2019 U20 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
    Yep. Completely deserved relegation and a nice slap for the federation to actually think about who is coaching the U20 guys in the future.
    I understand your disappointment but SRB's relegation was quite unlucky. If you look at the 9-16 classification matchups, the four worst teams - UKR, LAT, MNE, POL - were on the same side of the bracket and the four best teams were on the other side - ITA, SRB, GRE, SLO. This misalignment is what doomed SRB. SRB would have probably beaten UKR (although they lost to them in the group phase in an upset), LAT, MNE and POL. Also, it is extremely unusual (maybe unprecedented?) for a relegated team to have beaten the eventual champion. And this might happen if ISR wins the final. The win against ISR shows SRB's potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
      I understand your disappointment but SRB's relegation was quite unlucky. If you look at the 9-16 classification matchups, the four worst teams - UKR, LAT, MNE, POL - were on the same side of the bracket and the four best teams were on the other side - ITA, SRB, GRE, SLO. This misalignment is what doomed SRB. SRB would have probably beaten UKR (although they lost to them in the group phase in an upset), LAT, MNE and POL. Also, it is extremely unusual (maybe unprecedented?) for a relegated team to have beaten the eventual champion. And this might happen if ISR wins the final. The win against ISR shows SRB's potential.
      Of course,circumstances was against Serbia .But when happen such disaster ,superflous is talking about unhappy . Maybe,Lithunia or Greece will made better results in other circumstances,but Serbia far from quarter-final ,very hard .About game against Israel,I wrote about that,we have excellent percent for 3p , Israel made many mistakes,they hurried , Avdija played bad ,we had win almost on half-time ,very high advantages by 15 points ,2 minutes before half-time.And in second time,Israel almost won ,and that was one another indication that we doesnt better than them .

Comment

• in a team where shooting was the obvious issue, why did Erdogan sit out Erkin Senel until elimination? he's now lighting it up for the last two games.
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by TurkfromGermany View Post
          Bekir Yarangüme, Baris Ozcan, Erdal Bibo, Semsettin Bas, those players played with 2-3-4(later with 5 but on the court with 3) foreigners, even i would make 10ppg

None of these players was a high caliber player(icluding Levent Topsakal, later Ersin Görkem, Alper Yilmaz etc.), the best was the chaotic scorer Semsettin Bas but not high level player. These days probably Bekir Yarangüme would be the best and he would have a role like Erkan Veyseloglu. Baris Özcan is poor man´s Bugrahan Tuncer, he was always 2nd creator of midlevel teams, these days nobody would give him the ball.

Even Ömer Onan couldn´t crack the rotation of Efes with 4 foreigners, therefore he went to Ülker. Kerem Tunceri was from 2001-2005 the worst PG on the planet but was S5 for both EL-teams, nowadays never ever possible.
          that's exactly what I was saying TfG, these were b-class players, not good enough for NT level, and we had a handful of them in the league, leading their team's scoring. Now, if someone breaks the 10ppg (or 20mpg), we're excited. that is the sad situation.

Foreigner number is a factor, but it's not the issue, imho. there are 3-4 players in this u20 team that could crack the rotation and score in bunches if given the chance, but that chance won't be given even in the teams that have nothing to fight for.

anyway, that's off topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
            in a team where shooting was the obvious issue, why did Erdogan sit out Erkin Senel until elimination? he's now lighting it up for the last two games.
            First Erdogan cant shoot. He can just bring the ball and even his ball handling is not tight enough. Erkin Senel can create his shot and needs someone who creates for him. He is bad in everything else. He cant handle "important" games. He looks good in games there is no defense.

Comment

• Serkan Erdogan is pissed and doesnt let the starting five play. XD

Comment

• The only guy who has a future in this sport is Kabaca. Actually he is supple enough, nice frame and nice wingspan, can shoot, you can give him the ball and he wont lose it after two dribles BUT he is way too soft. He makes me puke at the rim and this guy needs a strict body coordination training.

Comment

• Nice move of the lithuanian coach. XD

Comment

• Originally posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
                    Fine, hows this for a prediction; we know both our U18's are much better than our U20's, that's clear. So we will end higher than our (assumed) 5th and 15th places.
                    Hmmm, using our u17 world cup match as a reference (86-68 W for Turkey), and taking into consideration Nakic is still not coming....
                    I would say you will have an honorable battle for the 6-8th places and we will take nothing less than a medal .
                    OK mate, so let's make it interesting How about this. If you do a better job at predicting, you can choose my avatar for a month. Same applies the other way Of course, nothing offensive, racist or in any way inappropriate on the avatars. All in good taste and humor BTW, it is 6th place after all

So, your prediction is:

- Turkey wins a medal, Serbia finishes better than 14th? C'mon at least give a reasonable range for Serbia like 5-7, 8-10 or something. You can't take 14 places

I'll post mine tomorrow btw.

