Turkish NT 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janketa View Post
    I would pick up the same roster, with one change, Balbay should be backup PG. We ll know ha lacks creativity

Bugrahan(Akay)-Wilbekin-Cedi-Ersan-Sertac
    Bugrahans defense worries me. He creates to many turnovers and Sarica always starts with Balbay to make play making for the opponent more difficult. With Balbay you play with 4 guys in the offense. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
      Bugrahans defense worries me. He creates to many turnovers and Sarica always starts with Balbay to make play making for the opponent more difficult. With Balbay you play with 4 guys in the offense. :/
      Not exactly true tho. He improved this season in offense actually. And he always have the great energy. If we have Wilbekin-Cedi-Ersan on the field we wont need Balbay for offense anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
        Not exactly true tho. He improved this season in offense actually. And he always have the great energy. If we have Wilbekin-Cedi-Ersan on the field we wont need Balbay for offense anyway.
        Just because he made lke 14 of 21 three point attempts he is not usable in offense. He is practically non-existent and no matter who is on the court if there is someone who is with 0 offense it will be exploited for sure. Balbay is just good when the opponent have just one play maker. My eyes bleed when he cant make the easiest layups.

Comment

Balbay is task and 10 min per game guy. I like him just in that role.
          But as creator and first pg option he is awful solution. He lacks creativity and shooting.
          In NT he should play just what he plays in Efes and nothing bigger then that.

Comment

Does anyone know if Turkey will play any preparation games at home? What is their schedule.
            PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
              Does anyone know if Turkey will play any preparation games at home? What is their schedule.
              August 12 vs Senegal
              August 13 vs Jordan

Both in Sinan Erdem

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                August 12 vs Senegal
                August 13 vs Jordan

Both in Sinan Erdem

http://www.tbl.org.tr/haber/2019-07-...C5%9Fa-sunuldu
                Thanks for that. Pretty weak preparation. Turkey usually has strong tournaments in Istanbul.

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                  Thanks for that. Pretty weak preparation. Turkey usually has strong tournaments in Istanbul.
                  Well be with you in Acropolis.

Comment

Well be with you in Acropolis.
                    Yeah, but if say you are a Turkish fan in Istanbul you don't have much to choose from.

Comment

Yiğit Arslan's good performance draws attention after 3 preparation games. If he can maintain his performance in Acropolis tournament, he stands a fair chance of making the final roster. We will need a good back-up swingman who has defense/offense balance to make notable contribution in Championship. This definition suits Arslan for the moment at least. A positive development for the team.
                      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                        Yiğit Arslan's good performance draws attention after 3 preparation games. If he can maintain his performance in Acropolis tournament, he stands a fair chance of making the final roster. We will need a good back-up swingman who has defense/offense balance to make notable contribution in Championship. This definition suits Arslan for the moment at least. A positive development for the team.
                        Completely agree. Did not see the first 2 games and only watched the second half of the game vs Senegal. Yigit Arslan completely surpised me with his game. He always had a one dimensional game at Tofas (3 point shooter), but yesterday he really looked strong physically and made good penetrations to the basket. I would pick him for sure as the back-up SG above e.g. Melih Mahmutoglu, who can not create his own shot and is less effective at the defensive end.

I'm curious to see how Semih Erden will be at the tournament in Greece. I am totally no fan of him, but he sometimes surprises me with his performance at the NT. Ege Arar is doing a good job till now and our second center will probably be decided between Sertac Sanli and Semih Erden.

On a side note, Furkan Korkmaz really made some huge improvements in his game and looks a lot more confident in the NT than prior periods. He is not more the "young raw talent". I think he will be a solid contributor for the NT at the World Cup.

Updated 12 man roster:
                        PG: Scottie Wilbekin, Dogus Balbay, Bugrahan Tuncer
                        SG: Furkan Korkmaz, Yigit Arslan
                        SF: Cedi Osman, Berkan Durmaz
                        PF: Ersan Ilyasova, James Metecan Birsen
                        C: Ege Arar, Sertac Sanli, Semih Erden

Comment

Originally posted by Nakz View Post
                          Completely agree. Did not see the first 2 games and only watched the second half of the game vs Senegal. Yigit Arslan completely surpised me with his game. He always had a one dimensional game at Tofas (3 point shooter), but yesterday he really looked strong physically and made good penetrations to the basket. I would pick him for sure as the back-up SG above e.g. Melih Mahmutoglu, who can not create his own shot and is less effective at the defensive end.

I'm curious to see how Semih Erden will be at the tournament in Greece. I am totally no fan of him, but he sometimes surprises me with his performance at the NT. Ege Arar is doing a good job till now and our second center will probably be decided between Sertac Sanli and Semih Erden.

On a side note, Furkan Korkmaz really made some huge improvements in his game and looks a lot more confident in the NT than prior periods. He is not more the "young raw talent". I think he will be a solid contributor for the NT at the World Cup.

Updated 12 man roster:
                          PG: Scottie Wilbekin, Dogus Balbay, Bugrahan Tuncer
                          SG: Furkan Korkmaz, Yigit Arslan
                          SF: Cedi Osman, Berkan Durmaz
                          PF: Ersan Ilyasova, James Metecan Birsen
                          C: Ege Arar, Sertac Sanli, Semih Erden
                          no way we cut Melih. Berkan or Yiğit are out

Comment

I would cut Mahmutoglu Immediately for Durmaz or Arslan but I dont think Sarica is gonna do that.

Comment

I would cut Mahmutoglu Immediately for Durmaz or Arslan but I dont think Sarica is gonna do that.
                              he is not great but when Melih is hot he is hot. He fits with the starters as well. Just dont let him dribble

Comment

The thing is he is far too seldom hot and there is no other 188cm guy who can neither dribble nor pass. He started just creating for himself but still a pin down shooter who is useless when he does not hit the target. We have too many of those do one thing guys. Dogus Balbay or Melih Mahmutoglu are just two of them.
                                Last edited by Toruko; 08-13-2019, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information