No announcement yet.

Turkish NT 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again Goksenin in the roster. I don't get it..

Another thing is including e.g. Sadik Kabaca (who is somewhat promising, but totally not ready) over someone like Egehan Arna, who can contribute with his shooting and athleticism. Also again not Mert Akay on this roster...

Comment

Originally posted by Nakz View Post
      Again Goksenin in the roster. I don't get it..

Another thing is including e.g. Sadik Kabaca (who is somewhat promising, but totally not ready) over someone like Egehan Arna, who can contribute with his shooting and athleticism. Also again not Mert Akay on this roster...
      Mert is injured. Kabaca is just invited in order to test. He wont be in the final roster. Egehan would be a worse choice than Göksenin.

Comment

Pictures from the first session of the Turkish NT...

First time invitation of end 2000 born Sadik Kabaca and end 2002 born Furkan Haltali

Comment

The Turkish NT played a prep game against Efes and won with 108 to 107. Sehmus Hazer with 17 points, Alperen SengĂĽn and Sertac Sanli contributed with 15 points each.

Kruno Simon 22, Adrien Moerman contributed on Efes side.

Comment

Hazer is a player that will have a good career. I like his energy a lot. He is really old school. His energy reminds me on Jokubaitis. If he manages to shoot consistantly he will be a very good player. This is a good boy to come.

Comment

So Turkey actually managed to get exhibition game before FIBA windows? And has been preparing like for a week? Jeez...I'm getting confused really on the map of basketball...
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Sam also shared his desire to acquire Turkish citizenship and a passport. He’s been working on it and although there’s no rush about it, he would like to play for the national team some time.

“I’m so interested. I’ve talked about it all year and trying to work it out with some people. I would love to get a Turkish passport and Turkish citizenship. The country’s been great to me and the league’s been great to me. I’ve gotten to know a lot of Turkish players here and the Federation, and I think they like me. I’m having fun and whatever happens, happens but I would never turn down the opportunity to be with the national team and represent Turkey. It also helps career-wise. I know Shane does it, and Scottie Wilbekin does it, some guys that take a lot of pride in doing it. So, it would be cool.”
                Its kinda annoying that everyone offers his service somehow.

Comment

Cedi will be traded most likely. Interested according to media: LAC, GSW and Nets.

Would be really cool to see him at a contender. LAC seems ideal for me. He can share minutes with Batum and is asset for future.

Comment

Well, GSW would be ok in terms of NT in this summer. Korkmaz and Ilyasova are both in top contenders in the east and west. Predicting that GSW wont make it to the playoffs would make him available at least.

Comment

• 0% chance for Utah to beat LAC or LAL in conference semis. Of course they can beat anyone else but it's not likely that brackets are made up like this. So I am sure that chances are good that Ilyasova will play for your national team (if he wants of course).

Comment

• Georgia chose Turkey and Italy chose Estonia for the Eurobasket 2022. It means Turkey will start in Tiblisi with Eurobasket 2022. It couldnt turned out better for Turkey. I would have chosen Georgia even over Estonia.

Comment

• Ergin Ataman takes over the Turkish NT!

Comment

• 35 3 point attempts up to come

Congrats, at least what all Turkish friends wanted. So let it be good.

Comment

• I still have no idea if Ergin Ataman is a decent coach. I tend to treat him as Lithuanian Sireika. When he had Jasikevicius, Macijauskas, Siskauskas, Stombergas he gave them freedom, didn't intervene much and thus won Eurobasket 2003. Something similar happening with Efes with Micic, Larkin and others. Sireika never was even close to be EL level coach...I don't think that's the figure that Turkish NT needs, but anyone is an improvement compared to complete madness of previous coach (via last game Turkey vs Greece...), that's certain.
                              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                              Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                                I still have no idea if Ergin Ataman is a decent coach. I tend to treat him as Lithuanian Sireika. When he had Jasikevicius, Macijauskas, Siskauskas, Stombergas he gave them freedom, didn't intervene much and thus won Eurobasket 2003. Something similar happening with Efes with Micic, Larkin and others. Sireika never was even close to be EL level coach...I don't think that's the figure that Turkish NT needs, but anyone is an improvement compared to complete madness of previous coach (via last game Turkey vs Greece...), that's certain.
                                Ergin Ataman is a very good offensive coach with very simple but effective basketball. He likes to play with a very dominant guard and he has Larkin. The offensive power of the team is great so he will come up with a good plan, no worry

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information