No announcement yet.

2019 U20 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustafa why do you try a pumpfake take it in and its a basketfaul. It was a good experience. He is crying. :/

Comment

• Close but no cigar.

Comment

• Good try of Bitim. He has the killer instinct. Just has to work on his shot. I would also have let him shoot from the perimeter.

Comment

• What a bitter end for Mustafa and so for our team.
          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• Israel +9 over Lithuanian after the first half.

The referees seem to give Israel more calls, but we are just 43% for the line so I don't think this is the reason for the +9.
            Lithuania played some non-sense zone for long minutes during the second quarter, I must say I didn't understand it, Israel was on fire against the zone we were making a crazy amount of easy baskets and in general, we returned to struggle when Lithuania returned to man to man defense.

On offense, Israel looks more organized, we took fast 3 pointers on fast breaks, but our half-court offense looks well. The plays make sense, the guys are intelligent and take the right decisions. Lithuanian guards way too often dribble the ball for 12+ seconds and then take a hard three, but their hard three percentage is higher than Israel free throw percentage.

I always say that results at U20 tournaments do not matter much, but the public in Israel (including myself) just need a real Israeli basketball team to identify with, I didn't have so much fun watching a game for a while.

Comment

• Lithuania plays no defense and don't deserve to win so far, but reffing is a joke.

Comment

• I wish I would able to get the stats, but just from viewing the game it feels crazy to me. Lithuania keeps missing the empty catch and shot three-pointers, while they keep on making some difficult (apparently not so difficult for them) three-pointers off the dribble time after time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metec View Post
                  I wish I would able to get the stats, but just from viewing the game it feels crazy to me. Lithuania keeps missing the empty catch and shot three-pointers, while they keep on making some difficult (apparently not so difficult for them) three-pointers off the dribble time after time.
                  Uleckas and Velicka both are really good at stepback threes so there is that, but what a horrible game from Velicka.

Comment

• Since when Israel knows BB? Looks good.
                    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                    Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• You don't see very often Lithuania being outhustled, but Israel did just that and more. Congrats, impressive effort.
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        Since when Israel knows BB? Looks good.
                        Since 3 years their U20 team is much better than Lithuanian one. Silver in 2017, gold in 2018 and can be easy 1st place again with such effort playing at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                          Mustafa why do you try a pumpfake take it in and its a basketfaul. It was a good experience. He is crying. :/
                          So, I guess my prediction for Turkey finish was spot on I said I see them as a 6-8 team, got attacked by you and several others.

Basketball is always more than just wishful thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                            So, I guess my prediction for Turkey finish was spot on I said I see them as a 6-8 team, got attacked by you and several others.

several? Youth tournament finishes are not necessarily indicative of team quality, but Spain is a better team, and it's fair they will be above in the rankings.

I watched the first half only and really liked how Bitim played. I hope he proves you wrong, Coach, and that alone will be a sufficient harvest from this team.

btw, I saw someone posted on twitter; this generation lost the last 3 tournaments KO games by missing the last second FTs. I felt bad for Mustafa, but he cannot be blamed for missing that.
                            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post

Yeah your favorite team Greece ended up losing against Germany with 30 Points difference in the first ko-round. I said that my favorites are Germany, Spain and Turkey. That only confirms that I am right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                                several? Youth tournament finishes are not necessarily indicative of team quality, but Spain is a better team, and it's fair they will be above in the rankings.

I watched the first half only and really liked how Bitim played. I hope he proves you wrong, Coach, and that alone will be a sufficient harvest from this team.

btw, I saw someone posted on twitter; this generation lost the last 3 tournaments KO games by missing the last second FTs. I felt bad for Mustafa, but he cannot be blamed for missing that.
                                Actually he can be blamed for dropping the ball and after that that ball had to be a basket foul. But it will be a good experience for him and yes Spain was one of few teams that can beat turkey but i was also admit that we were worse than i expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information