I recommend scoring like this: Spot on 5pts for each team, off by 1 place 2pts for each team, off by 2 places 1 point for each team, 3 places 0 points, 4 places -1, 5 places -2 and so on. That seem fair?

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                      OK mate, so let's make it interesting How about this. If you do a better job at predicting, you can choose my avatar for a month. Same applies the other way Of course, nothing offensive, racist or in any way inappropriate on the avatars. All in good taste and humor BTW, it is 6th place after all

So, your prediction is:

- Turkey wins a medal, Serbia finishes better than 14th? C'mon at least give a reasonable range for Serbia like 5-7, 8-10 or something. You can't take 14 places

I'll post mine tomorrow btw.

I recommend scoring like this: Spot on 5pts for each team, off by 1 place 2pts for each team, off by 2 places 1 point for each team, 3 places 0 points, 4 places -1, 5 places -2 and so on. That seem fair?

Yes we're 6th, but our starters played 0 minutes while the Lithuanians played their regular rotations. Judging from Lithuania's performance against our bench I'd say that 5th place would be a piece of cake for us, but this doesn't matter anymore.
                      I don't want to change your avatar, I already like your Goksenin and don't intend on changing my Furky. I predicted a sarcastic 6-8 for you, but if we're more serious I think you could manage 3-5.
                      I definitely think 1-3 for us. If I have to be even more specific I would say you get 4 we get 1. There is no need to design an entire points system, it's not like theres millions of dollars on the line.
                      I want to suggest you to make a specific top 5. I have not taken into consideration the groups and possible matchups though so it's not a comprehensive ranking. Here it is:
                      1. Turkey
                      2. Spain
                      3. France
                      4. Serbia
                      5. Germany

Comment

• Originally posted by Furkan Korkmaz View Post
                        Yes we're 6th, but our starters played 0 minutes while the Lithuanians played their regular rotations. Judging from Lithuania's performance against our bench I'd say that 5th place would be a piece of cake for us, but this doesn't matter anymore.
                        I don't want to change your avatar, I already like your Goksenin and don't intend on changing my Furky. I predicted a sarcastic 6-8 for you, but if we're more serious I think you could manage 3-5.
                        I definitely think 1-3 for us. If I have to be even more specific I would say you get 4 we get 1. There is no need to design an entire points system, it's not like theres millions of dollars on the line.
                        I want to suggest you to make a specific top 5. I have not taken into consideration the groups and possible matchups though so it's not a comprehensive ranking. Here it is:
                        1. Turkey
                        2. Spain
                        3. France
                        4. Serbia
                        5. Germany
                        Ah, you are such a party breaker Where's the fun-loving spirit at? To be honest, I think you would've looked great with this beauty of an avatar of Ataman I had prepared

Anyway, my Top 5 coming tomorrow

Comment

• Nice win by Greece today to finish with 3 straight victories and 9th place. Blew a 15-point lead in the 4th before pummeling Ukraine in the OT. Moraitis was not far off an unusual triple double: 25p, 8a, 7s, 28 EFF. G. Kalaitzakis good again with 19p, 8r, 4a, 26 EFF. It looks like both players will finish in the top 5 of the tournament in avg EFF. Limniatis had the team playing well by the end of the tournament; nice ball movement on offense. He had an ace up his sleeve in the OT, going repeatedly inside to the undersized Kambouridis, who looks 45 years old, but has skilled moves in the post. Kambouridis scored 7 points in the OT.

Moraitis finished 1st in the tournament in steals per game, 2nd in assists per game, 2nd in FT%, 4th in EFF per game. Kalaitzakis finished 1st in points per game, 3rd in EFF per game.
                          Last edited by christodoulou76; 07-21-2019, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                            First Erdogan cant shoot. He can just bring the ball and even his ball handling is not tight enough. Erkin Senel can create his shot and needs someone who creates for him. He is bad in everything else. He cant handle "important" games. He looks good in games there is no defense.
                            Erdoğan can definitely shoot, probably the best in the team, but I don't think he is allowed. Did you mean Aydoğan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                              Erdoğan can definitely shoot, probably the best in the team, but I don't think he is allowed. Did you mean Aydoğan?
                              Yeah. This skinny tbl guy. Dont mean the coach of course.

Comment

• Really weird to see two strong 2000 and 2001 generations in div b. Ershov and Mikhailovski on the one side and Petrusev, Ilic, Pokusevski, Pecarski on the other side.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information