14. Mihajlo Jerković - Venezia ITA
    15. Lazar Nikolić - Roseto ITA
    16. Danilo Petrović - Montegranaro ITA
    17. Filip Pavićević - Scafati ITA
    18. Aleksa Popović - Cleveland State NCAA
    19. Aleksa Matić - North Alabama NCAA
    20. Balša Кoprivica - Montverde Academy
    No Petrusev?

He will play at u19 World Championships.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

OK our U20 roster for the anual U20 Fiba tournament is fix now. Tirpanci and Mert Konuk are out.

Doruk Dora, Emre Tanışan, Eray Aydoğan, Erkin Şenel, Mert Akay, Muhaymin Mustafa, Onuralp Bitim, Berke Atar, Sadık Emir Kabaca, Şehmus Hazer, Yiğit Baran Sarıkaya, Yiğitcan Saybir

Our only weak spot is the Center position from the bench. Emre tanisan is a catastrophe and i am also not happy with taking Erkin Senel to Israel but we should be one of the contenders anyway. More importantly is Onuralp Bitims attitute. If he shows that hes willing to take basketball seriously again, the tournament will be worth it.

Here's the Lithuanian team lineup:

Danielius Lavrinovičius 207
    Paulius Poška 203
    Grantas Vasiliauskas 204
    Vitalijus Kozys 201
    Justas Sakalauskas 200
    Tadas Vaičiūnas 200
    Lukas Uleckas 199
    Ignas Sargiūnas 193
    Marius Valinskas 187
    Justinas Leganovič 192
    Ernestas Jonkus 188
    Arnas Velička 196

What I can conclude by squads,Spain and Lithuania have better players than Serbia .

I think Latvia had more talent than Gemany,despite big lose,Germany is stronger in rim ,has more height and weight,what clearly show us 19 offensive rebounds ,players in Germany have lack of weaknesses,better physical abillities ,but just Matiscek and Obiesie have talent . Latvia has great pg Atelbauers,who is agile,good dribble,good vision play,Hlebovickis and Lacis showed solid abilties .

Spain play unusually great defense for level of u20 ,individual and team,Martinez Costa lead defense,with that broke Croatia,this brought transition and easy points .Croatia pnr defense was very bad and that enable Spain to make so big result difference.Alocen who has minutes in Zaragoza ,is on higher level than 20 year old players,Puerto per for years play very good,in Croatia ,Jordano has talent ,despite he didnt brought anything special,he showed their talent on moments.

on the other hand, we're somehow leading by 9 at HT vs GBR by shooting atrociously and missing all FTs.
    Bitim seems to be on the right track, that's what matters the most.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Div B:
    Armenia: 26 - Sweden: 149
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

who are the favorites in this tournament?

We could estimate at least untill the end of day .Spain looks great,Lithuania has good roster,we will see France ,Serbia and Israel .I didnt watch Greece against Slovenia ,their quality just preliminary could be estimated after game against Lithuania.

Slovenia is once again without any height. Okay, Stipaničev is 210cm tall, but he is a bit soft for a PF. Without Macura, this team will fight for relegation, with him and 1-2 guards that are missing, the situation would be completely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    who are the favorites in this tournament?
    Turkey, Germany and Spain.

Phillip Herkenhoff hasnt show me any NBA Potential today. Shoots too slow and the footwork is also bad for a big under the rim. Obiesie with some good creations but not very smart. Germany seem to have a big playmaking problem. Mattiseck consistent from the line very agile and well coordinated.

Avdija is a solid player but not for NBA. Has nothing special to survive in the states. Shooting is average, drive to the rim is weak. Defends ok. Israel struggles much against a modest skilled serbian 1999 generation.

Israel lost to Srbija.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    Turkey, Germany and Spain.
    Based on what is Turkey one of the favorites, please explain this

A serious lack of athleticism, pace and actual talent in that roster. I would like to hear legit basketball reasons why this Turkey generation should be considered among the favorites. You under 18 team in last EC was 12th. The U18 crew from year before that made it to 4th place. Your U19s didn't make it to the WC either.

Based on what are you making your claim? Who is a mercurial talent in that squad?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Based on what is Turkey one of the favorites, please explain this

A serious lack of athleticism, pace and actual talent in that roster. I would like to hear legit basketball reasons why this Turkey generation should be considered among the favorites. You under 18 team in last EC was 12th. The U18 crew from year before that made it to 4th place. Your U19s didn't make it to the WC either.

Based on what are you making your claim? Who is a mercurial talent in that squad?
    A serious lack of athleticism, pace and actual talent based on the game today?
    Did you watch other games like in the tournament Turgut Atakol one week ago? I dont think so. Legit basketball reasons you ask. We have one of the best playmaker with Mert Akay who took a serious role in BSL with Dacka and also some good games in Euroleague. In Addition to that two guard/forwards with great pace and athleticism with Onuralp Bitim and Sehmus Hazer who was the carrier of Banvit from the bench. A Yigitcan Saybir who made it to the seventh man in the efes roster. A great shooter and great rebounder despite being undersized for his position. At last maybe the best Center in this tournament with Berke Atar who also took serious minutes with Banvit from the Bench in BSL and CL.

You have obviously not very much knowledge about youth basketball so i will try to answer your questions. Last season our U18 had good a big lack under the rim. Actually our 2000 generation is fairly weak. We have great Guards in 2000 and 2001 with Ömer Yasir Kücük, Mert Akay and Ömercan Ilyasoglu but fairly weak Bigs. Despite being very weak in U18 last year we almost defeated Latvia at home in the quarter finals if i am not mistaken. Thats the reason why we didnt make to the U19 wc. We had also many injuries with Saybir and Ahmet Can Duran. Berke Atar was too old thats why we ran out of Bigs.

By putting our 1999 guys with our 2000 guys makes us strong with some weaknesses coming from the bench. This team is a bit undersized and shooting could be a problem. It seems also that we are not well prepared defensively but almost no team gave me that feeling.

By watching a game you cant take a good picture from a team. Unlike your impression today this turkish team plays with great pace and athleticism. Of course not all of them Atar for example is an old school, soft guy but with good footwork. I think todays performance was a problem of a changed place and a problem of motivation.

Once again you talk about things you know little of. Like accusing me of not knowing a lot about the youth setup.

Akay? Serious role of 10minutes a game in a team that was basically cannon fodder? And still hasn't seen the court in 3/4 of the games? Great PG with a negative AST/TO rate? Cmon, lets be serious. You are seriously overrating the kid. I got nothing against him, still he would not be even a Top 5 PG for me in this tournament. Velicka, Alocen, Madar, Uskokovic, Moraitis, Klavzar are all miles ahead of him as prospects and current players.

Bitim is probably the most overrated prospect in youth basketball in the last decade, along with few other guys. Are we even going to talk about his downfall as a prospect as he progresses through the ranks. Since his U16 campaign, he has been in constant downfall. Are we going even to mention his last year's campaign with your NT in the U20s? Once again, look at basketball in more objective way.

Hazar is the only guy who looks ready for senior basketball and he is a severly limited guard, with iron hands and no court vision. A carrier of the bench who shoots 30% from the field and scores 5pts a game. C'mon let's be realistic. He was given a significant role, yet he delivered quite underwhelmingly.

Saybir is my favorite player in Turkey and I think that kid has a great future if he works hard, gets stronger and a more versatile skillset. He can be somebody that can contribute on the senior level quite soon. Atar I always had problems with, because the kid is just an accelerant nothing more and as age catches up with him, he will get more and more exposed. For his height and frame he is actually a terrible rim protector, and at the same time has lazy feet defensively. Poor presentation in the PnR defense, even worse closeouts when helping etc. He is a magnet inside the paint offensively because of his size and solid post play, but he gives up so much more on the defensive side. He is also constantly backed down by inferior big men, who are smaller. Also I hate his mental make up, I don't see an ounce of toughness and aggression in that kid, which is always a bad sign.

Overall, I closely follows most of the youth tournaments because I work with kids (14-16 age group) for years now. I don't see what you see, perhaps because I am more objective when it comes to Turkey. Still, I se no real basketball reasons for this Turkey team to be included among the hot favorites for this tournament. I would put them in the 6-8 range, with an outside chance for a medal with a good run.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast