Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Betting the Euroleague

Default Betting the Euroleague

Letís have some fun and make some money. Hereís my analysis for Game 3ís.

Throw out the Baskonia-CSKA game because I wouldnít bet with your money. CSKA as a slight road favorite is surprising to me. I thought it would have been reversed.

I like Barcelona over Efes but not convincingly and at -235 to win 100 there is no value.

I love Panathinaikos at -152 to win 100. I donít think they will get swept. Home court and pride makes this a great bet to me.

I love Fener -184 to win 100 as well. Played horrible defense in game 2 and this has bounce back performance written all over it.

So the wager is 2 team parlay with Fener and Pao. You win around 156 for every 100 you put up.

These American odds, it's so freaking confusing Needed online odds converter to decimal to get it. I took Fener to win too, but for greater price. Now with odds dropped to 1.50 it doesn't worth a risk, got 1.70 for it, which is way more acceptable.
    PAO - Real, as I wrote in other thread, took Real in 3 with 3.60 before series, so could cover it a bit, but still thinking. What I like more is total pts under. 147 and 141 in Madrid, 147 couple of weeks ago in Athens, now the line is almost 160...
    Other two games... now idea now, probably will wait for players market to appear

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    These American odds, it's so freaking confusing Needed online odds converter to decimal to get it. I took Fener to win too, but for greater price. Now with odds dropped to 1.50 it doesn't worth a risk, got 1.70 for it, which is way more acceptable.
    PAO - Real, as I wrote in other thread, took Real in 3 with 3.60 before series, so could cover it a bit, but still thinking. What I like more is total pts under. 147 and 141 in Madrid, 147 couple of weeks ago in Athens, now the line is almost 160...
    Other two games... now idea now, probably will wait for players market to appear
    Yeah the European model always confuses me. Basically the American model only refers to actual winnings and doesn’t include your own money since it’s understood that you didn’t win that.

I looked at the total points as well but I tend to stay away from those type of bets unless I love it.

Depending on how big your bet for 3-0 Real was in that situation I would calculate half that amount and bet it on Panathinaikos for game 3. That way you are 100% assured of getting paid off.

You definitely sound like you know what you’re doing but my advice on the other 2 games would be to sit them out. If you don’t like something don’t search too hard to try to find something.
    Last edited by usagre; 04-21-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Depending on how big your bet for 3-0 Real was in that situation I would calculate half that amount and bet it on Panathinaikos for game 3. That way you are 100% assured of getting paid off.
    It's not smth I couldn't afford to lose. I saw some value in it, so made a medium bet, that's why I'm still thinking, actually I thought that prices will be 50/50, but with PAO being' favorite, it doesn't help me. Probably will leave it as it is, maybe livebet could be an option

You definitely sound like you know what you’re doing but my advice on the other 2 games would be to sit them out. If you don’t like something don’t search too hard to try to find something.
    I'm in business since first bookie opened it's door in Lithuania back in 2002, so know very well what are you talking about, very good point People tend to bet on whatever when big games are being played - Euroleague PO or F4, NTs tournaments be it basketball or football. They must bet on smth in each game, each given game. Even if there's nothing to bet on, they still finds some angle and usually lose. No wonder bookies makes lot of money during such events. But it's really hard to stay away, even for me, being quite experienced at this There were only two bets I took from other two games so far - CSKA to win first game in combo with Fener, back then odds were still acceptable, after big wins dropped, so skipped the 2nd ones, luckily. And then had Moermann to collect over19,5pts (points+rebs+assists) in last game, knew he will play a lot, well, he played all 40mins, but finished with exactly 19 Shite happens, but not a big loss either, never bet too much on players totals as you never know if some injury might occur, early fouls and you're done

Here’s another perfect example and tip for betters out there. Sometimes you like to bet early and lock in your odds but it’s also wise to hold out because stuff like the Calathes thing can happen. I may have dodged a huge bullet.

Here’s another perfect example and tip for betters out there. Sometimes you like to bet early and lock in your odds but it’s also wise to hold out because stuff like the Calathes thing can happen. I may have dodged a huge bullet.
    Calathes is just crushed, he will play eventually.
    previously known as Beno

All in on zalgiris

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    All in on zalgiris
    All in? Either this "all" is not big, either you know smth we don't As I see no reason to be so sure in Zalgiris win to bet whole bankroll on it

We have super duper early betting lines already for Round 1! This is hilarious. The bookmaker putting this out is 1xBet.com, which is a known scam book that doesn't pay you when you win a lot from their site.

Anyway, here they are:

Home / Away

KHI -3.5 / MTA
    BAY / AXM -3.5
    ASV / OLY -5.5
    RMB -3.5 / FNB
    ZAL -3.5 / BSK
    EFS / FCB -1.5
    ALB -4.5 / ZEN
    PAO -9.5 / CZV
    VAL / CSK -6.5

At first glance, I like:

KHI -3.5
    BAY +3.5
    OLY -5.5
    ALB -4.5
    PAO -9.5

Interested to see what others think about these!

It is too early but I would go with below for now..

Pao -9,5
    Real -3,5
    Barca -1,5

Considering that Baskonia is one of the most troublesome opponents for Zalgiris in the last few seasons (along with Real, Khimki...?), plus Zalgiris won't have half of the squad until WC ends (Lekavicius, Grigonis, Ulanovas, Jankunas, Landale, Geben?), Baskonia +3.5 is a MUST.

Default The punter thread (Euroleague bets)

I thought we could have a separate thread for actual money bets, odds, tips, etc...

I could definitely use a tip!

I had a HUGE feeling Maccabi would win this game and I was willing to put 10 quid on it (first sports bet ever).

I actually put two bets:

1. Paddy Power - Maccabi to beat Fener, 3.7:1
    Result: Win 27 quid, not bad!

2. BetFair - Here I got greedy:
    Maccabi to beat Fener
    x
    Bayern to beat Valencia (I had a HUGE feeling here as well!)
    x
    Calathes to dish less than 11 assists (I felt Zenith will try to stop his team play)
    x
    Mirotic to score 19 or more (HERE, I didn't have a feeling but I got greedy because of the total)
    Bet: 10 quid
    Expected win: 300 quid
    Result: First 3 happened but I failed on Mirotic, only scored 15...

Total result: 27-10 = 17 quid ahead, not bad
    Lessons learned:
    1. Don't mix HUGE feels with 'meh' feels. It ruins a good slip!
    2. Don't even bet on things I don't have a special feel about!

I will work on a better format for showing my slip and result. So, it would be nicer to read

What are you punters up to?
    *77----*81----*01----*04----*05----*14
    Where there's Wilbekin, there's a way!

If you bet any of the domestic leagues around Europe it would be cool to talk about that too...

When you click on insert image so yo can post your bet slips it only allows you to post a picture from a url...

You can't post your personal pictures ?

Are you actually asking? I thought you have so many more posts than me that you know better than me

But as far as I understand - yeah, you can only share links.
    I can understand that - imagine hosting takes space, space costs money.

But it's super easy to find a hoster that will let you upload and share pics in forums. I am currently using google drive but you can google "best image hosting" to see which are the leading free hosting providers

The Israeli BB league is very anticlimactic compared to EL. I don't really follow it.
    I only follow BBall and HW boxing

Quote Originally Posted by DraxDomax View Post
    I thought we could have a separate thread for actual money bets, odds, tips, etc...

I could definitely use a tip!
    We already had start of such thread at the end of previous EL season, so I hope Drax you don't mind that I merged it

Quote Originally Posted by Gman365 View Post
    When you click on insert image so yo can post your bet slips it only allows you to post a picture from a url...

You can't post your personal pictures ?
    You should be able to post it, there are options "from computer" and "from URL", click "from computer", then choose file, an finally click on "upload file(s)" and it should work like this

Untitled.jpg

We already had start of such thread at the end of previous EL season, so I hope Drax you don't mind that I merged it

You should be able to post it, there are options "from computer" and "from URL", click "from computer", then choose file, an finally click on "upload file(s)" and it should work like this

Untitled.jpg
    When i click on the add photo icon, the from computer option is not there bud.....

Just the url option....

I had huge problems browsing the forum yesterday - no page would load!
    It started with, day before yesterday, I refreshed this thread and saw it doesn't exist anymore.

= I thought I was banned!
    Last edited by DraxDomax; 02-11-2020 at 02:59 PM.

I am thinking about putting something for the winner of EL...

My idea is:
    10 on Efes to win EL = 37.5 (27.5 profit)
    +
    10 on Barca to win EL = 45 (35 profit)

So, worst case scenario is someone else wins and I lose 20...
    But between those two, it has to be pretty certain I profit 7.5 or 25.

Sounds like a decent little punt. Anyone else with like-minded inclinations?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast