Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 328

Thread: 2020 Philippine u18 Team

  1. #261
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,529
    Country: Canada

    Default

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CA7e8mbDWZe/

    This kid should also be included for the u18 team if possible, potential is high

  2. #262
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,206
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Anyone seen how this Cabanero kid from San Beda highschool plays? Heard he's a 6'2 point guard
    We have this chance to fit JC in the gilas team, why are you putting in effort on finding ways to exclude him?

    - lurklurk

  3. #263
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,529
    Country: Canada

    Default



    6’1 17 sg if he could grow a few more inches he’d be a legit prospect, he has length and his athleticism is high

  4. #264
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    8,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRodster21 View Post


    6’1 17 sg if he could grow a few more inches he’d be a legit prospect, he has length and his athleticism is high
    yep he looks like he has a long wingspan which makes him dunk the Ball easier than most players and he could jump as well

  5. #265
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    8,851

    Default

    Briones 6'6, Torculas 6'5, De Liaņo 6'6,Lazaro 6'5,Lopez 6'6.Our homegrown wings and shooting guards are getting taller already.I hope they get better than at least RR Pogoy in terms of skill set and shooting maybe even surpass the skills and efficiency of Marcio Lassiter.

  6. #266
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    781
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Briones 6'6, Torculas 6'5, De Liaņo 6'6,Lazaro 6'5,Lopez 6'6.Our homegrown wings and shooting guards are getting taller already.I hope they get better than at least RR Pogoy in terms of skill set and shooting maybe even surpass the skills and efficiency of Marcio Lassiter.
    I hope basketball stakeholders provide a training camp for this young turks that focus to develop them as wing player, focusing to improve their ballhanding, passing, playmaking and and over all perimeter game

  7. #267
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,034
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    I hope basketball stakeholders provide a training camp for this young turks that focus to develop them as wing player, focusing to improve their ballhanding, passing, playmaking and and over all perimeter game
    With this pandemic, the possibilty of that even go more slimmer

  8. #268
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,529
    Country: Canada

    Default



    Pshould be considered for the u18, point forward for UP, his shooting wasn’t great during the season but he can still improve, averaged a crazy number of rebounds as well.

  9. #269
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    21
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    With this pandemic, the possibilty of that even go more slimmer
    True. In this situation, basketball would be the least priority of the powers that be....and rightly so.

  10. #270
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,620
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Briones 6'6, Torculas 6'5, De Liaņo 6'6,Lazaro 6'5,Lopez 6'6.Our homegrown wings and shooting guards are getting taller already.I hope they get better than at least RR Pogoy in terms of skill set and shooting maybe even surpass the skills and efficiency of Marcio Lassiter.
    Even a 6-foot-5 version of Marcio Lassiter (I mean a 6-foot-5 player with the exact skills of Marcio) would already be a quality swingman in Asian basketball. A 6-foot-5 CJ Perez would easily be among the top 3 shooting guards in Asia-Pacific basketball (including Australia & NZ).
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  11. #271
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,206
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Even a 6-foot-5 version of Marcio Lassiter (I mean a 6-foot-5 player with the exact skills of Marcio) would already be a quality swingman in Asian basketball. A 6-foot-5 CJ Perez would easily be among the top 3 shooting guards in Asia-Pacific basketball (including Australia & NZ).
    Once Lopez gets his US training, there's your 6'5, 6'6 CJ perez
    We have this chance to fit JC in the gilas team, why are you putting in effort on finding ways to exclude him?

    - lurklurk

  12. #272
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,034
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Once Lopez gets his US training, there's your 6'5, 6'6 CJ perez
    Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    Once Lopez gets his US training, there's your 6'5, 6'6 CJ perez
    Lopez will. With Ewp sponsorship. Hehe.

    The question is if there are more players willing to be sponsored by ewp and go abroad

  13. #273
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,206
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Lopez will. With Ewp sponsorship. Hehe.

    The question is if there are more players willing to be sponsored by ewp and go abroad
    It's not for everyone. Hopefully, the likes of torculas, jordi will follow suit. Ethan had a brief stint in the States but did more harm than good. Seemed like the kid got overwhelmed with the level out there and lost confidence.
    We have this chance to fit JC in the gilas team, why are you putting in effort on finding ways to exclude him?

    - lurklurk

  14. #274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    It's not for everyone. Hopefully, the likes of torculas, jordi will follow suit. Ethan had a brief stint in the States but did more harm than good. Seemed like the kid got overwhelmed with the level out there and lost confidence.
    I've played in recreational leagues that featured a few former Div. 2 and 3 players and I must say their trash talk game is something else. If you're not mentally conditioned for those stuff, it will really consume you and bring you down; what more for Div. 1.

  15. #275
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    11,413
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Lopez will. With Ewp sponsorship. Hehe.

    The question is if there are more players willing to be sponsored by ewp and go abroad
    huh? since when ewp does sponshorship? they arent even making that much money.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  16. #276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    huh? since when ewp does sponshorship? they arent even making that much money.
    Sorry for the ignorance, but what is EWP exactly? Like what kind of company is it and what do they do?

  17. #277
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,206
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petertheanteater View Post
    I've played in recreational leagues that featured a few former Div. 2 and 3 players and I must say their trash talk game is something else. If you're not mentally conditioned for those stuff, it will really consume you and bring you down; what more for Div. 1.
    I think ethan went there around 3 years ago and he was like 15 years old. Can't recall the exact details but when he was out there, he was the tallest on the team and was also taller than the teams they played. It was in the States yet he was towering in the competition yet much smaller kids were rebounding the ball and scoring over him. He'd receive passes underneath and will not know what to do with the ball like he freezes for an eternity. Kid really needs to get comfortable, maybe a good team mate to guide him through. I see in the drills he can run without losing the ball, and he has good touch, something not too common with tall kids. Maybe if he learns how to compose himself he'll make a decent role playing big
    We have this chance to fit JC in the gilas team, why are you putting in effort on finding ways to exclude him?

    - lurklurk

  18. #278
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,034
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    huh? since when ewp does sponshorship? they arent even making that much money.
    They are sponsoring Kai right???

    And they said, they are willing to support more players

  19. #279
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    11,413
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    They are sponsoring Kai right???

    And they said, they are willing to support more players
    mvp sports foundation and chooks sponsors kai thru ewp afaik.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  20. #280
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    2,034
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    mvp sports foundation and chooks sponsors kai thru ewp afaik.
    Oh ok. But Lopez will follow Kai with that EWP route. Probably Mvp sporrts and chooks are the ones who will sponsor him too

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •