Turkish NT 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
    My team Bandirma can raise bigs but no guards. Öncel is more like a small forward then a play maker. Horrible court vision, bad passing skills, bad shooting, bad decision making but an elite rim runner. Hes not nt material and wont ever be.

Sehmus is surely a great prospect. High motor, always focussed, always hungry, good athleticism, great first step, has court vision, shooting looks very solid BUT he is not ready. Doesnt understand the game to the full extend, plays more with his passion than his brain, he is too skinny and would be blocked all the time at the rim. Has surely potential for decision making but not yet. Maybe 2021 in eurobasket well see
    Rıdvan has some flaws but his excellent at attaking the rim. He can handle ball an cover both 1and 2 positions. Even if not a great shooter a threat beyond the arc. Who do you compare him with? Balbay? What about Balbay's weak aspects? If he has any strong points except defence.

Sehmus is not skinny. His body is quite okay maybe he might bulk up a bit but you can not call him weak. Power is in spirit and kids has guts to compete against all opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by c-myers View Post
      Rıdvan has some flaws but his excellent at attaking the rim. He can handle ball an cover both 1and 2 positions. Even if not a great shooter a threat beyond the arc. Who do you compare him with? Balbay? What about Balbay's weak aspects? If he has any strong points except defence.

Sehmus is not skinny. His body is quite okay maybe he might bulk up a bit but you can not call him weak. Power is in spirit and kids has guts to compete against all opponents.
      Öncel is not excellent in anything. He attacks the rim like a bull who saw the red color and he is not used to play in higher leagues. I am a bandirma supporter and I have been dealing with youth for 20 years. Hazer has time and Öncel is not an option but if you want to take one guy from bandirma then it should be sengün.

Balbay is really not a good solution if he needs to play for defense. You play with 4 guys in the offense with him but if you need one defense in the last 10 seconds he is your man. He can be taken always as 12th man. I would like to see Akay before Hazer but both will be integral parts of the nt anyway.

Comment

Our friend Köksal also got a call. Its really shameful that a talentless guy as him may play for the national team. Its a good roster of the available guys. I just would have liked to see Ulubay as well.

Comment

Thats nonsense. How come Koksal and Gecim in and Ulubay out?

Comment

Shane Larkin is out of the roster due to an ankle injury. He wont play the two following games against NL and Sweden. Its even better because I want to see how much the other guys developed.

Comment

One week before the important FIBA window the bb federation of Turkey dismissed head coach Ufuk Sarica. The reason of the decision is rumored as choosing Wilbekin over Larkin. He had the opinion that Larkin is not ready and didnt want to call him and the federation pushed for Larkin...

A very happy outcome since Sarica was extremely unsuccessful with the nt. Scandalous roster decisions, bad preparations and bad decisions within games...

Orhun Ene the former head coach of Tofas Bursa seems to be the strongest candidate for the position.

Comment

1 Name: Selcuk Ernak > best Turkish coach in this moment in my opinion.

Plays modern, plays hard and even sometimes with lack of talent always good and competitive basketball. I would like him to get the spot and I am sure Turks will be happy.

Comment

Agree with you Toruko, really bad move from the Turkish Basketball Federation, one week before those two important games..

I like Selcuk Ernak a lot, he is a smart coach, however Orhun Ene is also one of the best option as the Turkish NT headcoach. The preliminary roster was announced yesterday, agree with most selections, would only like to see more youngsters getting a chance, like Mert Akay as he might be our future PG. Other options could be e.g. Egehan Arna or Erkan Yilmaz also getting a chance, instead of the never will be's like Tolga Gecim of Melih Mahmutoglu. At least we have a revolution with Semih Erden not showing up anymore

Ege Arar-Aliağa Petkim Spor
                  Doğuş Balbay-Anadolu Efes
                  A. Buğrahan Tuncer-Anadolu Efes
                  Deshane Davis Larkin-Anadolu Efes
                  Sertaç Şanlı-Anadolu Efes
                  Tolga Geçim-Anadolu Efes
                  Alperen Şengün-Beşiktaş JK
                  Şehmus Hazer-Beşiktaş JK
                  Berk Demir-Darüşşafaka Tekfen
                  Doğuş Özdemiroğlu-Darüşşafaka Tekfen
                  Metehan Akyel-Empera Halı G.Antep Basketbol
                  Melih Mahmutoğlu-Fenerbahçe Beko
                  Yiğit Arslan-Galatasaray
                  J.Metecan Birsen-Pınar Karşıyaka
                  Berkan Durmaz-Tofaş
                  Berk İbrahim Uğurlu-Tofaş

Comment

My boy Sengün gives Larkin a hard time. First training is done.

Comment

Comment

This would be my preferred spread of minutes on the NT:

PG Berk Uğurlu- 20 Doğuş Özdemiroğlu- 10 Doğuş Balbay- 10
                        SG Shane Larkin- 30 Buğrahan Tuncer- 10
                        SF Şehmus Hazer- 20 Yiğit Arslan- 20
                        PF Berkan Durmaz- 20 Berk Demir- 10 J.Metecan Birsen- 10
                        C Alperen Şengün-25 Sertaç Şanlı- 15

Comment

Lol, the federation invited Ersan Ilyasova for the Sweden game and he rejected as expected because he is waiting for a contract but he said he will be available for the olympic qualifiers.

Such a stupid move, of course he will say no.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                            Lol, the federation invited Ersan Ilyasova for the Sweden game and he rejected as expected because he is waiting for a contract but he said he will be available for the olympic qualifiers.

Such a stupid move, of course he will say no.
                            I think it still worth to try, even it chances are close to zero, it cost nothing, maybe he would accept it like some Jerebko did

Comment

I agree with Mindozas. It's not stupid. Not at all. It's obligation and would be unprofessional not to ask.

Comment

Yeah maybe you guys are right.

The Turkish NT roster for the upcoming window is anounced. 5 guys will be cut and our friend Göksenin Köksal is again within the group.

There are 4 from Besiktas and 3 guys from Anadolu Efes. Orhun Ene seems to want to use guys who know each other well. I just miss Egemen Güven of Afyon and it seems with Orhun Enes arriving that the time of Semih Erden is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information