2019 U19 World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemanja View Post
    I congratulate win,but probably even you are surprised .How Lithuania played untill this game ,it was very problematic,I was critical on Serbia,but even I thought we will win you .
    We didn't get the best of our team, plus one of the team leaders (Giedraitis) got injured, he played today, but he sees that he is in a bad shape, struggles with pain and always the ball is round in the sport , so I thought the odds were equal.

Comment

Originally posted by G&B View Post
      We didn't get the best of our team, plus one of the team leaders (Giedraitis) got injured, he played today, but he sees that he is in a bad shape, struggles with pain and always the ball is round in the sport , so I thought the odds were equal.
      IMO Serbia had a better roster on paper (because Letuva had major absences) but from the little I watched them they were struggling because they didn't have a proper PG, I admit I've seen very little of them but I saw that they were a very tall team, their guards were tall too, Paunovic and Trifunovic and while the 2nd is a very interesting talent, they had big trouble to move the ball, so the bigs that were their biggest weapon didn't get feed enough.

Comment

I congratulate win,but probably even you are surprised .How Lithuania played untill this game ,it was very problematic,I was critical on Serbia,but even I thought we will win you .
        Its not the first or second time Lithuania suprised Serbia in youth or men tournaments.If after all our nations battle on basketball couart over 2decades,you still come and say Lithuania dont have realistic chance to win ale we would be some kind middle level team...thats disrespect you showing to basketball nation,most likely your young boys was thinking similiar things ...Lithuanian basketball school boys always have a chance on basketball couart : they play tough,together,smart basketball and will not beat themselfs.

We have one bad game against New zealand and lost in last minute in group, 3 querters we were giving figth to Usa and beat Australia in 1/8 convincigly.We werent that bad,yeah Serbia was a favorite,but not like huge favorite maybe % wise 65-35,but not like 90-10 reading your comments you could believe.
        Last edited by Shawshank; 07-05-2019, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
          Its not the first or second time Lithuania suprised Serbia in youth or men tournaments.If after all our nations battle on basketball couart over 2decades,you still come and say Lithuania dont have realistic chance to win ale we would be some kind middle level team...thats disrespect you showing to basketball nation,most likely your young boys was thinking similiar things ...Lithuanian basketball school boys always have a chance on basketball couart : they play tough,together,smart basketball and will not beat themselfs.

We have one bad game against New zealand and lost in last minute in group, 3 querters we were giving figth to Usa and beat Australia in 1/8 convincigly.We werent that bad,yeah Serbia was a favorite,but not like huge favorite maybe % wise 65-35,but not like 90-10 reading your comments you could believe.
          I agree about rivalry amongst Serbia and Lithuania,I agree also about chances 65-35, I nowhere wrote opposite . I wrote France -Canada is most uncertain,subsequently Mali-Puerto Rico ,and Serbia-Lithuania ,and I mentioned. if Serbia will play correct,Lithuania hadnt realistic chances for win .We played bad,Lithuania probably played best own game on tournament ,so should win without drama .Maybe,one of the reason is rivalry and tension,because we were in the game so long . Lithuania even against Australia,during big part of the game,have had obvious problems ,in many senses .Its surprise,positive or negative ,raise today,as to whom .We havent good generation,except maybe 3 players,others havent any chances for respectable senior career ,coach is strayed, and we deserved this result .What me annoy ,we almost always on youth competion lose on similar way .

Comment

I agree about rivalry amongst Serbia and Lithuania,I agree also about chances 65-35, I nowhere wrote opposite . I wrote France -Canada is most uncertain,subsequently Mali-Puerto Rico ,and Serbia-Lithuania ,and I mentioned. if Serbia will play correct,Lithuania hadnt realistic chances for win .We played bad,Lithuania probably played best own game on tournament ,so should win without drama .Maybe,one of the reason is rivalry and tension,because we were in the game so long . Lithuania even against Australia,during big part of the game,have had obvious problems ,in many senses .Its surprise,positive or negative ,raise today,as to whom .We havent good generation,except maybe 3 players,others havent any chances for respectable senior career ,coach is strayed, and we deserved this result .What me annoy ,we almost always on youth competion lose on similar way .
            Nothing needs to be invented in this age group Lithuania has the most talented small players, Serbia - big players so the odds were equal and the game showed.

