Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
    This game was fixed.

Just look at what Joey Dorsey does in 2 plays. Whoever betted heavily needed Holargos to win by 20+. Game ended 90-110.

Panionios fans are angry asking the management to resign and certain players including Dorsey to leave the club

He's not even trying to make that look convincing.

Comment

Originally posted by paspalj View Post
      There are separate things to be considered here.

On one hand, Olympiakos had complaints against 3 referees (from the game against Pao, when they left at halftime) and had threatened not to play in a game that those 3 refs would be appointed. To me that's an absurd claim as saying which referee you don't want, is about the same as saying which referee you want. A team shouldn't be in a position to pick who officiates their games. When one of those refs was appointed for the last game, Oly hooligans gathered outside his house and the next day there was an attempt to burn the police car that was stationed outside his residence.

The state and the basketball federation did nothing about it. I understand that you can't punish a team for a bunch of fools that decided to terrorize the ref's family but it is clear that Aggelopouloi are abettors of this behavior. Actually, although DPG might have ulterior motives, I support his decision on trying to do something about this. I understand that it has become a bit tiring (I forfeit a game, you forfeit a game, we all forfeit games) and this particular instance was pretty ugly because there were teams that were still fighting for staying in A1 but something needed to be done.

Refs are normal people, with families that do a pretty thankless job. They shouldn't be afraid of their lives and ultimately, a team shouldn't be able to dictate who officiates their games.
      The state should send the greek basketball federation in prison since -for years- they are unlawfully and in violation of court rullings stopping greek euroleague referees from officiating greek league games.
      They should also send the owners and managers of pao bc to jail for their falsification of contracts. At a point 2 or 3 years ago pao was claiming something like 6 million total basketball expenses!

Of course the state will do nothing since the state is allied to these mafias. Feeling sympathy for the mobsters is not to my taste personally. I understand others have looser morality.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
        The state should send the greek basketball federation in prison since -for years- they are unlawfully and in violation of court rullings stopping greek euroleague referees from officiating greek league games.
        They should also send the owners and managers of pao bc to jail for their falsification of contracts. At a point 2 or 3 years ago pao was claiming something like 6 million total basketball expenses!

Of course the state will do nothing since the state is allied to these mafias. Feeling sympathy for the mobsters is not to my taste personally. I understand others have looser morality.
        I don't disagree with any of your statements. But they are completely irrelevant to this.

Two wrongs don't (always) make a right.
        3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Really sad story....I usually do not like Reds in any sport/league, but my heart goes out to Oly fans.

Comment

One of the 2 Aggelopoulos bros told Gate 7 fans at a convention they had that they will not play against PAO on Monday because foreign referees were not appointed. ESAKE which is the body of the league comprised of the teams held a vote if they wanted foreign referees and the voted tallied 13-1 against Olympiakos wishes.

Olympiakos not playing a 2nd game means automatic relegation according to league rules.

Olympiakos prefer to play in A2 to avoid a 40 point loss on Monday as well as our annual enjoyment spanking them.

Rumors have it that DPG will financially support the strongest 2-3 teams in the A2 league to keep Olympiakos in the A2 division as long as possible.

Oly is expected to field youth and a few experienced A2 players in the league with their main team playing only in the EL.

It's also uncertain if the Adriatic League will accept Oly because they would expect them to participate for a minumum of 3 years.
            Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
            Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

In the end, the bross succeeded. They compromised the league.

btw, does anybone remember how things were back then in the 90s? It seems like a dream in comparison with the current situation, in all aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
                In the end, the bross succeeded. They compromised the league.

btw, does anybone remember how things were back then in the 90s? It seems like a dream in comparison with the current situation, in all aspects.
                They didn't compromise anything. They clipped their own nuts.

All the teams today told Oly straight up "Stop being d*ckheads. We're sick of your sh*t".

Comment

Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
                  They didn't compromise anything. They clipped their own nuts.

All the teams today told Oly straight up "Stop being d*ckheads. We're sick of your sh*t".
                  Actually, they did. Consider the whole chain of events, Pao's counter measures included.
                  Do you think that the league's esteem is intact?

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
                    Actually, they did. Consider the whole chain of events, Pao's counter measures included.
                    Do you think that the league's esteem is intact?
                    No. Our league is a joke but it won't change for the worse as it's already rock bottom.

At the end of the day what is good in Greece for our basketball to be good?

We no longer produce quality players and have been dependent on Greek American imports for the last 10 years (Koufos, Bramos, Calathes)

Our youth teams are either in the B divisions or barely make the top 8 at top level.

From our last team to make a final at youth level (2015), only one player is playing for a top club, Papagiannis.

The rest are trash time bums for average A1 teams.

1) Lountzis Lavrio on-loan for PAO. Even if he returned he would play no more than trash time as a 3rd pg.
                    2) Douzidis- Is he even playing A2?
                    3) Milendijevic in A2
                    4 ) Flionis - Trash time for Aris
                    5) Michaloutsos - Is he even playing A2?
                    6. Skoulidas -trash time for Holargos
                    7) Christidis - Trash time for Aris
                    8) Diplaros- Trash time for Panionios
                    9) Skordas Is he even playing A2?
                    10 Charalampopoulos - The Great hope of Greek basketball, injury ravaged this year at Lavrio but in general never worked hard enough on his deficiencies. I see him fizzling out fast as he lacks heart and belief. He has the body of a '90's player.
                    11) Mouratos- Trash time for Ifaistos.

Greek basketball is in a very dark place and I blame Vasilakopoulos wholly. He was great once upon a time but now he's just holding on a chair and is too old to care to fix the problem.

The last good generation we had produced Sloukas, Papanikolaou, Pappas, Jankovic, Bogris, Mantzaris who at least played at a high level. That was the last good generation 10 years ago. We can't even produce talented players any more.

From the young players we have now, only Papagiannis and Mitoglou have a chance to stay at EL level.

A1 has a rule you must have at least 6 players eligable for the NT but none are good enough to play. You have the 6 Americans/ Foreigners playing 80% of the time and the Greeks play 20%.
                    Last edited by EverGreen; 05-18-2019, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
                      No. Our league is a joke but it won't change for the worse as it's already rock bottom.
                      I don't think we have hit rock bottom yet. Wait and see.
                      Anyway, the league without Oly is an even bigger joke. The only interesting thing was those derbies and now they are gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adon View Post
                        I don't think we have hit rock bottom yet. Wait and see.
                        Anyway, the league without Oly is an even bigger joke. The only interesting thing was those derbies and now they are gone.
                        True but can you do when Oly want to avoid PAO and play in A2? Cry and beg them to play? Especially when they send their hooligans to the referees house to threaten him and his family. Society has no place for scum like that.

If Oly wanted to change things they could have asked for meetings in the summer to discuss changes. At the end of the day, PAO is only 1 vote but everyone agreed with PAO at the end of the day.

What good did Oly do 5 years ago when they broke away from the central TV contract and told all the small teams they can die. PAO carried them for 2 more years before breaking away because we were losing money from the deal that didn't include Oly.

The bad thing for Oly is no team is supporting their views. None. 13-1 is a massive slap in the face which spells out your ways about going about things is wrong and is making everyone suffer because you're acting like a spoiled brat because your parents aren't buying you an ice-cream.

I'm not saying DPG is an angel, far from it but Oly have gone about their issues in the wrong way and the wrong time. You can't be asking halfway across the season for massive changes. These things are done in the summer.

Comment

• The only major change that will happen in greek basketball this summer is the tv money plummeting. Even more.

I'm really looking forward to seeing our youth in competitive A2 games, not to mention having the possibility to ease people in following injuries and what not.
                          The mafia bosses can enjoy their micky mouse league all they like, they built it in their own image and now they get to play in it by themselves.

Comment

• Btw, what's so massive about getting foreign referees? Can't afford to buy them plane tickets?

We're finally done with this nonsense.

Comment

• A GREAT DAY FOR GREEK ATHLETISM TODAY.
                              the shame of basketball,the team that played full court press against 3 people in the famous match when they poisoned csska in 1995, a team that the games in their court never end when they lose (2010,2013,2017 finals never ended cause they made riots unable to admit they lost in court),the team whose owners dont go out on medal ceremonies,never congratulate the enemy teams (they said they were better than both real and fener in 2015 and 2017 and only lost cause they played in their home court),a team with owners that hug each other with killers (kountouris the president in their amateur sports is the one who stabbed and killed filopoulos in 2007).

nobody will miss them and all the greek teams today once again voted as one to kick these guys out of the league. they will not be accepted in ABA league next week as well and their fairy tale will end. it will be funny to see their roster next year,with euroleague games only,financial problems that will not stop and all these negative comments all around the europe about their team (weems,delaney have already talked about delay on payments, pitino,langford,killpatrick about their cowardness to play against us and much more).

once again i hope they stay in A2 for the rest of their history. and if they can drag their other sports down there even better.
                              Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

• Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                                The only major change that will happen in greek basketball this summer is the tv money plummeting. Even more.

I'm really looking forward to seeing our youth in competitive A2 games, not to mention having the possibility to ease people in following injuries and what not.
                                The mafia bosses can enjoy their micky mouse league all they like, they built it in their own image and now they get to play in it by themselves.
                                You forget the fact that A1 helps you ease in players after injuries or to find form when having a poor run. After all it's only the games vs PAO which are high pressure.

The advantage Oly will have is to have 9-10 foreigners with the scarcity of high level Greek players but you won't be winning any titles any time soon.

Let's not forget Oly titles and success have come under the current administration. It wasn't a mickey mouse league 3 years ago but it is now...ok..whatever. When you win it's because you are the best and when you lose it's because of the mafia.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information