2019 U20 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c-myers View Post
    It is not about the coach at all. A pg even cannot handling the ball. Neither shooting nor dribbling skills even cannot hit the free throws. Who cares the path or medal? We have bigger problem by turning these kids into senior level players. We got so many medal over the past 5 years but lost many kids. Look at 96 golden generation all of the them failed. I am pretty sure Sehmus gonna be solid senior level player. He already proved himself by contribution over the past 2 years at Banvit but the others do not seem promising.
    The starting five got enough minutes in bsl except Bitim. Ball handling is not the problem of Akay shooting yes but you cant be very picky if you play with Balbay or Ă–zmizrak.

The coach is a huge problem, the attitute and the team is badly shaped. One big issue is the kids are not ready physically i mean. They all have to bulk up at least 15 pounds.

Comment

Just by looking at the rosters, I think France was the favorite yesterday. The game was ugly, probably by the choice of French coach, as we cannot make FTs (or any other shots for that matter). It looked as if Frech waited and waited, then just decided to make some buckets in the last 3-4 mins, the score went from +1 to +15, and it was quickly over. Choupas took his only shots in this period and made all of them.

I think we have good players in Akay, Saybir, and Hazer in this team who may end up in top level competitions, regardless of their poor play here. Bitim is a coin-toss, with the highest ceiling. But I'm afraid the rest will end up as they always do, first on the benches of low level BSL teams, then the 2nd league and so on. The pessimism comes not from observing the guys actually play, but with our long track record of failures in our prospect development.

PS. I liked Erdogan as a player a lot, but he looks quite annoying as a coach.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
        Just by looking at the rosters, I think France was the favorite yesterday. The game was ugly, probably by the choice of French coach, as we cannot make FTs (or any other shots for that matter). It looked as if Frech waited and waited, then just decided to make some buckets in the last 3-4 mins, the score went from +1 to +15, and it was quickly over. Choupas took his only shots in this period and made all of them.

I think we have good players in Akay, Saybir, and Hazer in this team who may end up in top level competitions, regardless of their poor play here. Bitim is a coin-toss, with the highest ceiling. But I'm afraid the rest will end up as they always do, first on the benches of low level BSL teams, then the 2nd league and so on. The pessimism comes not from observing the guys actually play, but with our long track record of failures in our prospect development.

PS. I liked Erdogan as a player a lot, but he looks quite annoying as a coach.

Why are your expectations so low? This team was always in the top4(2015-3, 2016-2, 2017-4)

Sadik Kabaca has good upside. Berke Atar will be always a candidate for turkish EL-teams and NT. This is his first bad tournament, turks are talking about Ömer Yurtseven as a superstar but nobody can show me 1 good ko-game in his career, he was always too soft for important games. It´s sad to see Atar so 1dimensional, he had potential to be a modern big but the former youth coordinator of Banvit, Menderes Gümüsdal just wanted to win, don´t develop players, he did the same at Efes too.

This is turkish way of thinking. Similar is our U18 team, we want to win with physical Furkan Haltali-Alperen SengĂĽn(of course best prospect of Turkey), just win........

Until 2017 Mert Akay was a very solid PG-prospect but after summer 2017 he bulked up and lost his mind and since 2 years he shows not good signs. For turks stats are always very important, people say Mert Akay is a better scorer as Ömercan Ilyasoglu but the more important thing at this stage is how to get to the scoringpoint, Mert Akay with physical force & much effort but Ömercan very easy with talent, it´s not important he can´t finish yet, i also see more potential in Ömercan´s shot.

@c-myers, Eray Akyüz has no future at pro level(of course Eray Aydogan too). Burak Gözeneli(SG/PG, 00) from Türk Telekom could be the most talented G of this generation, maybe i´m overrating his talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Stavros View Post
          Greece is by far the best team in this tournament
          Nostradamus like joke.

Comment

In the game between Greece and Germany ,in advance we knew will fight of two completely different style . Germany on start began with high pace,shoot was good,Greece on other side has problem with shoots ,their first center disappointed .Greeks lowered advantage of Germany in order to let Germany back advantage ,on their own mistakes,with unneccessarly fouls,lack of creativity offensive .I think coach of Greece did not do good job ,in improtant moements Greece get wrong ,if keep Germany advantagee till 10 points or back from 15 on 5 ,Greece probably win ,they are better team ,but they didnt use all resources.

Germany is solid team ,Mattisseck and Obesie have more talent then others,Mattisseck has wide spectrum of shoots ,Obesie is physical excellent,doesnt miss neither talent ,also Hassfurther played excellent ,today he had great shoot,Griesel is very interesting,very mature for his years . In Greece,Georgios Kalaitzakis is psychologically on level of big senior players ,character which is rare .

Comment

Extremely happy that this Serbia U20 is out of competition. We played like shit the whole tournament, terrible coaching all the way through and probably some of the worst guard play I have seen in a while, outside of Uskokovic who was at least decent. Pecarski, although soft, has more basketball and willpower than the rest of the team combined. I am not even going to mention the inexplicable lineups and not being able to beat a fucking zone defense for 40 minutes.

Just pathetic. I am happy it ended this way, maybe someone will actually think about who is coaching the kids. Popovic, I loved him as a player, as a coach he is a joke...

Comment

Right now we have lost of Great Brittain .For God sake .That happened ,when we have players which are psychologiaclly disastrous .That is obvious on presentation before game,what is their behavior,with moving hands,motions,acting like stars, leader here is Miskovic .Team which successed to lose agaisnt Ukraine and Great Brittain .Shame,cannot bi bigger .

What are coaches in our national team,their players play disgracefully they didnt said anything ,neither moved .Some Lithuanian wrote few days ago,how I underrate my national team,Lithuania isnt better than Serbia.I m not surprised with that,he doesnt know how things are in Serbia ,and what are characters ,big part of our players ,especially when they have inert coach .

Great talents,Uskokovic,Momirov,Marjanovic,Vulikic ,I dont know which are worst of them .Except,Pecarski none of them doesnt have realistic chances for serious carreer,and in generaiton u19 also Pecarski was best, except them here are Petrusev which score 6 points on college in average .And that is future of Serbian national team .

Comment

Very good defense of akay. Very focussed... despite being top scorer bitim has many many problems in defense. Always trying to steal the ball, weak positioning, has the tools to be a great defender but hardly played last 3 years. Berke another problem. We know he is weak in defense but he is not there with his head. I think that guy has some private problems. Same goes for Saybir who lost all his trust to his shot in one week.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemanja View Post
                    Except,Pecarski none of them doesnt have realistic chances for serious carreer,and in generaiton u19 also Pecarski was best, except them here are Petrusev which score 6 points on college in average .And that is future of Serbian national team .
                    You have a few more guys like Pazin, Pokucevski who is a rare talent but also has risks cause at the moment his body is very very thin and it has to be completely changed in order for him to play at senior level, also you have Tomasevic and Koprivica. BTW what happened to him, he was announced n the preliminary roster but then didn't hear anything about him, anybody knows??

Comment

puah, we must always make life more difficult than its has to be. I need a break now. Analysis comes later.

Comment

The game with a lot of stories. Another poor play but our kids showed incredible effort at the end. Congratz.
                        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Lol @ Italian players being butthurt after the loss.The f.. were they thinking. They even overachieved by keeping the game this close.
                          Another monstrous game by Bitim. Efes finna regret waiving him I guess.
                          Last edited by saritasbora; 07-17-2019, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the_black_planet View Post
                            You have a few more guys like Pazin, Pokucevski who is a rare talent but also has risks cause at the moment his body is very very thin and it has to be completely changed in order for him to play at senior level, also you have Tomasevic and Koprivica. BTW what happened to him, he was announced n the preliminary roster but then didn't hear anything about him, anybody knows??
                            None of mentioned isnt a big talent .Pazin is on level Tadic ,Pokusevski announce potential for good player,but not escpecially concrete ,Koprivica if I remember ,he s coming on college , so its to early for talking about big talent .We may conclude,Serbia will have big problems in period of 2022-25 ,when players of 96-00 should bear team .These players we havent ,with enough talent ,in enough number .Players born after 95 ,we havent them which something done in senior carreer ,and also generation which should to come ,with them we have bigger problem .I dont believe,that could be happy end .

Comment

OK, best player was Akay today defensively as well as offensively. Took responsibility in critical situations and took important 3 pointer after screens. Very intelligent drives when the team needed scoring. Played like a floor general.

Atars defense worries me. He lost always all post up duels to a weaker opponent. Couldnt make easy layups. Free throw is a huge problem. He leans back during throwing. Saybir is really not understandable...

Hazer found his old shape, worked well defensively. Stucked in screens. He needs to get stronger.

Comment

Just cross my mind. Luka Dončić could still play this tournament

Glad we secured A division. We do miss best prospects Šamanić and Drežnjak who were in Las Vegas.

Hope Nakić shows ability to be leader. He is so sexy and smooth on court. Apart from him not much promise in this team for some bigger carer. With asterix on Branković who could turn as late bloomer.
                                Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information