Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Betting the Euroleague

yeah, that +153 bet was stupid. Too bad I only got a feel right after I placed it.
    Now, let's stick to what works:
    1. CSKA to beat Red Star - pretty reasonable. Red Star home very loud but it's CSKA...
    2. Efes to beat Bayern - I think Efes are playing without Larkin, Micic? Bayern not a team of pussies, they might sting here, but probably not
    3. Maccabi to beat Valencia - this is a "heart" bet - more like hoping Maccabi wins than I care about 10 quid... Valencia a strong home team on a great winning run, Maccabi without Acy and Zoos.
    Key to that game is if Maccabi have enough meat to slow down Dubljevich - I think with a rested Hunter and a trained Reynolds, they should be able to contain him in defense.
    On offence, I am hoping they run guards on his slow feet and foul trouble him.

*77----*81----*01----*04----*05----*14
    Where there's Wilbekin, there's a way!

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Yeam i'm cool with your situation...Would still be cool to be friends...What name do i search for ? And what will the profile picture look like , so i know what to look for ?
    I'll PM you

The strategy you were using is similar to mine......As far as the Euroleauge goes i get greedy for the right situation....If i don't get what i'm looking for i don't do it.....An example would be this week....If Pana or Valencia fall behind early and i can get an in game spread in the range of +8 to +11 or something like that i will probably take my chances.......Very hard to win in Valencia and Pana let alone have to blow them out.......Valencia lots of character and won't just quit at home if they fall behind early.....Similar situation in Pana....They have lots of firepower too.........Gotta go the way i want it to for me to take it though.....
    Back in the days it was profitable with EL, let's say even before the game you could take some +7/+8 spread bets on underdog and most of the times they were able to cover, but these days in EL you can't be sure that losing team will give enough effort if game would start slipping out of their hands, especially in double-week, overall each game lost a bit of meaning with current format and much more games in regular season. It's really harder to bet

Tonight I'm leaning towards underish (164,5pts) game in Valencia, as Drax wrore, Maccabi is a bit rested, I hope they will be able to give hard physical game to Valencia, and also will try the same under pick for PAO-Barca, sure these teams can score, sure EL scoring numbers increased, but 176,5 line is still big for EL, games started to matter more with going to finishing line

https://imgur.com/a/T4lC2ly?

Got my money back from yesterday with a bit extra....Just barely made it though....It wasn't even a game i was targeting ...Just had a strong gut feeling in game.......

This week was a tough one......Nothing came easy....

Valencia was down 10 early but the in game spread was just +3.5.......That's not enough for me....

What's an in game spread of +3.5?

Quote Originally Posted by DraxDomax View Post
    yeah, that +153 bet was stupid. Too bad I only got a feel right after I placed it.
    Now, let's stick to what works:
    1. CSKA to beat Red Star - pretty reasonable. Red Star home very loud but it's CSKA...
    2. Efes to beat Bayern - I think Efes are playing without Larkin, Micic? Bayern not a team of pussies, they might sting here, but probably not
    3. Maccabi to beat Valencia - this is a "heart" bet - more like hoping Maccabi wins than I care about 10 quid... Valencia a strong home team on a great winning run, Maccabi without Acy and Zoos.
    Key to that game is if Maccabi have enough meat to slow down Dubljevich - I think with a rested Hunter and a trained Reynolds, they should be able to contain him in defense.
    On offence, I am hoping they run guards on his slow feet and foul trouble him.

Congrats my british friend.......Lets hope that's one of many......

What's an in game spread of +3.5?
    Valencai was 3.5 point underdogs at that point in the game......

I wanted them as 8 or 9 point dogs and i would of taken it....

Congrats my british friend.......Lets hope that's one of many......
    Cheers my American-with-less-guns friend!

Had a strong gut feel and thought the other two games were bunkers that can give a little extra to the vig - easy money...

