurocircus is a rigfed league sponsored by turks and organized by spaniards in which league only greeks,russians and israelis win. And thtas gonna keep on happening no matter how many f4 bertoclown will arrange in spain or constantinople.

Spain has 4 teams in football champions league but i dont think that fifa is hosting finals in spain because they have many teams. Same with italy,england,germany etc. Maybe they dont have appropriate stadiums in these countries according to yoy
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Yeah sounds legit arranging a f4 in a city without airport,that the nearest airport is one hor away (bilbao) in which you go through brussels or zurich idk (at least from greece) unless you have a chapter flight and many more. The fact that many spanish teams participate in euroleague is a scandal itself. Why should spain have 4 teams and russia or greece have only 2? Why israel only one team?
    Spain hosted a f4 3 years ago and hosts every 3 or 4 years the f4. Does germany have so many teams and has also hosted 2 f4's during these years? Its just the fact that eurocircus is a rigfed league sponsored by turks and organized by spaniards in which league only greeks,russians and israelis win. And thtas gonna keep on happening no matter how many f4 bertoclown will arrange in spain or constantinople.

Spain has 4 teams in football champions league but i dont think that fifa is hosting finals in spain because they have many teams. Same with italy,england,germany etc. Maybe they dont have appropriate stadiums in these countries according to yoy
    Well, next year the final will be in Wanda Metropolitano, just 9 years after Santiago Bernabéu. Also England or Germany has hold it twice this decade.

So, if you watch handball, your brain is going to explode. The FF is always in Germany, Köln if I am not mistaken. Or in rugby is hold only in a 6th nation country until this year, which is going to be hold in Spain.

Why does saras care so much where the Euroleague Final 4 will be played next year? I though that his team have already quit this Turkish sponsored and Spanish organized rigged competition so why does he even care?
    Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
    Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

F4 2020 should be in Zagreb or Sarajevo

Vitoria have an airport, and Bilbao have another. Bilbao and San Sebastian are close to Vitoria. In the big cities sometimes the airport is to 45 minutes, and sometimes your hotel is so far, so I don't see any problem with Vitoria.

Vitoria is basketball city, the atmosphere will be better than any of the other big cities (I was in the final four in Athens, Madrid and Barcelona), now will be more special, you will see. Sometimes when you are in a big city which host the final four, nobody knows about the event...

Maybe you don't know, but in 2001 the FIBA final four was in Vitoria and Baskonia chose the ULEB and lost their final four. Nobody deserved more than Vitoria this final four.

And I don't care about the countries. For Vitoria or Baskonia a final four in Barcelona means nothing, and for Madrid the same about Vitoria.

Quote Originally Posted by SaliH View Post
    Why does saras care so much where the Euroleague Final 4 will be played next year? I though that his team have already quit this Turkish sponsored and Spanish organized rigged competition so why does he even care?

Quote Originally Posted by jonga View Post
    Vitoria have an airport, and Bilbao have another. Bilbao and San Sebastian are close to Vitoria. In the big cities sometimes the airport is to 45 minutes, and sometimes your hotel is so far, so I don't see any problem with Vitoria.

Vitoria is basketball city, the atmosphere will be better than any of the other big city (I was in the final four in Athens, Madrid and Barcelona), now will be more special, you will see. Sometimes when you are in a big city which host the final four, nobody knows about the event...

Maybe you don't know, but in 2001 the FIBA final four was in Vitoria and Baskonia chose the ULEB and lost their final four. Nobody deserved more than Vitoria this final four.

And I don't care about the countries. For Vitoria or Baskonia a final four in Barcelona means nothing, and for Madrid the same about Vitoria.

Congratulations jonga, I am sure Vitoria will be great host

Vitoria is awesome, and plane tickets are cheap

I am disappoint. I don't fly so I hoped it would be closer to Berlin. Truth be told though the only places close enough to go by train would be Paris, Prague, Ljubljana, Zagreb or Milano. Maybe even Lithuania

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Congratulations jonga, I am sure Vitoria will be great host
    Thanks!

Vitoria and the Basque Country are beautiful, and have a great gastronomy. As I said the atmosphere will be special in and small city, basketball everywhere.

Baskonia organized some Spanish Cups, and the city have Azkena Rock Festival which some editions have 30.000 people. Vitoria is small but have other cities close, so with Bilbao and San Sebastian no problem about the hotels. And about the airports there is one in Vitoria and another in Bilbao.

According to sdna.gr there were no people from turkish airlines during bertomeu's interview cause they are not happy with the selection of vitoria to host the next f4 and the hosting city will soon be changed
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

According to sdna.gr there were no people from turkish airlines during bertomeu's interview cause they are not happy with the selection of vitoria to host the next f4 and the hosting city will soon be changed
    Actually the article says that it's difficult for the hosting city to change and adds that "but when sponsors are involved, you never know" which is a completely subjective remark by the author.
    He later provides the example of London which was changed after the abysmal attendance which means there is no connection between the two cases.

Maybe Mongol Tourko Airlines are trying to push for a Constantinopoulis 2019 Final 4 again...
    Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
    Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Quote Originally Posted by SaliH View Post
    Maybe Mongol Tourko Airlines are trying to push for a Constantinopoulis 2019 Final 4 again...
    if not 2019,then 2020 for sure.
    anyway,the reason turkish airlines disagrees with vitoria is the fact that there are not flights from big cities in europe to vitoria and the minor airports around the city do not have connection with turkish airlines aircrafts. so its not a small deal if that what most would believe.
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

The host will be Vitoria at 100%.

Turkish Airlines flight to Bilbao, this airport is 45 kms away, for example the Athens airport is 42.5 kms away from the city.

About the five spanish teams. Unicaja won the Eurocup, this season there will be four spanish teams and three turkish teams, and the season before there were also four spanish and three from Turquey.

Zenit, Unics, Kuban at the same level of Baskonia, that was a good joke, being Baskonia last seasons at the same level of for example PAO. That teams are not better than Valencia and Unicaja. Last season the Eurocup final was Unicaja-Valencia, and this season finished 9th and 11th in the euroleague. This season only one russian team played the Eurocup final, the others lost in quarterfinals against Reggio Emilia and Bayern. Maybe Reggio Emilia and Bayern are also better than Valencia and Unicaja, and at the same level of Baskonia

The airport in athens is not 42kms away from the city. Maybe thats it for the point thats most far away from it, but definetely not that far as jonga said. Maybe he googled something like that to make a point. I googled as well though the distance from bilbao airport to city of vitoria and the result was 72kms. On the other hand athens airport has subway starting from the airport and in 25-30 minutes you reach syntagma and monastiraki in the heart of athens. Of course you reach city of athens much faster. My problem with vitoria is not the city, its the country. Spain will host the 5th final4 in 16 years, while there are countries and stadiums that can host the f4 as well. Its a scandal that israel, greece and russia have only hosted 1 f4 each during the same time or kaunas hasnt hosted a single one
    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast