Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Philippine u18 Team

any news on NU's JV Papa?
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Check Raven Cortez’s IG story. He already improved his upper body. He is looking like a man out there.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    Check Raven Cortez’s IG story. He already improved his upper body. He is looking like a man out there.
    IG handle?
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    IG handle?
    @ravencortez6

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    UP should just get a good import and focus their money on it as well as get a good coach. but if ethan doesnt have a high cost to go along then i guess he is serviceable enough from the bench.
    Well with the injury, free Education plus help in the rehab was enough for the parents to let Ethan translocate to Philippines tonstudy and play.... Their demands are almost nil, the thought of free education is more than enough for them... Kasi sa Australia mahal ang tuition and he cant get an athletic scholarship there...

Can't really beat good education. Hopefully, Ethan gets inspired to train his body. While his knees are being rehabbed, he should work on his upper body to not be idle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyz View Post
    Hope Raven is a legit 6-foot-8 right now. I'm more interested about his growth development (height) than his physique development at least for now.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Well with the injury, free Education plus help in the rehab was enough for the parents to let Ethan translocate to Philippines tonstudy and play.... Their demands are almost nil, the thought of free education is more than enough for them... Kasi sa Australia mahal ang tuition and he cant get an athletic scholarship there...
    thats good news. hope ethan find his groove. doesnt matter if he plays basketball or not as long as he is healed with his injury. im pretty sure at UP even off the bench or third string center is good enough.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Unpopular opinion but Sandy should stay as BG coach imo. I think it’s just his lack of experience (plus a couple other factors: Edu injury) that gave us a disappointing run in u19. It helps that he is an assistant to Tab and Dickel so I’m willing to give him a chance, his system looks promising. Hopefully he gives the ball to Kai more.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Unpopular opinion but Sandy should stay as BG coach imo. I think it’s just his lack of experience (plus a couple other factors: Edu injury) that gave us a disappointing run in u19. It helps that he is an assistant to Tab and Dickel so I’m willing to give him a chance, his system looks promising. Hopefully he gives the ball to Kai more.
    i agree.im also okay with sandy. hope they will have more time to prepare for the next tournament. maski naman si tab yan if given only 1 month to prepare wala rin.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    He really just need to get a good true pg to go with a kai sotto.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    I hope we are not over simplifying that Kai is just a point guard away from being a dominant big man in Asia. This will all comes to waste if we won't finish in the top 4. I think it still necessary that we have someone who can fill in the shoes of Edu and Tamayo in order for Kai to move forward and raise his stock at this age group.

Quote Originally Posted by kamokamo View Post
    I hope we are not over simplifying that Kai is just a point guard away from being a dominant big man in Asia. This will all comes to waste if we won't finish in the top 4. I think it still necessary that we have someone who can fill in the shoes of Edu and Tamayo in order for Kai to move forward and raise his stock at this age group.
    just like kiefer needs a kai sotto center for them to qualify for u19 and u17 worlds.. and for kai he really needs a matinong PG like kiefer, dalph, matt nieto types but not romeo, castro type PG's

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    Wink wink Ateneo's Padrigao.... In the Under 17/18 age group who are the viable options at PG? The members will of U17 poo lNash Enriquez is just 5-6,others are 5-11,son of Cortez and 6foot Cajucom plus 5-11 son of Analyzed Jordan Perez.. IsiahBlanco, son of Don Hontiveros, is a 6-2 combo guard who can play at PG if Sandy wants to go big... So realitistically, sino pa ang PG in that age group who has international experience aside from Padrigao... Maybe Jordan Perez, lets see this NBTC if he can hold his old against UAAP and NCAA PGs..

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Wink wink Ateneo's Padrigao.... In the Under 17/18 age group who are the viable options at PG? The members will of U17 poo lNash Enriquez is just 5-6,others are 5-11,son of Cortez and 6foot Cajucom plus 5-11 son of Analyzed Jordan Perez.. IsiahBlanco, son of Don Hontiveros, is a 6-2 combo guard who can play at PG if Sandy wants to go big... So realitistically, sino pa ang PG in that age group who has international experience aside from Padrigao... Maybe Jordan Perez, lets see this NBTC if he can hold his old against UAAP and NCAA PGs..
    Not a bad choice too. They have been playing together for 3 years. So by the time FIBA Asia u18/u19 starts chemistry wont be an issue.

Whatever happened to the Migs Pascual kid?

Quote Originally Posted by kamokamo View Post
    I think it still necessary that we have someone who can fill in the shoes of Edu and Tamayo in order for Kai to move forward and raise his stock at this age group.
    raven cortez is a mobile defensive big who pairs well with kai. dunno who the other bigs will be tho

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    raven cortez is a mobile defensive big who pairs well with kai. dunno who the other bigs will be tho
    Possible is Bismarck lina, if he is still eligible

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
    Possible is Bismarck lina, if he is still eligible
    lina is only 6'5" tho and is not an effective international big. he'll need to grow at least 2-3 more inches

Quote Originally Posted by magic_chiongson View Post
    lina is only 6'5" tho and is not an effective international big. he'll need to grow at least 2-3 more inches
    Kobe demasana is taller and maybe more promising than Bismarck but 3 to 4 years younger so he is to raw, lina was named as best forward in UAAP Jr last season, mobile with good handle for his size and can play small forward

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast