Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 U20 European Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    There isn's a second pg and the only one not bad big is Lavrinovicius. The players you mentioned: Kozys, Vasiliauskas, Valinskas are not solid. How you see the last one being solid? He's a small one who shoots the ball slowly. They are NKL players potentially and the game is so crappy mainly because of that. How would this team play without Velicka? It would be too bad. You can find a solid starting five here, but the bench is too bad with the players like Jonkus, Leganovic, Vaiciunas, Sakalauskas, Poska. You need badly Velicka and Uleckas having a good game. Still i can see this team going to some semifinals because the competitions don't look strong. But also i can see them fighting for relegation.
    You would throw Sargiunas at 1 and this team is no-where near being a B division team without Velicka. Now some players till haven't show what they can. The same Sargiunas, surely Kozys who can go for a nearly triple double on a good night, Vasiliauskas should have solid performances. Valinskas is not that bad, he was in double digits last season in NKL and Lietkabelis signed him. If all these players will start playing up to their level, we might be dangerous to most of the teams in the knock out stage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Turkey and Spain are the favorites. But its not important to win medals, only talent matters.

Serbia´s 00 generation is by far the best in Europe but they won just 1 medal.

Israel has the best prospect of the tournament(maybe in whole of Europe with Avdija) and with Madar another great prospect. In this turkish team we see 2 future NT bigs(Atar + Saybir), their places are almost safe in the coming years because we don´t have many alternatives.

My eyes are bleeding because of the GB vs Monte game.

Hmm first of all Velicka was much more dominant two years ago. Had not a good development since then. Not very quality in this ltu team but they are playing like a team at least.

Greece has no post up game. This Kampouridis has nothing not even hairs. His only speciality is that he looks like 40.

The Pao Kalaitzakis cant dribble without watching on the ball, he is fast but there is still no direction or speed change. He just ran into the man. Ball handling is good for their size. Shooting and shot selection is problematic but not a big concern. Both are not the smartest player

Moraitis is the most developed player among the greeks but not a good playmaker.
    [-deleted-] - Levenspiel
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 07-15-2019 at 04:25 PM.

I seem to underestimate Kampouridis. He showed some nice post moves turning from the base line in the second half.

Nice pass of Moraitis in transition.

What a game! What a game! What a game! What a game! hahahahahhahahaha

Greeks choked a 9 point lead 2 minutes before end.

What a thriller. Sargiunas finally woke up in this tournament and nailed the game winner!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

So since poland defeated slovenia LTU should be first and Greece second.

Probable matchups:

Deutschland vs Hellas
    Latvia vs lietuva.

Amazing gamae Greece-Lithuania. In first half Lithuania was better ,many points from drive,play 1on1 ,pnr,on good defense of Greece, on the other side Greece had problems,hadnt pace in atack.Lithuania miss chance for bigger advantage .in second half Greece forced Lithuania on tough shoots,late Lithuania miss shoots from good positions, some player in attack in Greece started to play well . In over time,difficult to aprehend what all happened . I think is too sternly unsportsmanlike foul on the end .In Greece ,Kampouridis brought in second half what they missed in first half,domination in rim ,Panagiotis Kalaitzakis played excellent,in order to Georgios Kalaitzakis almost alone in over time brought win ,also Moraitis on the finish played good .Lithuania has wide rotation ,many players with some contribution,Lavrinovicius played good in first half,Uleckas during big part of the game,like Velicka and Kozys,in over time Sargiunas leaded .Probably best game on the tournament ,so far and on whole tournament .

Pecarski had a monster game and Italy had no answers for him. He was feeling it on the offensive end, finding a variety of ways to score. The other positive thing from the Serbia squad was that at least there were some signs of guard play this game. Momirov, Velikic and Uskokovic showed more aggression and managed to play a role in the win.

On the other hand, everything else was quite poor. Our wing play was completely atrocious. Miskovic is slowly turning into one of the most disappointing players in the tournament. His decision making is just awful and he shows a bit too much ego for a guy who is not playing well. Also, I believe that were completely undercoached team, as I don't see any actual system outside of throw it down to Pecarski and Miskovic, play hard defense and try to score in transition.

Guys 5/13 free throws. Why, why are you getting on my nerves. Atar again not able to make easiest tip ins. Forwards not able to pass. At least with Sehmus we were able to exploit their pick and roll weakness. This team has loads of weaknesses waiting to be exposed. No outside shooting at all.

Mert Akay is gonna be worse than Kenan Sipahi. I cant stand watching him. Whats wrong with Eray Akyüz? Why he did not include to roster? He is way better than these two pg.
    I am big fan of Şehmus Hazer not a big talent but extremely crafty he knows where to stand, attacking the rim, pressure all the stuff and feel the game. He is gonna be very useful role player for the national team.

The Problem is not Akay but the coach. We played 90% of the game over Atar who cant make free throws. One dimensional game, wings who are not able to play a pass. Atar holds the ball for five seconds in the air. No rim protection and a really bad mental preparation. Everyone has a fault but Akay hasnt.

The path is much more difficult now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toruko View Post
    The Problem is not Akay but the coach. We played 90% of the game over Atar who cant make free throws. One dimensional game, wings who are not able to play a pass. Atar holds the ball for five seconds in the air. No rim protection and a really bad mental preparation. Everyone has a fault but Akay hasnt.

