No announcement yet.

Turkish NT 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mahmutoğlu did convincing job in recent preparation games and he is a factor that enriches our offense on his own. Of course he won't be cut down from the final roster.

I want Durmaz and Tuncer to be cut and Arslan being utilized at SF.

So final roster should be like:

PG: Wilbekin - Balbay - Uğurlu
    SG: Korkmaz - Mahmutoğlu
    SF: Osman - Arslan
    PF: İlyasova - Birsen
    C: Erden - Şanlı - Arar
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

We need Melih in this roster, imho, even if it's a very limited role, like he has with Fener. To provide outside shooting when things look bad.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
        We need Melih in this roster, imho, even if it's a very limited role, like he has with Fener. To provide outside shooting when things look bad.
        Among all options if you that desperate to need the contribution of him. You have already lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
          Among all options if you that desperate to need the contribution of him. You have already lost.
          "Among all options" We only have Korkmaz and Wilbekin as potentially better shooters. Maybe Ilyasova is his good day, too. Arslan is promising but not there yet. in short, this is not that good of a team that can cut Melih. it's not that good of a team, period.

I don't like Melih any more, I think he failed last year to carry his composure as a captain of Fener. But I'll cheer for him, and the whole NT of course, with all my heart.

Comment

"Among all options" We only have Korkmaz and Wilbekin as potentially better shooters. Maybe Ilyasova is his good day, too. Arslan is promising but not there yet. in short, this is not that good of a team that can cut Melih. it's not that good of a team, period.

I don't like Melih any more, I think he failed last year to carry his composure as a captain of Fener. But I'll cheer for him, and the whole NT of course, with all my heart.
            You cant put a Melih who is just a not reliable pin-down shooter who has a good game out of 10 over Ersan. Ersan Ilyasova is clearly our first scoring option. Then Korkmaz, Osman and Wilbekin follows. The problem with Mahmutoglu is as mentioned earlier his defence. In addition to that he cant neither share the ball nor can he carry the ball for very long. He got better but its not enough to give him even a meaningful bench role. His role will be to put him in for four five minutes let him shoot 3 times and take him out of the court when he couldnt hit. Arslan is now the much better overall player. The only thing where Melih is ahead of him is experience.

Comment

You cant put a Melih who is just a not reliable pin-down shooter who has a good game out of 10 over Ersan. Ersan Ilyasova is clearly our first scoring option. Then Korkmaz, Osman and Wilbekin follows. The problem with Mahmutoglu is as mentioned earlier his defence. In addition to that he cant neither share the ball nor can he carry the ball for very long. He got better but its not enough to give him even a meaningful bench role. His role will be to put him in for four five minutes let him shoot 3 times and take him out of the court when he couldnt hit. Arslan is now the much better overall player. The only thing where Melih is ahead of him is experience.
              No objection to anything here. His role would be shooting a few threes if nothing else is working. Just in case they fall. Remember the last Eurobasket, those 3s did make a difference.

if you cut Melih, who is gonna take his place? No objection to Yigit, but cannot imagine Bugrahan Tuncer there.

Comment

No objection to anything here. His role would be shooting a few threes if nothing else is working. Just in case they fall. Remember the last Eurobasket, those 3s did make a difference.

if you cut Melih, who is gonna take his place? No objection to Yigit, but cannot imagine Bugrahan Tuncer there.
                Bugrahan has one advantage over Melih and its passing. His defense is even worse than of Melih and he is right now at least a turnover machine. Melih is not his counterpart for a spot though. Bugrahan must fight against Berk Ugurlu and Berk is due to his ability to drive to the rim ahead of him. He is also a reliable open shot maker. I am not talking about cutting Melih that wont happen anyway but if i had to choose between Melih and Yigit I would choose Yigit. I really hope melih can repeat his good game in Eurobasket 17 again.

Comment

My final 12:

Wilbekin, Dogus, Bugrahan (imo we need a combo)
                  Furkan, Melih
                  Cedi, Yigit
                  Ersan, Berkan
                  Semih, Sertac, Ege
                  Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Obviously Metecan is pretty inadequate for this level after seen him against Serbia. I would cut him from the final roster without hesitate along with Buğrahan. He was already mediocre all season long with Efes and did not deserve a spot.

Tolga Geçim would be perfectly fit in this roster. It is because neither Dogus nor Wilbekin have proper passing skills and court vision. Tolga would help our pg's to distribute the ball, court vision and back up Cedi at sf. He would be really good asset for this team. It is been pretty unlucky missing him.

As for Berk he got limited minutes but I am quite happy his improvement. It seems that he is working on his shoot. He is already good at attacking the rim and ball handling. He is going to get limited minutes in WC but he seems in a good way and quite promising for the future. After we lost Ulubay, Guven so on I am really happy to see some progress for our youngsterns.

