Olympiakos-white towel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
    the same concern is valid for the EL. With one fewer ambitious team, the competition will be weaker/worse. Who is gonna beat CSKA now in the F4?

btw, the picture was bright for Oly just at mid RS. They have a very solid core of players (imho) in Goss, Strelnieks, Pap, Milutinov, Printezis etc. I have no idea why they dissolved so quickly.
    I believe Oly was in a constant downfall (rosterwise) for some years now. Because of their team mentality, their experience and some luck, they managed to overachieve and appear like a top team while every year they were worse than before.

Administration made big mistakes on every level and they raised great hopes to their fans. The worst thing with fantasies is the fact that they come eventually to their end.

Comment

Originally posted by saras View Post
      Like giannakopoulos had predicted some months ago,olympiakos is about to be dissolved.
      How is the country's greatest team going to be dissolved? That's nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
        How is the country's greatest team going to be dissolved? That's nonsense.
        you are not even the second greatest in greek basketball
        1. panathinaikos
        2. alvertis (in 20 years of career)
        3. olympiakos (in 88 years of history)
        4. diamantidis (in 17 years of career)

when you pass alvertis we can talk again about great teams. until then good luck on your next games in greek league for the fight of entering the greek playoffs and staying once again (3rd year in a row) without a title. banner 2019 "nothing" incoming
        Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

you are not even the second greatest in greek basketball
          Olympiacos is by far the greatest club in Greece. This is beyond doubt and discussing it is pointless.
          And being the greatest club in Greece means there are many great days ahead for it. Its stature guarantees it.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
            Olympiacos is by far the greatest club in Greece. This is beyond doubt and discussing it is pointless.
            And being the greatest club in Greece means there are many great days ahead for it. Its stature guarantees it.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
            like aggelopouloi said and sheep follow
            until the end---->A2
            Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
              Probably I belong to the minority but I don't like Oly's degradation. It's sad for many reasons and it's damaging for the Greek bb. The rivalry of 2 worthy opponents was good for the fans and for both clubs. Imo it's potentially harmfull for Pao in the lomg run.

I hope it's something temporary and Oly will recover soon.
              Totally agree with this. It’s the rivalry that has “instigated” the growth of both teams.

A part of Pao fans are already happy with just winning the domestic league, something that can be achieved with half the budget if Oly drops to the level of PAOK. That would obviously mean the end of any EL F4 dreams. This refers to the long run though, not the next year, or 2 years from now.

Additionally, the worth of the opponent is what makes a victory satisfying.

IMO, Aggelopouloi got arrogant after winning b2b EL and thought that they are above the players and that they would be able to repeat this miracle under any circumstances.
              3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                Such as? Valencia or Alba? Bayern? Follow Papaloukas footsteps and end up at Maccabi (in fact, with Sfairopoulos could be quiet possible)?
                Olympiacos are very importent to the EL and the BB family. I can't see VS in Maccabi later, he is far behind his days, even he is one of the biggest ever
                2022/2023:
                PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

i wish them the worst and euroleague should find a way to drop them out of euroleague cause they disgrace basketball and they will be worse than this year's darusafaka
                  Sorry, but this is a real pathetic approach. Euroleage won’t be better organisation without Olympiacos nor Greek League.

I am sure they are able to overcome such ordinary difficulties.

Comment

Originally posted by paspalj View Post
                    Totally agree with this. It’s the rivalry that has “instigated” the growth of both teams.

A part of Pao fans are already happy with just winning the domestic league, something that can be achieved with half the budget if Oly drops to the level of PAOK. That would obviously mean the end of any EL F4 dreams. This refers to the long run though, not the next year, or 2 years from now.

IMO, Aggelopouloi got arrogant after winning b2b EL and thought that they are above the players and that they would be able to repeat this miracle under any circumstances.
                    Although I agree with you, I wonder why are the other greek clubs on such a low level? PAOK, AEK, Marussi, Aris were once in Euroleague, and now they are just rubbish. Greek HEBA league is just that final series, all other games are boring and predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by markkanen View Post
                      Although I agree with you, I wonder why are the other greek clubs on such a low level? PAOK, AEK, Marussi, Aris were once in Euroleague, and now they are just rubbish. Greek HEBA league is just that final series, all other games are boring and predictable.
                      I think it had something to do with the economic situation in the country as the teams struggle to attain competitive budgets. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by paspalj View Post

who cares about olympiakos? i wish them to go until the end relegate to second division and do whatever they want after that. panathinaikos was a f4 team (2005),when olympiakos was finishing 8th in greek league and losing by 50 points at home from efes at that season. [deleted]
                        Last edited by Levenspiel; 07-14-2019, 01:37 PM.
                        Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Originally posted by markkanen View Post
                          As MrRager said, it’s all about the money. Owning a basketball is hardly an investment (especially in Greece). You need to put in way more money than what you get back in order to make your team competitive. So although there are a couple of crazy people like DPG and Aggelopouloi that send money down the drain, the current financial situation is very unforgiving for other businessmen to think about putting money in.
                          3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Originally posted by MrRager View Post
                            I think it had something to do with the economic situation in the country as the teams struggle to attain competitive budgets. Correct me if I am wrong.
                            Economic situation doesn’t help, but basketball in Europe is doomed per se. FIBA destroyed it and EuroLeague didn’t do anything to save it. Football has won big that battle. No TV rights and no money doesn’t go to work for a long time.
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

An interesting remark:
                              Most oly fans criticize Blatt, but they left in the clear "the good boys" which are the main cause for all that. If I was an oly fan I would be very angry with their unsportsmanlike behaviour and their complete lack of self-criticism.
                              In addition, Aggelopouloi, with their decisions, try to drag down Greek bball along with them. No surprise from the same guys who threatened that they would not permit their players to participate in the NT.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                                Follow Papaloukas footsteps and end up at Maccabi (in fact, with Sfairopoulos could be quiet possible)?
                                I don't think Maccabeo would appreciate that!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information