The path is much more difficult now.
    It is not about the coach at all. A pg even cannot handling the ball. Neither shooting nor dribbling skills even cannot hit the free throws. Who cares the path or medal? We have bigger problem by turning these kids into senior level players. We got so many medal over the past 5 years but lost many kids. Look at 96 golden generation all of the them failed. I am pretty sure Sehmus gonna be solid senior level player. He already proved himself by contribution over the past 2 years at Banvit but the others do not seem promising.

Quote Originally Posted by c-myers View Post
    It is not about the coach at all. A pg even cannot handling the ball. Neither shooting nor dribbling skills even cannot hit the free throws. Who cares the path or medal? We have bigger problem by turning these kids into senior level players. We got so many medal over the past 5 years but lost many kids. Look at 96 golden generation all of the them failed. I am pretty sure Sehmus gonna be solid senior level player. He already proved himself by contribution over the past 2 years at Banvit but the others do not seem promising.
    The starting five got enough minutes in bsl except Bitim. Ball handling is not the problem of Akay shooting yes but you cant be very picky if you play with Balbay or Özmizrak.

The coach is a huge problem, the attitute and the team is badly shaped. One big issue is the kids are not ready physically i mean. They all have to bulk up at least 15 pounds.

Just by looking at the rosters, I think France was the favorite yesterday. The game was ugly, probably by the choice of French coach, as we cannot make FTs (or any other shots for that matter). It looked as if Frech waited and waited, then just decided to make some buckets in the last 3-4 mins, the score went from +1 to +15, and it was quickly over. Choupas took his only shots in this period and made all of them.

I think we have good players in Akay, Saybir, and Hazer in this team who may end up in top level competitions, regardless of their poor play here. Bitim is a coin-toss, with the highest ceiling. But I'm afraid the rest will end up as they always do, first on the benches of low level BSL teams, then the 2nd league and so on. The pessimism comes not from observing the guys actually play, but with our long track record of failures in our prospect development.

PS. I liked Erdogan as a player a lot, but he looks quite annoying as a coach.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Just by looking at the rosters, I think France was the favorite yesterday. The game was ugly, probably by the choice of French coach, as we cannot make FTs (or any other shots for that matter). It looked as if Frech waited and waited, then just decided to make some buckets in the last 3-4 mins, the score went from +1 to +15, and it was quickly over. Choupas took his only shots in this period and made all of them.

I think we have good players in Akay, Saybir, and Hazer in this team who may end up in top level competitions, regardless of their poor play here. Bitim is a coin-toss, with the highest ceiling. But I'm afraid the rest will end up as they always do, first on the benches of low level BSL teams, then the 2nd league and so on. The pessimism comes not from observing the guys actually play, but with our long track record of failures in our prospect development.

PS. I liked Erdogan as a player a lot, but he looks quite annoying as a coach.

Why are your expectations so low? This team was always in the top4(2015-3, 2016-2, 2017-4)

Sadik Kabaca has good upside. Berke Atar will be always a candidate for turkish EL-teams and NT. This is his first bad tournament, turks are talking about Ömer Yurtseven as a superstar but nobody can show me 1 good ko-game in his career, he was always too soft for important games. It´s sad to see Atar so 1dimensional, he had potential to be a modern big but the former youth coordinator of Banvit, Menderes Gümüsdal just wanted to win, don´t develop players, he did the same at Efes too.

This is turkish way of thinking. Similar is our U18 team, we want to win with physical Furkan Haltali-Alperen Sengün(of course best prospect of Turkey), just win........

Until 2017 Mert Akay was a very solid PG-prospect but after summer 2017 he bulked up and lost his mind and since 2 years he shows not good signs. For turks stats are always very important, people say Mert Akay is a better scorer as Ömercan Ilyasoglu but the more important thing at this stage is how to get to the scoringpoint, Mert Akay with physical force & much effort but Ömercan very easy with talent, it´s not important he can´t finish yet, i also see more potential in Ömercan´s shot.

@c-myers, Eray Akyüz has no future at pro level(of course Eray Aydogan too). Burak Gözeneli(SG/PG, 00) from Türk Telekom could be the most talented G of this generation, maybe i´m overrating his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Stavros View Post
    Greece is by far the best team in this tournament
    Nostradamus like joke.

In the game between Greece and Germany ,in advance we knew will fight of two completely different style . Germany on start began with high pace,shoot was good,Greece on other side has problem with shoots ,their first center disappointed .Greeks lowered advantage of Germany in order to let Germany back advantage ,on their own mistakes,with unneccessarly fouls,lack of creativity offensive .I think coach of Greece did not do good job ,in improtant moements Greece get wrong ,if keep Germany advantagee till 10 points or back from 15 on 5 ,Greece probably win ,they are better team ,but they didnt use all resources.

Germany is solid team ,Mattisseck and Obesie have more talent then others,Mattisseck has wide spectrum of shoots ,Obesie is physical excellent,doesnt miss neither talent ,also Hassfurther played excellent ,today he had great shoot,Griesel is very interesting,very mature for his years . In Greece,Georgios Kalaitzakis is psychologically on level of big senior players ,character which is rare .

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast