Turkish NT 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish NT 2019

We booked our place at the WC 2019. So it is fun to speculate about our NT. The team is obviously a shadow of its former self in comparison to last decade. Not really impressed by Osman contrary to general view, he was way too inconsistent through the season, hopefully he will show a little bit better performance in NT. Korkmaz couldn't have adjusted his role in 76ers yet and he didn't take enough minutes due to various reasons. It is hard to call him a complete NBA player for now. But he will make it one way or another. Potential is there. Ilyasova will probably join the team and his presence will hit the spot at that position for this tournament aswell, as we are very drought at PF.

Except NBAers, other Turkish players don't make notable impact on their teams and I just can't see them as the integral part of our team. All players will have to try harder when they wear NT jersey if we want to have a good tournament. It is seriously hard to even make a fantasy roster with what we have in general. Thoughts on NT for WC 2019?
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
    We booked our place at the WC 2019. So it is fun to speculate about our NT. The team is obviously a shadow of its former self in comparison to last decade. Not really impressed by Osman contrary to general view, he was way too inconsistent through the season, hopefully he will show a little bit better performance in NT. Korkmaz couldn't have adjusted his role in 76ers yet and he didn't take enough minutes due to various reasons. It is hard to call him a complete NBA player for now. But he will make it one way or another. Potential is there. Ilyasova will probably join the team and his presence will hit the spot at that position for this tournament aswell, as we are very drought at PF.

Except NBAers, other Turkish players don't make notable impact on their teams and I just can't see them as the integral part of our team. All players will have to try harder when they wear NT jersey if we want to have a good tournament. It is seriously hard to even make a fantasy roster with what we have in general. Thoughts on NT for WC 2019?
    I think Cedi had personally a good season. He ran pick and roll and was used as point forward. Shooting is still very inconsistent but for Fiba he is more than enough until quarter Finals.

Furk played good minutes after the trade of Butler and he also gained weight. He is still inconsistent in shooting but i am sure he will take an important role and will contribute in WC 19

Ersan is our cornerstone and a great asset. With the nba core of Cedi, Furkan and Wilbekin our starting five can compete with most of the teams in the wc. We are weak under the rim thats right. We lost the Kanter bros ( Enes and Keren) and i dont count on Ă–mer Asik anymore. We have to wait for Yurtseven. If he comes we will be competetive against most teams like i said.

Its not hard at all to form a team. Our starting five will be

Dogus, Wilbekin, Cedi, Ersan, and Semih Erden.

Dogus, Wilbekin, Furk, Cedi and Ersan if we want to play pace and space.

The bench will be taken over by Furk.

Sinan or Kartal, Melih, Furk, Tolga Gecim and hopefully Yurtseven or Sertac Sanli.

Japan and Czech should be no problem. Montenegro with Vuc could be hard but we should be stronger. I am not afraid of Greece at all. We are younger, faster longer and stronger than guys like Calathes or Sloukas. Just Giannis (if he comes) is a problem but Kawhi showed us how to stop him. I think quarter Finals are probable and being in the top 8 is enough for us for this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
      I think Cedi had personally a good season. He ran pick and roll and was used as point forward. Shooting is still very inconsistent but for Fiba he is more than enough until quarter Finals.

Furk played good minutes after the trade of Butler and he also gained weight. He is still inconsistent in shooting but i am sure he will take an important role and will contribute in WC 19

Ersan is our cornerstone and a great asset. With the nba core of Cedi, Furkan and Wilbekin our starting five can compete with most of the teams in the wc. We are weak under the rim thats right. We lost the Kanter bros ( Enes and Keren) and i dont count on Ă–mer Asik anymore. We have to wait for Yurtseven. If he comes we will be competetive against most teams like i said.

Its not hard at all to form a team. Our starting five will be

Dogus, Wilbekin, Cedi, Ersan, and Semih Erden.

Dogus, Wilbekin, Furk, Cedi and Ersan if we want to play pace and space.

The bench will be taken over by Furk.

Sinan or Kartal, Melih, Furk, Tolga Gecim and hopefully Yurtseven or Sertac Sanli.

Japan and Czech should be no problem. Montenegro with Vuc could be hard but we should be stronger. I am not afraid of Greece at all. We are younger, faster longer and stronger than guys like Calathes or Sloukas. Just Giannis (if he comes) is a problem but Kawhi showed us how to stop him. I think quarter Finals are probable and being in the top 8 is enough for us for this time.
      What kahwi leonard showed us is if you are kahwi leonard you can stop Giannis. We dont have him. But I agree our young core can outrun Greece. We have a very strong offensive 5 in Wilbekin Korkmaz Osman Ilyasova and Erden. Or Even replacing Semih with a shooter. But we really need defense. Games are definetely gonna be fun to watch. Our motto used to be dont let opponents to score 70. Now our motto should be at least score 80

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
        What kahwi leonard showed us is if you are kahwi leonard you can stop Giannis. We dont have him. But I agree our young core can outrun Greece. We have a very strong offensive 5 in Wilbekin Korkmaz Osman Ilyasova and Erden. Or Even replacing Semih with a shooter. But we really need defense. Games are definetely gonna be fun to watch. Our motto used to be dont let opponents to score 70. Now our motto should be at least score 80
        Kawhi is a serious problem nobody would deny it but since giannis cant take midranger you just have to shrink his space to force him take shots. If you double him with Cedi and Ersan it wont be easy for him to accelerate and Ersan probably tries him out in training. Giannis is dangerous when you have great shooter around him and calathes is everything but definitely not a shooter and sloukas is just reliable from the top but he will try to get midranger. You have to stop him there. Its not nba the court is shorter and the game is more different.

P.S. with Erden you are everything but not fast.
        Last edited by Toruko; 05-28-2019, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Furkan Korkmaz is a much, much better player as he was in 2017. No doubt about it, he will take over.

Bugrahan Tuncer is a very important player for turkish BB, he is clearly better as Ă–zmizrak, GĂ¼ler etc. and if Sarica tolaretes his talent Bugrahan will have an impact on this team for sure. But of course i don´t trust Sarica.

Comment

So the TBL-season has ended and the World Cup is getting closer. I would like to hear your 12 man NT squad.

Some players are a sure bet of course (e.g. Osman, Korkmaz, ilyasova, Wilbekin), however, we are really weak at the center spot.

I would put up the following squad at the WC:
            PG: Scottie Wilbekin 25, Bugrahan Tuncer 10, Balbay 5
            SG: Furkan Korkmaz 25, Melih Mahmutoglu 10, Tolga Gecim 5
            SF: Cedi Osman 30, Berkan Durmaz 5, Tolga Gecim 5
            PF: Ersan Ilyasova 25, Metecan Birsen 10, Metin Turen 5
            C: Omer Yurtseven/Ege Arar/Sertac Sanli/Semih Erden/Muhsin Yasar (select two based on form during the preparation)

I know that above squad will end up with 13, but Tolga Gecmis or Dogus Balbay will be dropped in the end.

Sehmus Hazer, Berke Atar and Kartal Ozmizrak as additional members during the preparation period and in case of injuries.

Comment

Fenerbahçe Beko: Ali Muhammed (Bobby Dixon), Melih Mahmutoğlu

Anadolu Efes: Doğuş Balbay, Sertaç Şanlı, Buğrahan Tuncer, Metecan Birsen, Yiğitcan Saybir, Tolga Geçim

Banvit: Rıdvan Ă–ncel, Şehmus Hazer, Ragıp Berke Atar

DarĂ¼şşafaka Tekfen: Kartal Ă–zmızrak, Mert Akay

Galatasaray Doğa Sigorta: Göksenin Köksal, Ege Arar, Ayberk Olmaz

İstanbul BBSK: Semih Erden

Tofaş: Berk Uğurlu, Muhsin Yaşar, Yiğit Arslan, Berkan Durmaz

TĂ¼rk Telekom: Metin TĂ¼ren

Cleveland Cavaliers: Cedi Osman

Milwaukee Bucks: Ersan İlyasova

Philadelphia 76ers: Furkan Korkmaz

Maccabi FOX: Vilbekin (Scottie Wilbekin)
              FENERBAHÇE
              --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
              --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
              --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
              --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
                Fenerbahçe Beko: Ali Muhammed (Bobby Dixon), Melih Mahmutoğlu

Anadolu Efes: Doğuş Balbay, Sertaç Şanlı, Buğrahan Tuncer, Metecan Birsen, Yiğitcan Saybir, Tolga Geçim

Banvit: Rıdvan Ă–ncel, Şehmus Hazer, Ragıp Berke Atar

DarĂ¼şşafaka Tekfen: Kartal Ă–zmızrak, Mert Akay

Galatasaray Doğa Sigorta: Göksenin Köksal, Ege Arar, Ayberk Olmaz

İstanbul BBSK: Semih Erden

Tofaş: Berk Uğurlu, Muhsin Yaşar, Yiğit Arslan, Berkan Durmaz

TĂ¼rk Telekom: Metin TĂ¼ren

Cleveland Cavaliers: Cedi Osman

Milwaukee Bucks: Ersan İlyasova

Philadelphia 76ers: Furkan Korkmaz

Maccabi FOX: Vilbekin (Scottie Wilbekin)
                My 12:

Wilbekin
                Dogus
                Kartal
                Furkan
                Melih
                Bugrahan / Yigit
                Cedi
                Tolga
                Ersan
                Berkan / Metin
                Semih
                Sertac
                Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Id go with

Wilbekin-Balbay-Ă–zmızrak
                  Korkmaz - Mahmutoğlu
                  Osman-Geçim
                  Ilyasova-TĂ¼ren
                  Erden-Şanlı-Atar

Comment

Originally posted by okanial View Post
                    Id go with

Wilbekin-Balbay-Ă–zmızrak
                    Korkmaz - Mahmutoğlu
                    Osman-Geçim
                    Ilyasova-TĂ¼ren
                    Erden-Şanlı-Atar
                    Reason why I go with 4 bigs, Ersan played minutes as center with Bucks and he can play that role at small line ups.

Wilbekin-Korkmaz-Gecim-Cedi-Ersan will be a nice line up when we need.

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
                      Reason why I go with 4 bigs, Ersan played minutes as center with Bucks and he can play that role at small line ups.

Wilbekin-Korkmaz-Gecim-Cedi-Ersan will be a nice line up when we need.
                      I agree. Reason I picked Atar as the last guy is same. 5th big wont play and actually we will have 8-10 guy rotation so that spot is filler. And atar has the highest ceiling and it would be a good experience for him

Comment

Dogus, Bugrahan, Mert Akay
                        Wilbekin, Melih
                        Cedi, Furkan
                        Ersan, Gecim
                        Semih, Sertac, Berke

Comment

I would really like to see Omer Yurtseven and how he performs in the preparation games. He has some NBA potential so it will be good do see him with the team. For sure he wouldn’t play worse than most of our choices at the C.
                          Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
                          Adın yazılacak mĂ¼cevher taşa.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                            Dogus, Bugrahan, Mert Akay
                            Wilbekin, Melih
                            Cedi, Furkan
                            Ersan, Gecim
                            Semih, Sertac, Berke
                            I would pick up the same roster, with one change, Balbay should be backup PG. We ll know ha lacks creativity

Bugrahan(Akay)-Wilbekin-Cedi-Ersan-Sertac

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
                              My 12:

Wilbekin
                              Dogus
                              Kartal
                              Furkan
                              Melih
                              Bugrahan / Yigit
                              Cedi
                              Tolga
                              Ersan
                              Berkan / Metin
                              Semih
                              Sertac
                              As Kartal is out now, I would take Bugrahan & Yigit together. Bugrahan as playmaker role.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information