Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Betting the Euroleague

Hey Mindozas is there something you can do as a moderator to help fix and get me the option to just post pictures without having to do it from another site.....Looks like a person has to have a dropbox account just to view the pictures i post....

Would really make things much better if you could correct this ......

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Hey Mindozas is there something you can do as a moderator to help fix and get me the option to just post pictures without having to do it from another site.....Looks like a person has to have a dropbox account just to view the pictures i post....

Would really make things much better if you could correct this ......
    I'm not much into technologies, so have no idea what's happening, never faced it before. Tried different browsers, tried turn on/off some options in settings, but can't find the problem, I can still upload pics in every way. I'll try to report this issue, maybe some other mod/admin will know smth. For now, I can offer you to use different pic uploading site, where you don't have to register, like imgur.com, you can even post direct pics from there, after uploading pic to imgur, from "share options" choose BBcode (forums) link and paste it into your message, it should work, at least it did for me when I used to use this site

I think the best course of action is to find a decent image hosting server.
    It's a mixture of how often you use it, how big images, whether you care about watermarks/ads and what's available in your country - which is why I can't really suggest you anything!

I mean, Google drive worked OK for me in the past.
    Imgur used to be one of the leading hosting sites - now, it's more like "posts" rather than images but maybe you could still make it work for you?
    Picasa, for a period of time, was also an image hosting site (and did a great job at it). I think it has now evolved to Google Images - which may be worth a try...

Probably, whatever you choose, they will later change their business model and make it terrible/impossible to get your work done
    Good luck!
    *77----*81----*01----*04----*05----*14
    Where there's Wilbekin, there's a way!

Quote Originally Posted by DraxDomax View Post
    I think the best course of action is to find a decent image hosting server.
    It's a mixture of how often you use it, how big images, whether you care about watermarks/ads and what's available in your country - which is why I can't really suggest you anything!

I mean, Google drive worked OK for me in the past.
    Imgur used to be one of the leading hosting sites - now, it's more like "posts" rather than images but maybe you could still make it work for you?
    Picasa, for a period of time, was also an image hosting site (and did a great job at it). I think it has now evolved to Google Images - which may be worth a try...

Probably, whatever you choose, they will later change their business model and make it terrible/impossible to get your work done
    Good luck!
    https://imgur.com/a/T4lC2ly

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    I'm not much into technologies, so have no idea what's happening, never faced it before. Tried different browsers, tried turn on/off some options in settings, but can't find the problem, I can still upload pics in every way. I'll try to report this issue, maybe some other mod/admin will know smth. For now, I can offer you to use different pic uploading site, where you don't have to register, like imgur.com, you can even post direct pics from there, after uploading pic to imgur, from "share options" choose BBcode (forums) link and paste it into your message, it should work, at least it did for me when I used to use this site
    Thank you bud.....Looks as though imgur.com is gonna do the trick...At least it looks that way....

That imgur opens to me as an imgur post.
    One trick you can do, if you want to embed the picture in the post (so I don't have to click the link to see it), is to right click the image in imgur and then click "copy image address" (could be different, depending on your browser).
    Then you can do the "insert image" we have here, with a url, and the forum software should render this as an embedded image.

This trick has one "risk" - the server storing your picture may change the address of the picture as some form of optimization or maybe even as a defense against people doing this trick (remember that if you embed a clean picture, not an imgur post, they don't get to display their ads).

But, in general, a "copied" image address should remain relevant for a couple of weeks...

Even though it opens to you as an imgur post did you at least see the picture ?

yeah but no idea who that team is

yeah but no idea who that team is
    Haha cool....Well as long as it worked that's all that matters...

It was an in game bet that i won in the German domestic league.....I put the bet slip and the final score in the same picture......Just figured i would share it with ya ...That's all
    Last edited by Gman365; 02-14-2020 at 08:23 PM.

nice one. Next time, share before the game so we can all make those terrible spammers a little poorer!

nice one. Next time, share before the game so we can all make those terrible spammers a little poorer!
    I do all my betting in game......I just pick up on certain in game angles combined with the right in game spread ....Seems like we have a different approach...I'll do my best as far as posting what i think can be potential games to target.......I seem to always end up in the black every year and not the red so as long as that's the case i'll keep doing it.......Can't win em all though...There will be some losses.....

Hey Drax and Mindozas would you guys be interested in hooking up on facebook ?

Being from North America i think it would be cool to have some facebook friends from Europe........I'll have to ask some of the other posters on here eventually.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    Hey Drax and Mindozas would you guys be interested in hooking up on facebook ?

Being from North America i think it would be cool to have some facebook friends from Europe........I'll have to ask some of the other posters on here eventually.....
    I'm not really active on social media I mean I have an accounts, but my FB account is kinda fake with shortened name of mine (once even was banned for that, so had to create a new one ) and I'm not posting anything there at all. Just have an account to follow the news, to play some games and also being a member of few Lithuanian FB groups, where we discuss stuff, also bball, with friends and other people, cause interesting enough, but there's no proper forum in Lithuania to discuss sports or basketball alone, just some comments sections in sites filled with teens, which is a mess. So I'm not posting drunk pictures, food pictures, jokes, opinion on hot topics, but sure, if that's ok, we can be friends until I'll be banned again

Going on topic, betting just on live events it's interesting option. Back in the days, some 8-10 years ago or so, I was making good money on NCAA, where I had little clue about the teams, but was looking for a games where a bit more obvious favorite was starting the game slower and was catching ML or HC on them. That was really profitable, sad that it didn't last forever, the bookies I'm betting in started to ignore the league on live betting. This season Euroleague is also less predictable, let's say so far have no ideas about upcoming round what to bet on, too many questionmarks, so been focusing more on football (soccer) lately

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    I'm not really active on social media I mean I have an accounts, but my FB account is kinda fake with shortened name of mine (once even was banned for that, so had to create a new one ) and I'm not posting anything there at all. Just have an account to follow the news, to play some games and also being a member of few Lithuanian FB groups, where we discuss stuff, also bball, with friends and other people, cause interesting enough, but there's no proper forum in Lithuania to discuss sports or basketball alone, just some comments sections in sites filled with teens, which is a mess. So I'm not posting drunk pictures, food pictures, jokes, opinion on hot topics, but sure, if that's ok, we can be friends until I'll be banned again

Going on topic, betting just on live events it's interesting option. Back in the days, some 8-10 years ago or so, I was making good money on NCAA, where I had little clue about the teams, but was looking for a games where a bit more obvious favorite was starting the game slower and was catching ML or HC on them. That was really profitable, sad that it didn't last forever, the bookies I'm betting in started to ignore the league on live betting. This season Euroleague is also less predictable, let's say so far have no ideas about upcoming round what to bet on, too many questionmarks, so been focusing more on football (soccer) lately
    Yeam i'm cool with your situation...Would still be cool to be friends...What name do i search for ? And what will the profile picture look like , so i know what to look for ?

The strategy you were using is similar to mine......As far as the Euroleauge goes i get greedy for the right situation....If i don't get what i'm looking for i don't do it.....An example would be this week....If Pana or Valencia fall behind early and i can get an in game spread in the range of +8 to +11 or something like that i will probably take my chances.......Very hard to win in Valencia and Pana let alone have to blow them out.......Valencia lots of character and won't just quit at home if they fall behind early.....Similar situation in Pana....They have lots of firepower too.........Gotta go the way i want it to for me to take it though.....

If i do it i'll post a pic of the bet slip....I won't start bragging about winning without proof.....

I have FB because messenger seems to be the best way to keep up with 3 selected friends from the comfort of my computer. It's a very niche usage for me, I was never looking to make it a platform to increase my chat volume.
    I used to be very active on FB until I realized I am addicted and need to set a very lean cap on my activity there.
    Nothing personal!
    Damn, if you were in my town I'd love to have a beer and actually socialize!

Bombs away!

I have FB because messenger seems to be the best way to keep up with 3 selected friends from the comfort of my computer. It's a very niche usage for me, I was never looking to make it a platform to increase my chat volume.
    I used to be very active on FB until I realized I am addicted and need to set a very lean cap on my activity there.
    Nothing personal!
    Damn, if you were in my town I'd love to have a beer and actually socialize!
    Not a problem bud...If you change your mind just tell me the name to search for and i'll look you up for a friend request....

Bombs away!

Goof luck bro...I'll keep an eye on that.....Gonna pay close attention to the Fener Real game too.......If i can get Fener as 9 or 10 point dogs early in the game i'm gonna take it......Real has injurues and had to play alot in the Copa on the weekend.........Fener a physical, hungry, desperate team, with a great crowd behind them......They won't go away just because they fall behind early.........Let's see how it plays out in game though.....

Lol, in retrospect, Villeurbanne + Olympiacos to score over 153 is a little wild...
    I do have a good feeling about Maccabi!
    And why would they accept bets on CSKA winning RedStar is beyond me...

I guess I am hoping for Olympiacos to smash Villeurbanne. 84:70 will be fine by me

Got the number i wanted in the Fener game but it still wasn't close....So much for my 2 game winning streak....On to the next one....

https://imgur.com/a/T4lC2ly

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast