No announcement yet.

2019 U19 World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some interesting results here, in Group B besides the brilliant Mali win over Latvia, Canada edged Australia despite fielding a team which is far from its best possible. In Group C Russia was upset by scrappy Argentina in an OT battle, while Greece beat Philippines in a game closer than the final result shows. PHI lost Edu early in the game for injury.

Sometimes very poor quality streaming (USA-NZL almost impossible to watch).

Comment

Who's missing from Canada apart from Barrett?
      I know Australia are missing Green and Maker and there are some other questionable roster choices.

Comment

Originally posted by reptilia View Post
        Who's missing from Canada apart from Barrett?
        I know Australia are missing Green and Maker and there are some other questionable roster choices.
        Emanuel Miller, Cashius McNeilly, Andrew Nembhard, Addison Patterson, from 2018 U18/17 teams.

Comment

Mikhailovskii with a triple double against Greece
          20+13+12

Zagars is not playing for Latvia because of injury? he didn't recover from the surgery?
          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
            Mikhailovskii with a triple double against Greece
            20+13+12
            Any info on him?? I see he is having some playing time in VTB league, anybody seen him playing??

Comment

Originally posted by carlo View Post
              Emanuel Miller, Cashius McNeilly, Andrew Nembhard, Addison Patterson, from 2018 U18/17 teams.
              Lest we forget that RJ Barrett is still eligible to play as well. But no one really expected him to participate this year.
              There are also 4 or 5 2nd Tier players missing that are good enough to have a role on this team, but the names above are the main missing pieces. This isn't really a great age bracket for Canada especially when considering the 2017 Gold Medal team was missing Shai Alexander Walker, Nickeil Alexander Walker, Simi Shittu, Ignas Brazdeikis, Luguentz Dort & Jaelin Llewellyn.

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post

Zagars is not playing for Latvia because of injury? he didn't recover from the surgery?
                He recovered, but it was estimated that he was not ready enough and that it would be much more useful to focus on training and physical strength this summer.

Comment

Argentina with another win, against Greece. Marcos with 17pts (5/7). Another good news is that Bolmaro is back, after suffer a injuring against Russia.
                  Argentina clinch #1 spot in group C, but I think that Russia was the better team here.

Comment

New Zealand-Lithuania is the upset of the day, Argentina a true surprise and Russia at same level. Though clear winner, US team was battered at rebound by Senegal, btw what's up with Mobley, is he injured?

Knockout round of 16 from tomorrow, most interesting on paper should be LTU-AUS, NZL-MLI, GRE-FRA and latin-american duelers ARG-PUR.

Comment

Now I saw there wasnt eliminated teams ,until now played due opponent i 16/finals .Doesnt sense .

Comment

Saw the US play earlier and I wasn't impressed. One of the worst US junior teams I've seen in years. They're not very efficient on offense, can't shoot from the outside, and they're porous defensively. If Senegal weren't so careless with the ball and shot better from the outside, the US would've been in serious trouble. Even the things we're traditionally good at (transition basketball, creating TOs, and offensive rebounding), this team struggles to put it together. Unless they pick up the play, this US squad isn't winning gold this year.

Comment

Greece has some decent players in Arsenopoulos, Rogavopoulos, Karambelas and Sotiriou but the coach (Kastritis) is useless. The team depends on hail Mary three's because they play without any systems.

Up by 16 points against Argentina yesterday after 25 mins..ended up losing by 5.
                          Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                          Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

Originally posted by Federoy View Post
                            Saw the US play earlier and I wasn't impressed. One of the worst US junior teams I've seen in years. They're not very efficient on offense, can't shoot from the outside, and they're porous defensively. If Senegal weren't so careless with the ball and shot better from the outside, the US would've been in serious trouble. Even the things we're traditionally good at (transition basketball, creating TOs, and offensive rebounding), this team struggles to put it together. Unless they pick up the play, this US squad isn't winning gold this year.

Kinda agree. Not overly strong inside and lacking shooting, but still have outstanding length in most positions. Some of USA guards are really tall with long wingspans and they still a leading team in efficiency. However, they're one of the worst rebounding, shooting threes teams. So it's interesting. Knock out stage should be fun.
                            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                            Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Any comments on Mali? I see this country for the first time in basketball (and in sports generally) and they are good. Not a typical no-brainer African team. They ended 3rd in the group (could be better) but got lucky with a draw and will face New Zeland (the best possible 2nd place to match up) and then (if win) Argentina as the easiest opponent who won a group. So Mali has good chances to reach a semifinal.

Comment

I wrote comment after game against Latvia . I watched also them against Canada .They have excellent pg Kanoute,small,quick, inteligent,with good control of pace, pf Koulibally had good dribble ,good physical abilities ,like mostly players of Mali,long and quick hands ,speed,they close rim,domination in rebound,counter attack and breaking in one of the quarter opponents .

About game Serbia-France ,I want to write some remarks . Every year Serbia in youth competitions,looks almost same . Play by template,luck of creativity,some individuals which have some partial qualities ,good team rebound ,solid defense,problem with shoots ,compact team,smuggling play and good forced results .France had problem with shoots and on pf and center is obvious luck .But,in France there are some very talented players which have more talent than Serbian players .Ayayi made 32 points ,Pecarski scorred 28 ,but if again played game ,Ayayi again scorred similar number of points but Pecarski maybe didnt .For example,Dimanche play 5 minutes average in Chalon or Cholet,i didnt sure ,but Pecarski didnt play almost nothing in Partizan .Or Ayayi have had 16 points on college,Petrusev had 6 points in college .Due all what i wrote ,Serbia maybe will be better placed than France ,but when time come for that players in senior national team,France will have 3 players ,but Serbia will have 2 players from this generation ,and that is systematical problem of Serbia .

Its obvious ,Serbia cant to be even close by quickness with France ,22 turnovers and most of them are when France raised up quickness in defense . And crucial period was ,beginning of 4rth quarter when Serbia had seriesof turnovers, but France follow in faults .

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information