Comment

Lithuania is the only one who managed to beat this Serbian team in the last 2 years - not only today, but also in EC 2018 when Serbia grabbed a gold. That's a little bit impressive as Serbia is much bigger in the post and can't be a bad team (otherwise someone else also would win against them) - even 22 offensive rebounds by Serbians didn't help them to win. Great effort and a team play by our guys...

USA will be too athletic for our team, but almost the same i thought about Serbia...

Comment

I would say ,win beared wide of roster ,what Serbia hadnt .Serbia won u18 last year,but havent generation which in future could do something big .AMplitudes amongst one year and two competition,showed Latvia which was second last year,now failed,but also they have some talented players . France show continuity better than anyone else ,they were 3rth ,probably will win medal on this competition ,Ayayi is yet on senior level ,then there are few players which had some good elements,now they are show not big talent,but could become ,like Niasse or Dimanche .

Comment

Amazing Mali making history, winner of France and reaching the final.

Comment

Should be a fun game between the US and Mali. I was surprised how rattled France was by Mali's style of play.
                    Originally posted by Fedfan
                    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                    Originally posted by GuTO
                    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                      Should be a fun game between the US and Mali. I was surprised how rattled France was by Mali's style of play.
                      Yes, Mali is most compactibile team on the tournament , honor to their coach,best coach on the tournament.

Comment

I would say ,win beared wide of roster ,what Serbia hadnt .Serbia won u18 last year,but havent generation which in future could do something big .AMplitudes amongst one year and two competition,showed Latvia which was second last year,now failed,but also they have some talented players . France show continuity better than anyone else ,they were 3rth ,probably will win medal on this competition ,Ayayi is yet on senior level ,then there are few players which had some good elements,now they are show not big talent,but could become ,like Niasse or Dimanche .
                        This is Doumbouya's generation so you are right about France having a good pool, at least at the wing (sg/sf/pf). But we have glaring weaknesses, mostly at pg (organisation, creativity, defense) and at center (and Serbia is well placed to know this, each year Petrusek and Pecarski made fun of our bigs - i don't forget Trifunovic, but cuting his hair probably affected his level of play for this U19 ^ ^). Dossou Yovo has close to no future at he 5, he is way too soft. He has good hands though, and he is decent on the perimeter or on the drive so at the 4, that could be another story.

The good news is Ayayi as he has some real clutch gens obviously. He could not play his game in semi final (credits to Mali, amazing performance behind Ballo but not just because of him obviously) but he had a really consistent tournament unlike last year with the U18. And unlike so many of our supposed/labeled star players, he plays on both ends.

Some pretty good generation overall for euros. it's gonna be fun in couple of years with all these new generation once the Teodosic, De Colo & co will have retired. Even though most are unproven at the pro level.

Comment

Crappy bronze medal game with Ayayi (omg what a surname) leading France to the win.

Comment

Fun game indeed. US gotta hit some jump shots, not easy to finish around the basket with multiple Mali bigs around.
                            refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

No other miracle from Mali, proved anyway to be a legitimate finalist with a close 1st half and a strong last quarter. US team not at its best imo, but still at a different level, despite being without the services of Mobley and a subpar performance of Green.

All-Tournament:

Oumar Ballo, MLI
                              Reggie Perry, USA & MVP
                              Tyrese Haliburton, USA
                              Joel Ayayi, FRA
                              Siriman Kanoute, MLI

Comment

Not directly related to the U19 WC, but worth noting that Mali has some talent in reserve, as N'Faly Dante was MVP of the Peach Jam last weekend:

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information