Comment

Originally posted by c-myers View Post
                      Obviously Metecan is pretty inadequate for this level after seen him against Serbia. I would cut him from the final roster without hesitate along with Buğrahan. He was already mediocre all season long with Efes and did not deserve a spot.

Tolga Geçim would be perfectly fit in this roster. It is because neither Dogus nor Wilbekin have proper passing skills and court vision. Tolga would help our pg's to distribute the ball, court vision and back up Cedi at sf. He would be really good asset for this team. It is been pretty unlucky missing him.

As for Berk he got limited minutes but I am quite happy his improvement. It seems that he is working on his shoot. He is already good at attacking the rim and ball handling. He is going to get limited minutes in WC but he seems in a good way and quite promising for the future. After we lost Ulubay, Guven so on I am really happy to see some progress for our youngsterns.
                      I agree with all but especially second point. Everybody thinks Turkey is at full strength but actually Tolga is really important for the team as he would be the best playmaker on the roster. Right we have 3 playmakers in Cedi, Wilbekin and Doğuş and none of them are above average play makers. We have Furkan and Ersan who can create for themselves but rest of the roster needs someone to set them up. Maybe we should use Berk more and Doğuş less. I think we need 2 of Doğuş Cedi Wilbekin and Berk at the court at the same time to be any good.

Comment

After games against Serbia and Greece we can say that we are one level bellow medal contenders. But, we are not that bad and could be better.
                        Our weakest spot is pg and coach who can't find solution. Come on man, we are not fighting for gold medal take the risk it would be good for future.

I would cut Balbay minutes or even cut him from the team. He is the most limited player in NT. He can be usefull just for some roles but not as pg, pg without creativity isn't pg at all. In game against Greece we fall behind whenever he was in charge and come back when Bugrahan was on the court. I think we would loss by 5 to 10 points with any normal even mediocre pg.

I noticed good improvements in Korkmaz game though he is not my favorite player. But if he continues this way he could be

Melih doesn't deserve to be in the roster, Arslan is already better and more complete player then him.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                          After games against Serbia and Greece we can say that we are one level bellow medal contenders. But, we are not that bad and could be better.
                          Our weakest spot is pg and coach who can't find solution. Come on man, we are not fighting for gold medal take the risk it would be good for future.

I would cut Balbay minutes or even cut him from the team. He is the most limited player in NT. He can be usefull just for some roles but not as pg, pg without creativity isn't pg at all. In game against Greece we fall behind whenever he was in charge and come back when Bugrahan was on the court. I think we would loss by 5 to 10 points with any normal even mediocre pg.

I noticed good improvements in Korkmaz game though he is not my favorite player. But if he continues this way he could be

Melih doesn't deserve to be in the roster, Arslan is already better and more complete player then him.
                          Wow a praise about korkmaz from you? He really must have made progress.

And I dont agree about the weakest spot. We dont have great play makers thats right but our lack in the center position is way more imminent. We can use Cedi as point forward and Furkan can also share the ball well.

Comment

Wow a praise about korkmaz from you? He really must have made progress.

And I dont agree about the weakest spot. We dont have great play makers thats right but our lack in the center position is way more imminent. We can use Cedi as point forward and Furkan can also share the ball well.
                            You missed the point about pg spot. It's not about if we have guys who can share the ball, we have talented players, but if someone spend 10 to 15 seconds without any idea what you expect from Cedi and Korkmaz to make for 10 seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                              You missed the point about pg spot. It's not about if we have guys who can share the ball, we have talented players, but if someone spend 10 to 15 seconds without any idea what you expect from Cedi and Korkmaz to make for 10 seconds?
                              Well its not so severe as you describe it. I have to admit that we looked a bit wild and uncoordinated but they should be able to run some set plays with Wilbekin or Balbay and of course Berk Ugurlu or Bugri should be able to run some set games also fast.

Comment

Well its not so severe as you describe it. I have to admit that we looked a bit wild and uncoordinated but they should be able to run some set plays with Wilbekin or Balbay and of course Berk Ugurlu or Bugri should be able to run some set games also fast.
                                I didn't notice problems on center position you talking about. Maybe you forget that we don't have the best centers in the world. We use what we have.

On pg spot we have better players then Balbay and sharing minutes between them is key for better and more fluid game.
                                Berk and Bugrahan should be first options. It's a bit risky but we don't have much to lose.

Balbay should have special role but not as pg. Sarica used him in that way in 3rd qt and if I remember that was much better.
                                Start of the game was awful, we were lost and without any idea in offense until Bugrahan replaced Balbay.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information