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    there's no proper forum in Lithuania to discuss sports or basketball alone
    There is and you are (were) a member of it.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post
    There is and you are (were) a member of it.
    Interesting... Maybe you are confusing me with someone, some similar looking nickname? I don't know such place nowadays, the best are dead/inactive and I'm not a member of any discussion board in LT anymore for years, since EB.lt discussion board died, but we at least managed to get together some people from there to closed FB group

Btw, congrats Drax, nice one. I was a bit less lucky with "unders", PAO-Barca ended up well, but Valencia-Maccabi made some 5-6 triples in a row with just two minutes to go to ruin the other bet. 1/1 isn't that bad

Interesting... Maybe you are confusing me with someone, some similar looking nickname? I don't know such place nowadays, the best are dead/inactive and I'm not a member of any discussion board in LT anymore for years, since EB.lt discussion board died, but we at least managed to get together some people from there to closed FB grou
    Same nickname. You posted about winning some euroleague competition once.
    Now you are not posting on that active sports and mostly basketball forum anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post
    Same nickname. You posted about winning some euroleague competition once.
    Now you are not posting on that active sports and mostly basketball forum anymore though.
    Give me a name of that forum, maybe I'll remember, maybe it will be new one for me I don't know nothing about, but probably still just the same nickname, cause I hardly won any euroleague competition in any way

Give me a name of that forum, maybe I'll remember, maybe it will be new one for me I don't know nothing about, but probably still just the same nickname, cause I hardly won any euroleague competition in any way
    Maybe same nick.
    I pm for privacy.

I've since then placed a few small bets on NBA and made 2 more winning tickets.
    My 50 is now a 62 and looking to be 70 tomorrow

This is BTW not atypical for me. I always get lucky in new gambling things I pick up - then I spin off, wager way too much and end up loosing

I am 34 now, though. So, I don't think I'll go into it so tilted if I lose again!

I have mild inetrest in the game today

Pana 9.5 dogs......If Real starts quick and i can get Pana at about +15 or in that range i might go for it.....

Pana has lots of scoring power and i think they can at least compete in this game...Real has injurues but they still have been dominant lately....Can they just win by a blowout every single game the rest of the way ?....That trend has to end eventually.....

Hard to call this one. Pana one of those teams with too much legacy to ever consider a loss. It's like how we Maccabi fans claim there's a ghost in the arena and even our worst teams sometimes beat the best team (which turns against us, as the management thinks that team had a chance and doesn't fire everyone and rebuild).

I am more interested when a wimp-on-steroids (like those fake Turkish teams a decade ago) meets a solid team and you have a "feel" that the solid team, albeit lower rated, will come hungry to that game.
    Easy money then, as the odds are profitable but you KNOW the underdog will win (again, only if you follow that team and picked up a feel).

Hard to call this one. Pana one of those teams with too much legacy to ever consider a loss. It's like how we Maccabi fans claim there's a ghost in the arena and even our worst teams sometimes beat the best team (which turns against us, as the management thinks that team had a chance and doesn't fire everyone and rebuild).

I am more interested when a wimp-on-steroids (like those fake Turkish teams a decade ago) meets a solid team and you have a "feel" that the solid team, albeit lower rated, will come hungry to that game.
    Easy money then, as the odds are profitable but you KNOW the underdog will win (again, only if you follow that team and picked up a feel).
    Yeah that sounds like a good angle...Good thinking behind it....

AS far as today goes, keep in mind if i do take Pana they won't have to win outright...Far from it........GIve me 15 or 16 points before i consider it......

BTW, here's my current slip, not entirely EL related but there's an EL in there too:

https://imgur.com/a/T4lC2ly

Nice job Drax...Keep it goin......

I'm 2-2 in my last 4 bets...In a bit of a mini slump....Hopefully i can bust out of that later this round...

When Pana was within 5 i thought i had it but a terrible 4th quarter ....Would of been a good time to use the cashout option but i try and stay away from that because it cuts into your profits too much.......Might rethink that in the future...We'll see....

Pana better get it together quick or they could miss the playoffs.....

Question: is it possible that BetSafe is augmenting the odds offered to me?

I've won my last 5 slips by stringing a few relatively safe bets for a small vig.
    I chose BetSafe because when I looked into online sports gambling about a week ago, the betsafe odds were the best of all 3 sites I checked (betsafe, bet365 and paddypower).

Now, the odds I see on betsafe are significantly worse than bet365. Games that are not so clear-cut are offered to me with a very thin profit.
    I actually got a little paranoid and started comparing odds to make sure they didn't set me up a trap (like, put a "safe" odd on some team I don't know about that actually isn't really that likely to win. So, I might bet on it, thinking it's a nice little boost but actually far more likely to screw up my slip)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast